(post scritto da ita)ps3 e scaler

livps3

Newcomer
ciao a tutti sono nuovo .un informazione su ps3 .
allora volevo sapere se lo scaler ps3 lo ha o no? o e disabilitato?, ce una confusione totale su questa discussione . in caso che non ci sia lo scaler, ps3 potra visualizzare i blu ray in 720p oltre che 480p e 1080i/p? . per i giochi credo che sia risolvibile programmando il gioco con tutte e tre le risoluzioni 720 1080i/P aspetto vostre risposte sopratutto da nao grazie a tutti ciao

here everyone speaks english! Try on italian forums ;)

trad

Qua tutti parlano inglese, prova sui forum italiani.

ciao a tutti sono nuovo .un informazione su ps3 .
allora volevo sapere se lo scaler ps3 lo ha o no? o e disabilitato?, ce una confusione totale su questa discussione . in caso che non ci sia lo scaler, ps3 potra visualizzare i blu ray in 720p oltre che 480p e 1080i/p? . per i giochi credo che sia risolvibile programmando il gioco con tutte e tre le risoluzioni 720 1080i/P aspetto vostre risposte sopratutto da nao grazie a tutti ciao

I want to know if the PS3 has a scaler or not, or is it disabled or hampered? There is some confusion about this. In the event that there is no scaler, is the PS3 able to show blu-ray movies in 720p or just 480p and 1080i/p? For games, I think that the problem will be resolved by programming the game in all three resolutions. I await your responses, above all "da nao". Thanks and hello to everyone.

What does "da nao" mean?

I want to know if the PS3 has a scaler or not, or is it disabled or hampered? There is some confusion about this. In the event that there is no scaler, is the PS3 able to show blu-ray movies in 720p or just 480p and 1080i/p? For games, I think that the problem will be resolved by programming the game in all three resolutions. I await your responses, above all "da nao". Thanks and hello to everyone.

What does "da nao" mean?

"da nao" ---> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/member.php?u=13

:LOL:

livps3 said:
In the event that there is no scaler, is the PS3 able to show blu-ray movies in 720p or just 480p and 1080i/p?
Think about what is required for 1080 movie to be displayed in 480, and you have your answer.

Think about what is required for 1080 movie to be displayed in 480, and you have your answer.

There is no reason why they can't scale in software though. I'm expecting that this will be added as a feature soon in an update - I can't believe that it would be a hard thing to do.

Faf was saying just that ;)

Not as unambiguously as would be recommendable in a thread full of effin' Ities (movie reference, not actually meant as an insult ... ! ;) ). You could interpret Faf's line just as easily as, oh, so the PS3 has no hardware scaler, so that's not possible then. ;)

mi amore panzani formagi e kebab

anyway, so what about PAL 576P AND 576i support? is this actually going to be inside the PAL ps3
or will every region just use the NTSC format? i strongly believe PAL developers will make their games for one or more of these res 480i / P 720i/P and 1080i/p and ommit pal resolution..
in the logic that everybody will migrate to HDTv resolutions anyway and wont need pal

Back