HBO producing A Song of Ice and Fire

A Storm of Swords is, IMO, the best book in the series so far.

Rumors are that Martin is about to announce that the manuscript for the 5th is finished and soon to be in the hands of the publishers. 7 Tyrion chapters and lots of Jon and Dany.

A Storm of Swords is, IMO, the best book in the series so far.

Rumors are that Martin is about to announce that the manuscript for the 5th is finished and soon to be in the hands of the publishers. 7 Tyrion chapters and lots of Jon and Dany.

Storm of Swords is my fav too. Feast was disappointing after that. I've got higher hopes for the new book, but there's still a long way to go. Let's hope the rumors are true - where did you hear them from?

Casting is gonna be a bitch. GRRM made too many characters too young.

So much for that rumor of the 5th books being close to finished in early '07, eh? A co-worker is friends with GRRM's personal assistant so I know more now than I can talk about publicly, but I'll just say that I don't expect ASoIaF to ever be finished before someone goes the way of Elvis. He realizes this is his opus, what he'll be remembered for, and has been giving himself a severe case of writer's block for years and years now.

A co-worker is friends with GRRM's personal assistant so I know more now than I can talk about publicly, but I'll just say that I don't expect ASoIaF to ever be finished before someone goes the way of Elvis. He realizes this is his opus, what he'll be remembered for, and has been giving himself a severe case of writer's block for years and years now.

Funny, I remember saying much the same about Robert Jordan many times over the years. For once I wish I was wrong :(

Haha, well I expect Tyrion to be played by an actual leprechaun!

My comment was a joke, but I was not aware Dinklage has officially been cast. Have a link?

Good development on this.

I was sad last fall the book did not come out. I was looking forward to having a new book to read many times over.

Back