BSG's Tricia Helfer on Letterman tonight

Babel-17

Veteran
So says the TV listings at least.

OT: What the frack is with the corny music the sci-fi channel is using to promote the upcoming episodes? :rolleyes:

Sheesh.

She's a girl. She's got boobs. So what?

Seriously. I don't understand the childlike enthusiams so many males show at seeing a celebrityy's tits. Or other bits for that matter. Like they'd somehow be more special than the woman-down-the-block's.

Get a girlfriend fer chrissakes! :cool:

Peacs.

Sheesh.

She's a girl. She's got boobs. So what?

Seriously. I don't understand the childlike enthusiams so many males show at seeing a celebrityy's tits. Or other bits for that matter. Like they'd somehow be more special than the woman-down-the-block's.

Get a girlfriend fer chrissakes! :cool:

Peacs.

It's the fantasy - it's better than reality. Men don't want to know her problems, issues, bad habits, and the realities of living with a hollywood actress/model (by definition most likely as mad as a bag of spanners - like most actresses). We just want to see that made-up, well lit, photoshopped goddess image that hits us right in the deepest part of our visually orientated brains.

It doesn't matter that I have a gorgeous sexy wife that I love deeply and wouldn't swap for anyone - men just like to look!

It's the fantasy - it's better than reality. Men don't want to know her problems, issues, bad habits, and the realities of living with a hollywood actress/model (by definition most likely as mad as a bag of spanners - like most actresses). We just want to see that made-up, well lit, photoshopped goddess image that hits us right in the deepest part of our visually orientated brains.

It doesn't matter that I have a gorgeous sexy wife that I love deeply and wouldn't swap for anyone - men just like to look!

Am I alone then in finding the made-up, well lit, photoshopped goddess image repellantly synthetic?
I've only seen Ms. Helfer on BSG but found her more attractive with less makeup as the Gina character rescued from Pegasus rather than Number Six.

Great point!

Am I alone then in finding the made-up, well lit, photoshopped goddess image repellantly synthetic?
I've only seen Ms. Helfer on BSG but found her more attractive with less makeup as the Gina character rescued from Pegasus rather than Number Six.

Hmm, so you preferred her naked, chained, gang-raped, beaten half dead, rather than the self-assured, confident and glamorous Six?

Joking aside that's a fallacy - every image you've ever seen of her has had her made up, well lit, and (if in print) digitally touched up to make her look like the way the shoot is designed. The glossy, glamorous, exotic look is just as artificial as the clean, minimal "natural" look. There a mass of make-up, waxing, plucking, hair-dressing, gym-time with personal trainer, and the right underwear to get exactly that look. There's no doubt she's a great looking woman with that certain lean look, but that's nowhere near enough for today's media driven society.

Really though, you're just talking about personal taste - you prefer the natural look and there's nothing wrong with that, but you'd be surprised at how much effort goes into it.

As a side note, Tricia was discovered young and brought into modelling, but apparently she has a younger sister who is even prettier, but is not interested in the fashion/acting world.

Back