New alan wake vid

Actual graphics footage is the same they've been showing for a long time now.

What the developer said was very interesting though. I imagine there's a lot of unique gameplay and I really like what he was hinting at with using the lights and physics in a way of defense, offense and a way to change up your every day action game. I'm looking forward to the game, wish it had not been delayed, but I hope they do it right.

Ditto. Great interview.

Dynamic interactive weather effects? Sounds fun. I can't think of that being done before??

Bummer we have to continue to wait longer, but this looks good.

I imagine both versions will be released at same time from his comments?

It strikes me as a classic Remedy game -- extremely stylish, not for everybody but rather innovative, with a well-told story, and largely a showcase for new physics (and weather! woot!) technologies. Sign me up! :D

I feel like Havok brought more to the table as far as innovative, quality gaming action, than any purely graphical or gameplay mechanical inventions the last few years. I hope the weather and atmospheric effects can do the same in the coming years, setting new standards for depth in game worlds.

http://www.hexus.tv/show.php?show=13

still looks awesome. game footage is in the last third or so of the vid. only cheezy part is the very end with the robed figures, but the rest looks ace. also makes a comment that getting the pc engine running on 360 is "a walk in the park". mentions it is a 5 threaded game.

I think he was more saying that simultaniously developing on the PC and 360 is a walk in the park because of the very closely related development platforms, i.e. DX9, multi core symetric CPU's, XNA??

Other interesting points were the 5 thread usage (at this stage - room for more?) and the use of a full dedicated core to Physics "where available, i.e. quad core". Will 360 get the same treatment or will the load be more spread out? How about dual PC cores? Interesting stuff.

Graphically its stunning, nothing else compares right now apart from Crysis IMO and even then I wouldn't like to pick a winner based on what we have seen so far.

Did I hear him say that the lead character is an insomniac? The world looks very, very neat. Reminds me a lot of the movie "Insomnia." Any word on how extensive the environments will be? Remedy games have a track record of being overtly short games. I think I beat each Max Payne game within 4 hours.

Max Payne took me a good 8-10, at least. MP2 was something like 6-8.

I take my time though, and usually get stuck at least once.

http://www.hexus.tv/show.php?show=13

still looks awesome. game footage is in the last third or so of the vid. only cheezy part is the very end with the robed figures, but the rest looks ace. also makes a comment that getting the pc engine running on 360 is "a walk in the park". mentions it is a 5 threaded game.

Isn't the video in the end just the official trailer, which got out ages ago?

Back