How often do you empty your recycle bin?

I always keep it empty, could as well disable it. I just keep it there in case I delete something by accident, so I can imediately restore it.

The recycle bin might well be the most used app on my PC, I empty it as soon as I delete something.
It's almost an obsession to keep it empty, it's disturbing. Maybe I should too disable it because, clearly I don't need it and it's there just to distract.

The recycle bin might well be the most used app on my PC, I empty it as soon as I delete something.
It's almost an obsession to keep it empty, it's disturbing. Maybe I should too disable it because, clearly I don't need it and it's there just to distract.

I do exactly the same thing. I used to have it disabled, but since my latest install of XP I've (for some reason unknown to myself) left it enabled. But I religiously empty it every time I put something in it, which defeats the object of having it enabled. Bizarre behaviour. Ah well.

I *think* it's due to my also having a Mac, I never empty the trash can on my Mac, it just sits there. I think the trash can is less obstrusive on the Mac than on Windows, maybe that explains it :???:

Maybe, if the icon remained the "empty bin" even if there was stuff in it, it would stop drawing attention.
I've even positioned the bin in my desktop so it's easy and quick to click (on bottom left corner) and it's the icon I keep in the same place on every PC I use, and if someone moves it to a different place I can't operate until it's there where it used to be.

I think I'm addicted to the recycle bin, as I've noticed I actually sometimes go to the desktop just to see if it needs emptying. Oh god, I need help.

I never empty it and it isn't on my desktop. I don't find it useful or interesting.
I shift-del most things except shortcuts, small text files, empty directories etc. where I don't bother with the shift key.
I can still access it with a shortcut I put somewhere, for the occasional time (once a year :)) when I might need to restore a file.

I wouldn't mind an option where files in the recycle bin were auto-deleted after an hour.

I've never opened the recycle bin to recover a file. The only times I've used it are some very rare "delete...oops...ctrl-Z" sequences. I assume that ctrl-Z works there because the file is in the recycle bin.

What do you do if you accidentally delete something? I know you can use some sort of undelete proggy, but surely it's more convenient to just go to recycle bin and restore.

I have chronic hard drive space issues because I delete things so rarely. =x

Current amount of items in recycle bin: 31

Of course, I have never emptied the recycle bin this entire Windows Install, though that just shows how little I actually have on my PC. Current amount of icons on taskbar: 4 (including the clock).

1 4/\/\ 1337.

I bypass the recycle bin (and its analogues in other apps). But I also have a small army of undelete programs bought over the years that have saved my ass, because I'm a retard that shift+deletes in the wrong place from time to time.

Back