List of forum user name changes

So is it possible to reserve a name for future use?

I was thinking about "Cosmos"...

Is it possible to change "Jaws" to "j^aws", as quoted in lower case?

And will this affect searching in any way, e.g. old posts or threads that I may have posted?

Is it possible to change "Jaws" to "j^aws", as quoted in lower case?

Yes. Please deposit 800 microsoft points on B3D's account. Thank you and have a nice day. ;)

And will this affect searching in any way, e.g. old posts or threads that I may have posted?

Your old posts will be under the new name.

I think the ^ is meant to be a shark tooth.

Why not Jâws then? :p Or Jââââws.

@ homerdog; Shifty Geezer and Arwin: Individually you're all partially correct, and collectively close...

Firstly: "Jaws" not only contains a few initials from my name, but it's also one of my all-time favourite films. However, I didn't want it to be associated with the hilariously bad (and therefore awesome!) character from the James Bond films... So I put a "^" between the first 2 letters to represent a "shark fin"... This is the literal representation of the username...

Secondly: I didn't want to use a 'circumflex' to modify the pronunciation of "Jaws", but to use it allegorically, in more than one sense. And "Tooth" is a word that you can easily associate with a shark, e.g. It can bite back...

Thirdly: It's all lower case because this allegorically represents my interest in mathematical expressions, specifically Complex Numbers. It reads:

j^(aws)

... The expression itself doesn't mean anything specific, it represents a theme for Complex Numbers; their simplicity and the complexity they 'hide'... A capital "J" for example, could represent a Jacobian Matrix; instead the lowercase "j" represents Imaginary Unit "j" (aka "i") etc... The symbols themselves are often found in various functions and formulae...

Anyway, It's been so long that I almost forgot why; I think I originally tried to register (old forums) with j^aws, but I had some trouble for some reason and just settled with Jaws. I've used the username j^aws almost as long as a Jaws, but on other forums though; it's kinda weird coming back to "Jaws".

Yes. Please deposit 800 microsoft points on B3D's account. Thank you and have a nice day. ;)

Okay that's cool. Please let me know when it's done. And a sincere thank you in advance is worth more, and will last longer than any MS points, or console! ;P

^^ Thank you, but beware; a white shark likes the taste of Bludd. Even an jmaginary one, lurking below a dorsal fin, can strike a wayward half-a-bee; a stingless bee, is now a marked bee. Beware bee.

Major Bludd is an Aussie. He ain't no afraid of no puny old shark, mate.

Which mods/ staff have the power (no pun intended) to change names? Just asking, so I don't have to chase anyone in particular...

Bludd said:
Major Bludd is an Aussie. He ain't no afraid of no puny old shark, mate.

jmagine a white shark, roaming the planes of Mother Earth; its mate is its sensor, and blood is its major. It makes no distinction between bees, nor Aussies; it just be. It's neither puny nor old, but imaginary and timeless; it just be.

- j^aws

Done. You'll have to login again, and all your old posts have your new name alongside.

When did Jaws turn French? :???:

BriT said:
Who did he surrender to?

It does occasionally turn French, but only for their bread-like cuisine. The kind its jaws can nonchalantly nibble and gnaw on; and serrate the spleen. The kind that smells like crunchy-blood; buttered-blood, to surrender to, with a hint of lime. And blood-like wine, that tastes sublime; cultured by Space, and Father Time.

Fin

- j^aws

any chance of chaning eb to goonergaz? reason being goonergaz is my xbl and psn identity so therefore helps lessen confusion :)

Thanks in advance ;)

any chance of chaning eb to goonergaz? reason being goonergaz is my xbl and psn identity so therefore helps lessen confusion :)

Thanks in advance ;)

But eb takes less bandwidth and the site is slow enough already. :cry: :LOL:

Back