LAIR Thread - * Rules: post #469

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 reviews from EGM.

And a 3.75 from Gamepro isn't exactly something to be proud of considering the majority of games get 4/5s.

It depends on the player. For your reference, Darkness gets 3.75 out of 5.00 from GamePro too, but people seem to like it. It's a pity F5 didn't put enough emphasis on gameplay though. Graphics gets an A+ from me (based on trailers and screenshots only so far).

3 reviews from EGM.

And a 3.75 from Gamepro isn't exactly something to be proud of considering the majority of games get 4/5s.

So because some people who have different thoughts from you and say a game is crap your not going to get it? I feel sorry for you.

My biggest concern for Lair is that they didn't give us analog controls in the air. The motion controls may not be for everybody. I don't know about you guys but when I play my Wii I always rest my arms on the arms rest of my chair. It does get tiring swinging the remote around.

EGM review is particularly disappointing. But we still have to keep in mind that a lot of the Press hasn't review it yet. I'll go by GameRankings to give me the final results. ;)

It seems that the 2 biggest concerns are:
* Getting "lost" in the game
* SIXAXIS flight control (Some liked it, most hated it ?)

Don't know if they can patch the game later so that we control the dragon using the sticks. They should do a poll on their blog and listen to the PS3 players.

IMO: A dissapointment. I don´t see anything special (graphic wise) in the newest ss. I see blurry textures , low polygons on soldiers (LOD) and the shadows seem to fade pretty fast?:???:
For a second try to ignore the dragon and look at the rest, not so amazing to me.
image10.jpg

IMO: A dissapointment. I don´t see anything special (graphic wise) in the newest ss. I see blurry textures , low polygons on soldiers (LOD) and the shadows seem to fade pretty fast?:???:
For a second try to ignore the dragon and look at the rest, not so amazing to me.

since when do we give a shit about ppl like you who judge a game by its screenshots.

oh give up already, go on and pick the worst screenshots of lair known to man kind and keep whining. find me a game that doesnt hav any blurry textures while u at it.

Wow, easy guys.

Btw these ratings come from neogaf. What's the probablility these are fake?
Blue dragon (6.5, 7.5, 6.5) and Lair scores don't seem right.

The lair reviews will come down to if the reviewer liked the motion sensing controls or not. That is it basically F5 screwed themselves IMO by not including traditional controls. The reason for the bad review sounded legitimate. Poor lock on system to long of missions were tiring with motion sensing and poor ground combat controls. If that is a fake review it is a good one.

There will be some very good and poor reviews of lair because of the motion sensing controls. I think it will be a love it or hate it type game.

The lair reviews will come down to if the reviewer liked the motion sensing controls or not. That is it basically F5 screwed themselves IMO by not including traditional controls. The reason for the bad review sounded legitimate. Poor lock on system to long of missions were tiring with motion sensing and poor ground combat controls. If that is a fake review it is a good one.

There will be some very good and poor reviews of lair because of the motion sensing controls. I think it will be a love it or hate it type game.

The problem with this review comes down to the credability of the review itself.
I won't take it seriously until I see some magazine scans.

Plus, the other ratings don't seem to be quite in order (blue dragon? huh?) which brings up further the possibility of it being fake.

I'd say that the control scheme may be a problem. But not as big a problem as something that will take this game down to 5~6.

Btw these ratings come from neogaf. What's the probablility these are fake?
Blue dragon (6.5, 7.5, 6.5) and Lair scores don't seem right.

those are legit numbers.
doesnt mean the games are bound to flop though.
blue dragon is summed up as well done, but "safe", while lair has some problems pointed at gameplay.

for blue dragon though, all the rest published ratings are much better.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/bluedragon
it actually is in the top-10 rated games for 360. (right frame, "all time high scores, #9)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/

Last edited by a moderator:
oh give up already, go on and pick the worst screenshots of lair known to man kind and keep whining. find me a game that doesnt hav any blurry textures while u at it.

Of course every game has some blurry textures somewhere, for example a rock.
But now we are not talking about a rock, we are talking about the whole texture on the ground.

since when do we give a shit about ppl like you who judge a game by its screenshots.

Ignore the proof, i´m not trying to convince you:LOL: just writing my opinion and backing it up with screenshots.
Here´s a few others I just brighten them up a bit so that one can notice more details:
lair-20070412062400760.jpg

image6.jpg

image3.jpg

Obakan said:
IMO: A dissapointment. I don´t see anything special (graphic wise) in the newest ss. I see blurry textures , low polygons on soldiers (LOD) and the shadows seem to fade pretty fast?
Of course every game has some blurry textures somewhere, for example a rock.
But now we are not talking about a rock, we are talking about the whole texture on the ground.

Ignore the proof, i´m not trying to convince you:LOL: just writing my opinion and backing it up with screenshots.
Here´s a few others I just brighten them up a bit so that one can notice more details:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/Obakan/lair-20070412062400760.jpg
That one is not new.

Well, completely disregarding whether or not any of the posted reviews are legitimate or not (from the hints at the 1up show I think that the biggest concern with the title seemed to be that they weren't happy with some of the art in the game), I do know one thing: at this stage, many comments about the sixaxis motion control really are as unreliable as they are ever likely to get. If we again go back to 1up, the Warhawk game is now a big favorite there, and the motion control in that game has been totally vindicated in the latest 1up yours podcast, as they witnessed some of their crew mastering the controls in a few hours and doing totally awesome things with the motion control. Some of these new things take time.

Definitely another hint about unreliability are comments like that it is too tiresome to use motion control for longer periods of time. That is only possible if the sensitivity can't be customised and you really have to put the controller in a 90 degree stance all the time. Anyway, we'll see.

The Gamespot score is a fake, but the one from EGM was posted by a user who got the magazine. Seems legit by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back