Classic Xbox games

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Since i only owned a PS2 last generation (and with a few exceptions of FPS games , didnt play on the pc) i figured it was time to play some xbox 1 games on my X360.

So far ive bought\played:
Ninja Gaiden
SW: KOTOR1
Forza Motorsport

Now, any great games i have missed? (dont mention halo, i dont like halo)

Im definately buying KOTOR 2 tomorrow, what else should i pick up?

Those are the only two xbox games I so desperately want to play. I can't stand waiting to see if those two games will pop up on the bc list anymore. I'm going to get me an xbox. Going to be pissed at spending the money but I gotta play those games!

I recommend Psychonauts and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, they're on the list and great games. I liked Jade Empire as well but many people didn't seem to care for it

I liked Jade Empire a lot too. If you are into fighting, DoA3 and DoA Ultimate are pretty cool (especially Ultimate, IMHO). Panzer Dragoon Orta is wonderful, but not backward-compatible yet. :(

Also, you can check the various Splinter Cell games.

Yeah, Jade Empire definately. Crimson Skies was pretty fun and unique also (at least on the XBOX).

Ninja Gaiden is one of my all-time favs BTW, on any system,

I'm not sure what is bc...

Jade Empire
Project Gotham Racing 2
Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge
Unreal Championship 2 Liandri Conflict (one of the most underrated games on the system. It's really great. melee ftw!)
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Shenmue II
Fable
Guilty Gears X2
Thief (if you didn't play it on the PC)
Splinter Cell series (if you didn't play it on the PC)

Eurogamer did an article not too long ago about the best of the Xbox, and another article on the most underrated of the Xbox. You should check them out.

Those are the only two xbox games I so desperately want to play. I can't stand waiting to see if those two games will pop up on the bc list anymore. I'm going to get me an xbox. Going to be pissed at spending the money but I gotta play those games!

Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty cool, but it's short. You can, however, unlock the original Panzer Dragoon.

JSRF...I was an avid fan of the original. Sega dumbed down the controls for the sequel, there really isn't any challenge. It's long though, and if you like it it will likely keep you entertained for the 20 or so hours it takes to complete it with some of the hard to obtain tokens/symbols (can't remember what they're really called).

Owning both, I can't say I'd buy an Xbox just to play those two. You're bound to find some other Xbox games to enjoy along with them though.

My favorites from xbox days (sorry dunno if they're BC):

Shenmue 2 (pretty close to the best game ever)
KOTOR
Burnout 3
Sega NHL 2k5
Sega NFL 2k5
Soul Calibur 3

...i mostly used mine as a linux media center... ^^;

Just looking at the BC list and the titles unique to the platform, only a few titles jump out at me as worthy of picking up this go round:

Conker Live and Reloaded
Crimsons Skies
Fable
Fable: Lost Chapters
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Psychonauts
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

I've finished Grabbed by the Ghoulies. It's cute and fun. Played Crimson Skies and it's good too, but haven't really got into since I played the demo so much I got burned out before I finally bought it. The rest of them I've only played the demos, except Fable. Which I'm still planning on picking up eventually. And I'm not even a RPG gamer.

Tommy McClain

Tommy McClain

Back