The Duke Lives?

Since I am past 40 years old I do remember playing Duke Nukem. I also remember that everytime a new console comes out we are promised that there is going to be a Duke Nukem. The only way I see Duke coming out is if someone like Ubisoft buys the license, fires everyone involved in the game and start from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO NO NO NO NO...no UBi, recently everything they touch turns to some kind of bugged shit. And Duke is meant to look like an action figure, the whole point of the game is going over the top with stuff, not producing realistic life imitations. YOU`RE BLOWING UP PIG COPS, FOR GOD`S SAKE!

NO NO NO NO NO...no UBi, recently everything they touch turns to some kind of bugged shit. And Duke is meant to look like an action figure, the whole point of the game is going over the top with stuff, not producing realistic life imitations. YOU`RE BLOWING UP PIG COPS, FOR GOD`S SAKE!

hahahaah exactly. Duke Nukem always had that strange looks. It never tried to look realistic. Thats why I loved it. I always found the series since the Apogee days as one of the most "sickening", weird, awkward, twisted, action games ever with an action figure type character with a twisted sense of humor that reminded of Arnold

When I saw the thread title I first thought the original "Duke" controller for Xbox was making a comeback! I was all happy until I realized you guys were talking about Duke Nukem. :( LOL ;)

Tommy McClain

Is it just me or is the time right for Duke again? It´s like when he was out and was popular it just fitted with the cultere back then, and now we have done the usual 10 years circle and we can repeat stuff that was "new" then and sell them as new again, and think they are fresh..

The national minimum wage has remained $5.15
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
this cannot be true ( more than 10 years without an increase, also $5.15 must be one of the lowest in the west )

While DNF has been in production, Blizzard Entertainment, another studio famous for delays, has released four full games(Starcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, and World of Warcraft), with expansions for three (four when Burning Crusade comes out).

LOL.

Steve Jobs was still running NeXT when Duke Nukem Forever was announced.

LOL. x2

In April of 1997, Google, eBay, and the term "weblog" didn't exist.

LOL. x3

Microsoft released 5 consumer-oriented versions of Windows and might release Vista before Duke Nukem Forever hits shelves.

LOL. x4

Enron has filed for bankruptcy and folded. Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling have been arrested on fraud charges and subsequently indicted and convicted. In addition, they will most likely be sentenced before Forever is released.

LOL. x5 (Killing Spree!)

Britney Spears' entire musical career as a pop star has taken place during Duke Nukem Forever's development

LOL. x6

Approximately 509,373,306 people have died and 661,373,082 have been born.

LOL. x7

The Beatles formed, released every single one of their albums and broke up. During this time they also toured the world several times. [in less time than DNF's development has taken]

LOL. x8

And finally...

Six Harry Potter Books have been released, and four films produced

And #7 will be released, meaning the entire series of Harry Potter took less time to hit store shelves than DNF did.

Approximately 509,373,306 people have died and 661,373,082 have been born.
thus a gain of 150mil in 10 years, seems a bit on the low side.

yep thought so ( i remeber it reaching 6billion + knew it was ~6.5 now)
According to estimates published by the United States Census Bureau, the world population hit 6.5 billion (6,500,000,000) on February 25, 2006, at 7:16 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. On October 18, 2012 at 4:36 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, the Earth will be home to 7 billion people. The United Nations Population Fund designated October 12, 1999 as the approximate day on which world population reached six billion. This was about 12 years after world population reached five billion, in 1987. However, given that the population of some countries, such as Nigeria, is not even known to the nearest million, such precise timings are essentially meaningless.

this cannot be true ( more than 10 years without an increase, also $5.15 must be one of the lowest in the west )

Yes. How do you think we afford all the gnarly space weapons.;)

Few jobs actually pay minimum wage. In the USA, minimum wage is what some pimply teenager makes at his first hamburger stands. In my city, most fast food restaurants start above $6.00/hr anyway.

Back