3dfx Fusion chipset? (The Reg)

PrzemKo

Newcomer
Found this @ The Register (one of user comments about 3dfx.com shutdown):

"Drew, I will have noticed... Not only has my $7000 investment shrunk to $150... but, my expectations for the Fusion Chip set which 3Dfx would have started shipping had it secured a bank loan. Having got a sneak peak at the chip set (which was ready to go to the foundry) I quickly noticed that it KICKED BUTT. It was faster in 1024x768 running Q-III than anything else I have seen to date.

Note: I have not yet been able to see the Latest WildCat or Fire GL-2 cards as yet but I don't think they would have had it when it comes to frame rate. The sad thing is most of the employee's were fairly upbeat before the Ax came down and 3dfx went belly up. 3dfx did approach 3 other companies who offered them worse deals than arch rival nPukia....

I thank Al Gore for this bank loan debacle... Yes, Al Dorf caused major freezes on high risk loans. I read that other companies not just 3Dfx were caught in this same bank loan brain freeze. They got stuck in the LOCK BOX ! So... I too grieve for the loss of the good friend of gamers world wide..."

Was that about Rampage?

Link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/18423.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PrzemKo on 2002-02-11 16:37 ]</font>

Uhm... that reader=full of crap. Most of what the Register prints related to graphics is off base a bit, and when they throw in *reader's* comments....well...things get worse.

They've gone downhill since Mike Magee left, but that guy that Mike has doing graphics news is just as bad as that reader on the Register.

Back