LAIR Thread - * Rules: post #469

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://gamers-creed.com/?p=135
Here is a website the claims it has final-build screen shots of lair. And BTW, oh that fire!;)

l_ki_lair23.jpg

The volume/shading/detail of the flame is... :oops:

Huge ammount of effort put into this game especally on the art front. I really hope that all that effort will marry with a excellent gameplay and AI to create the frist second gen PS3 AAA game.

I just moved my Halo 3 pre-order over to Lair :)

Halo 3 will be easy to find on sale release week and lack of online co-op puts it lower on my must buy list.

Did you guys check out the Lair videos in the Japanese PSN? There's a making of one that I highly reccomend, even if it's a bit spoilerish. It looked amazing and showed stuff from previously unseen levels (at least by me).

EGM Lair

lair: 6.0, 5.5, 5.0
combat system is confusing, and the sixaxis controls don't always work the way they should. lock-on system is also jacked.greg ford says the camera is frustrating in ground combat. the wide open levels hold a lot of potential but ultimately don't delivergarnett says it's a "frustrating disappointment" with a few bright spots

Ouch.

omg..no. lair is the doomed. dont buy lair.
funny people trust anything from the internet nowadays. if u base ur thoughts on just ONE review "assuming it's legit" then u'll hav a hard time buying any games. seriously who the f*** cares, and it just so hapens that the game is getting better and better. so why not trust urself on wat ur seeing or at least wait till proper reviews with LINKS.

^_^ If true, it would be a disappointment indeed. Thanks to Wounding Chaney for lowering my expectation though. Will still get the game because it will be a great showcase (and the music !) :D

EDIT: Found another review (Stolen from GAF):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7220113&postcount=195

Tideas said:
GAMEPRO - 3.75/5 (A)

Pros: Gorgeous graphics, amazing orchestral soundtrack, dragon based action is fun.

Cons: The decision to use a SixAxis only control scheme hurts more than it helps.

Some random quotes from the review...

ON THE CONTROL SCHEME ISSUES:

"To be fair, the motion sensing is pretty accurate but requiring you to constantly move your hands around while fiddling with buttons over the course of a fairly long game is asking too much. It's unfortunate that the game relies so heavily on a gimmicky feature that no one has been able to get a true grasp of (pun intended)."

ON THE GOOD QUALITIES:

"At it's best, the dragon-based combat of Lair is pretty damn awesome. Soaring around majestically in the sky; raining hot fiery dragon-breath death upon your foes' heads; grappling with other dragons and clawing their eyes out; leaping onto an enemy dragon-rider's back and hacking at him with your weapon; swooping down onto the ground and rampaging around like Godzilla--there's no shortage of thrills to be had."

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

"I should point out that we were playing an early review build and Factor 5 will probably make tweaks up to the moment the gold master goes off to the mastering lab, but the core gameply mechanics are already in place and there's no denying that it's flawed. I expect many fans will be disappointed thanks to all of the hype that's built up around the game, but the inevitable complaints about the control scheme will no doubt be warrented. Despite all this, Lair still manages to be a decent title that all PS3 owners should look into but you may want to reserve your true excitement for the day when the other hotly anticipated PS3 titles like Heavenly Sword arrive."

ON THE GROUND CONTROLS:

"The Sixaxis-only control scheme that plagues the game is noticably absent when you land your dragon on the ground as the analog sticks take over, making it easier to wreak havoc."

Not so bad. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
omg..no. lair is the doomed. dont buy lair.
funny people trust anything from the internet nowadays. if u base ur thoughts on just ONE review "assuming it's legit" then u'll hav a hard time buying any games. seriously who the f*** cares, and it just so hapens that the game is getting better and better. so why not trust urself on wat ur seeing or at least wait till proper reviews with LINKS.

3 reviews from EGM.

And a 3.75 from Gamepro isn't exactly something to be proud of considering the majority of games get 4/5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back