Mother: my son learned how to steal cars from his PSX

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
The [nine year old fourth grade] boy was unhappy after his family moved to Lakewood, outside Tacoma, Wash. His odyssey began Sunday when he stole a car that was left running outside a neighbor's house, only to be spotted by police near a highway intersection.

Police pursued Semaj at speeds up to 90 mph until he took an exit and the engine blew, after which the car went over a curb and coasted into a tree. He refused to come out of the car, so officers broke a window to unlock a door and immediately recognized him as a frequent runaway and car thief, Lakewood police Lt. David B. Guttu said.

After his failed runaway attempt Sunday, Semaj escaped from home again on Tuesday, this time traveling by plane instead of car.

Last month Semaj also crashed a stolen car before being caught by police in Tacoma, and more recently he was caught in Seattle in a stolen car that had run out of gas, said his mother, Sakinah Booker.

She believes he learned to drive from playing video games on a PlayStation.

I never knew cars came with yellow triangle buttons or D-pads. But, hey, I learned how to drive a car in the early 80s thanks to:

Indy_500_2600_ScreenShot2.jpg

After his failed runaway attempt Sunday, Semaj escaped from home again on Tuesday, this time traveling by plane instead of car.

Wow, PlayStation taught him how to fly a plane too!

UGH please! How about this woman takes responsibility for her apparent bad parenting instead of conjuring up an overused scapegoat?

"My son plays videogames! Every wrong he ever commits from here on forth will be because he has taken a vested interest in gaming!"

I guess racists and Republicans(are they really mutually exclusive? ) have learned to hate from Space Invaders.
Space Invaders teachers hatred of "aliens"(Mexicans, Muslims, etc... )
Space Invaders teachers to use force to invade another planet(Iraq, Iran, etc... ).

President Bush must have been an awesome space invaders player if his invasion of Iraq has anything to say about it. :LOL:

Probably an automatic, and he put it in 1st gear. Then it won't shift up, and it's easy to destroy the engine.

Btw, the article doesn't say that the mother blames the playstation. What she said could be a direct answer to the reporter asking why the kid knew how to drive the car.

I would have been more impressed if the kid learned to respawn two seconds after a shootout with police, perhaps a few dollars poorer and without his five million rounds of ammo, but otherwise completely unharmed.

Probably an automatic, and he put it in 1st gear. Then it won't shift up, and it's easy to destroy the engine.

Btw, the article doesn't say that the mother blames the playstation. What she said could be a direct answer to the reporter asking why the kid knew how to drive the car.
Cars have rev limits to protect the engine from retards ;)

I would have been more impressed if the kid learned to respawn two seconds after a shootout with police, perhaps a few dollars poorer and without his five million rounds of ammo, but otherwise completely unharmed.

Hahaha classic. Signature worthy quote.

Cars have rev limits to protect the engine from retards ;)

Uh, newer OBD2 computer-controlled cars do, yes. But if you take your old 1982 Mazda GLC station wagon out back and floor it, it will continue to rev until you break a valve spring or a rod lets go.

I learned to fly thanks to Aviator. But I can only fly upside-down under bridges, and between tall buildings (unlike those other well-known n00bs who demonstrably couldn't).

I learned how to romance the ladies thanks to:

Image:S_CustersRevenge_1.png

Zing!

I learned how to get chicks from Japanese dating sims.

Apparently, the fastest way to her heart is to memorize minutia and feed it back to her in a predetermined order.

Either that, or picking through trial and error from an endless series of queries, where both the questions and answers may as well be in some unreadable foreign language. Occassionaly, you must play through some trifling and demeaning little game she insists her man succeed in for little reward and no reason--all without directions and with frequent blowups, awkward dialogue, vast expanses of silence, and abrupt endings...

...dear god

Back