Rumors swirl, Microsoft has purchased Capcom=debunked*

Honestly I really didnt pay attention to SF after SFII Hyper fighting. I think the game was balanced then with likeable characters. After that it kinda just went ... crazy... Give me a High res, Hi Def SF II with the same balancing and up-to-date outfits and more interactive backgrounds... all 2d and I'd be in heaven.

have you put any time into SF3TS?

Honestly I really didnt pay attention to SF after SFII Hyper fighting. I think the game was balanced then with likeable characters. After that it kinda just went ... crazy... Give me a High res, Hi Def SF II with the same balancing and up-to-date outfits and more interactive backgrounds... all 2d and I'd be in heaven.
I hear ya. My interest in SF series sort of started falling off with SF2 -- they released too many damn editions for me to know what was going on, it was too hard to keep up with. I would like to see an SF4 though...

There is something going down. This probably isn't it but that rampant rumors indicate that something "big" is happening. Chances are the rumor reported by IGN on Wednesday was their way of letting the public know that where there is smoke there is fire without actually giving away what it could be.

Despite what some people think Microsoft already owns two European studios as far as I know but they have yet to purchase a Japanese studio. If there were to purchase one I would think the company would be smaller but if they want to show that they are serious about Japan they may need to purchase a studio that is relevant.

To add more to this rumor why did Capcom really close down Clover?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how easy it's to spread rumours on forums to people who want to believe. :LOL:

When there are at least 5 rumors going around that Microsoft is doing this or getting that they are hard to ignore especially when one of them turned out to be true. It could just be that becuase that one rumor turned out to be true that everybody is paying more attention to these rumors than they need to but then again...there is just too many of them all at the same time...lets just wait and see.

When there are at least 5 rumors going around that Microsoft is doing this or getting that they are hard to ignore especially when one of them turned out to be true. It could just be that becuase that one rumor turned out to be true that everybody is paying more attention to these rumors than they need to but then again...there is just too many of them all at the same time...lets just wait and see.

Wait which rumor turned out to be true?

Dr Nick: Post #4

Nothing came of IGN's 'reporting.'

Chances are IGN knows of something they just can't talk about it yet as do other media outlets. They were among the first media outlets to indicate that there will be more love shown to the 360 by Japanese plubishers.

Yes I do mean VF5 and I do remember a lot of people saying it was false until it acutally happened.

too many *big* rumors, I think that something big is happening out of there..

if this rumor is true, could means that we can see on 360 exclusives as:

Onimusha,Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, MegaMan, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Phoenix Wright, Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, Breath of Fire, Steel Battalion, Power Stone, Dino Crisis, Darkstalkers, Tech Romancer, Ghouls'n Ghost,Final Fight,Bionic Commando and 1942

let's wait and see ;)

I figure capcom's not stupid enough to sell to MS when MS knows they know they'll get the few other exclusives like DMC4 and capcom wants to sell on more platforms (at least a bunch of shovelware on Wii). This doesn't make sense in any way, and I would kind of be aganist it because there would be no (possibly good) Wii games from capcom.

I want everything on everything with advantages possibly for the wii vesion.

I figure capcom's not stupid enough to sell to MS when MS knows they know they'll get the few other exclusives like DMC4 and capcom wants to sell on more platforms (at least a bunch of shovelware on Wii). This doesn't make sense in any way, and I would kind of be aganist it because there would be no (possibly good) Wii games from capcom.

I want everything on everything with advantages possibly for the wii vesion.
Microsoft buying Capcom would probably be too expensive and the risk of them not delivering the goods after the purchase, which I am sure they have had an experience like this else where, is too great. I don't think Capcom would sell anyway and I don't think it would mean getting their IPs as exclusives. The biggest thing that might come from this is getting games that people were expecting to remain Sony mainstays to go multiplatform. It might not be as good or as *big* as having them as exclusives but better than not having them at all...at least for some games that is.

I also don't think Capcom would want to do what they did with Nintendo last gen again. Exclusives for the 360 using their own IPs if any will likely be timed. Then again they could always have a Mistwalker like arrangement where Microsoft owns the IP and some studio from Capcom creates the game.

p.s. This rumor likely came from the EGM rumor which claimed that MS "paid a lot" for DR2 exclusivity.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be an awesome move for MS if they could pull it off.
Yes, it probably would.

However as I am first an dforemost a geezer gamer anbd not a stockbroker I can't see how this would be all that aewsome for us.

Capcom is one of the old and big multiplatform developers/publishers. If MS was to buy them it's unlikely they would continue to make titles for either Sony or Nintendo and I can't help but feel saddened by the loss of opportunities. If this was to happen who knows what Capcom could have made with the wiimote in the future for example.

It's the only region they haven't made a development purchase in. It would help with making inroads with japan.
Maybe. Maybe not.

It certainly doesn't help with the image the only way for MS to acquire talent is to spend $$$ to buy it.

Peace.

However as I am first an dforemost a geezer gamer anbd not a stockbroker I can't see how this would be all that aewsome for us.

Capcom is one of the old and big multiplatform developers/publishers. If MS was to buy them it's unlikely they would continue to make titles for either Sony or Nintendo and I can't help but feel saddened by the loss of opportunities. If this was to happen who knows what Capcom could have made with the wiimote in the future for example.

This will be good for 360 gamers and IMO good for the game industry as far as evening the playing field. We'd still be getting good Capcom games, that focus on one platform. Multi-platform is only a good thing when the said company spreads it's products out across all platforms (example EA) however capcom never did this. Certain franchises stuck on certain platforms and not all their games could be enjoyed by all gamers. So a move like this doesn't really bother me if true...

It certainly doesn't help with the image the only way for MS to acquire talent is to spend $$$ to buy it.

Image doesn't matter. Nobody outside of forumites cares how the games arrive, only that they do arrive.

What .... do people work for free?
Everybody's a comedian these days it seems. :cool:

You know what I mean! It's about building dev teams talent and franchises from the ground up (like Capcom and other old studios did it) vs opening up the pocketbook and purchasing it (Bungie Lionhead Rare possibly others I can't think of now.)

What about Mistwalker?
I don't knoiw because I've never heard of 'em before.

Peace.

Back