HBO producing A Song of Ice and Fire

Instead of bitching about it not coming out, don't buy it when it does. That'll show him.

Instead of bitching about it not coming out, don't buy it when it does. That'll show him.

This unfortunately is not an option for me. Well it is, but I know I'm going to buy it the day/week it comes out simply because my desire to do so is sky high. I love the series with an intensity. Books do it the right way IMO because it a piece of physical media that you need to open and read. The ebooks aren't the same to me at all. But yes, I will bitch about it not coming out because when it finally does my $20 will be gone.

Don't you think his publisher and agent and wife and other people with a properly vested interest aren't riding him?

What you are forgetting is that it was 5 years between A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows.

last thing i read was that he hopes to finish it in June...
hopefully I'll be able to find scanned&OCR'ed copy before official release

:D

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/14/050259&art_pos=20

On Wednesday, French game development studio Cyanide announced that they will be working with George R. R. Martin to bring his popular fantasy series, A Song of Fire and Ice, to the realm of video games. The press release implies that there will be more than one game, and the games will come out for PCs and "next-gen consoles." Apparently an HBO television series is in the works as well, in addition to board and card games related to the books.

I'd be happy with a Total War-style game that ships with a lavishly rendered strategic map of Westeros peppered with some of the minor characters from the books available to be recruited as spies, diplomats, maesters, war captains, etc. No reason to automatically have Baelish working for the Lannisters. I'd love to see the wildlings attack the Wall during the single player campaign at random times for each campaign, and the same for the subsequent Others' incursion. Have free swords available to hire from the east, and have each campaign's finale be Danny landing with her dragons (not sure GRRM would go for this), with factions being able to approach her prior to the invasion (with high costs). I don't know, just spit-balling but sounds fun. Being able to hire Faceless Men would be cool too.

And here I was thinking you were talking about suicide to get out of finishing the series...
Alas, I cannot in all honesty claim that I intended that joke when I wrote it. I wish I could, because it would make me look a lot smarter.

Anyway, rumour has it that good old Sean Bean has been cast as Ned. Eddard Stark needs to be well cast and well played because he is so important in the first book. Is Sean Bean the right choice? I like him, and as a Yorkshireman, he's probably just as down-to-earth as Ned.

Here's a site which follows the development of Game of Thrones.

http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/

Edit: Rumour confirmed, Bean is Stark.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/95840.html - the roles of King Robert, Jon Snow, Joffrey and Viserys have also been cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tricia Helfer could at least pull off Cersei's looks, bitch and sexy aspects.

And here I was thinking you were talking about suicide to get out of finishing the series...

2iw864l.jpg

:cool:

Back