正式発表はFF7オリジナルの発売日1月31日だけど
どうせあと4日だから教えてやるよ

FF7.PS3
FF7.PS3
PS1をPS3に移しただけでなく過去やサイドストーリー等の追加によるFF7完全版
ちなみに8と9のPS3でのリメイク予定は無く発表は先だがPSPに移植される

野村氏のインタビューで「今年出さないと意味がない」未発表作品があるらしい
そして、今年はFF誕生20周年。FF7誕生10周年…多分1月31日(FF7発売日だった)にサプライズ があるとみんな予想してる。

なお、ファイナルファンタジーXIIの発売日に店頭に姿を現したスクウェア・エニックスの和田社長が第1号購入者に商品を直接手渡すイベントが開催されたが、この際にFFファンの購入者から「是非、FF7をPS3でリメイクして欲しい」と直訴され、多くの報道陣が囲む中、「約束します」と返答している。

Found this in another message board. It's unconfirmed at the moment but loosely translated it says: FF7 Remake Will be announced. 31/1/07.... FF7 10th anniversary day.

http://nenryoubbs.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/527/

FF7(Original story) + side story + prequel story = FF7 for PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the source of what you're quoting?

Magazine or some random guy on 2ch? Not that a magazine or something like it is necessarily going to be more reliable, but it would at least have a chance.

Regardless, it'll only be a couple more days.

Ah, poorly supported speculation :)
As long as it isn't destructive I don't really hate it, but I'd still prefer some official underpinnings.
Many of us would like to see that particular game remade, myself included, that's hardly a recent development. I just feel terribly teased right now and promise to scream "boo", loudly, when it doesn't turn out to be true.

In Japan, such a remake could save the ps3 (or the PSP), which is pretty sad, when you think about it

Such a remake probably wouldnt be out until 2009+ anyways with FXIII and FXIII Versus on the map.

They don't need to wait for the announcement to start to work on it though. If there's gonna be a remake it should come out this year to coincide with the 10 year anniversary IMO. If this were true (which is pretty doubtful) they could have started work on it simultaneously with the Advent Children movie...oh how nice that would be.

They don't need to wait for the announcement to start to work on it though. If there's gonna be a remake it should come out this year to coincide with the 10 year anniversary IMO. If this were true (which is pretty doubtful) they could have started work on it simultaneously with the Advent Children movie...oh how nice that would be.

True, but they have pretty much denied anything regarding a remake for like 2 years, even before FFXIII and FFXIII was known IIRC. Chances of this happening are very slim imo.

A FF7 remake will happen sooner or later. Square would have to be smoking crack not to do this, they stand to sell a zillion copies with a PS3 remake. I really think that they will announce this on the 31st.. Time will tell though.

OMG

I hope its true and remade on the PS3 instead on the PSP. I ll be extremely happy if that happens :D

*gets on knees and prays*
hyper.gif

A FF7 remake will happen sooner or later. Square would have to be smoking crack not to do this, they stand to sell a zillion copies with a PS3 remake. I really think that they will announce this on the 31st.. Time will tell though.

There would need to be a zillion PS3s out there though...

True, but they have pretty much denied anything regarding a remake for like 2 years, even before FFXIII and FFXIII was known IIRC. Chances of this happening are very slim imo.
They never said "It won't happen, lose all hope", I just hope that if they finally decide to remake Final Fantasy 7 at least don't announce it 3 years before release.

Final Fantasy 7 is the best selling FF, a "cheap" remake would sell a lot (but less than a new main FF).

This would be one of the few games which would pull $1000 out of my wallet for a PS3 :cry: I'm replaying it now on my PSP, and it's as good as I remember.

That would be great - I've played it twice, but I would do it again if it comes out with different style grafix and voiceovers.

Back