Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 Box Art and Bundle

Tap In

Legend
Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 *updated*

Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 Box Art and Bundle Picture

RedOctane released today the first images of the box and guitar bundle for the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II, the sequel to the game that has inspired a nation of wannabe rock stars to achieve videogame greatness.
1167957311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never quite understood why this is so popular. I can understand the popularity of Singstar as it requires a bit of skill(as in vocal talent) but this game just requires you to push buttons that are sown on the screen.

I've never quite understood why this is so popular. I can understand the popularity of Singstar as it requires a bit of skill(as in vocal talent) but this game just requires you to push buttons that are sown on the screen.

The same way DDR is easy in that you only have to step on four arrows? :rolleyes:

If you've played the game, you'd know "pushing buttons" isnt as easy as it sounds ;)

I've never played DDR or Guitar Hero. However, I have watched friends, their friends, other people, etc. play both of them. I have nothing but mad respect for the people that are really good at the game (i.e., play well on harder difficulty songs and such)

That said, how much is this expected to cost? I might consider trying the game out...

That said, how much is this expected to cost? I might consider trying the game out...

My guess: $70 for the SKU with the controller, and $10-20-50 per month in microtransactions to get new songs till the end of your life, or till your controller breaks, whichever comes first.

My heart weeps on a sight of an Explorer guitar with a tremolo installed. :cry:

:)wink:)

That being said, I'll probably grab a copy. Being an avid music enthusiast I never really tried any rhythm games until DS's Elite Beat Agents, and wow : the most fun you can have with your pants on. Watched some kids play Guitar Hero in the store yesterday, but as I sold my PS2 away a while back (silly me) haven't had the possibility the play it until March (?) when X360 version is released.

Yes, it's so terribly easy. (The fun starts around 1:30 ;) )

I'm friends with this guy. He's fun, depressing, and daunting to watch all at the same time. Heh... :p

Dude GH 1 & 2 rock hard. I'm getting this for 360 as soon as it comes out.

With out this I would of never gotten thought some 8 hour writing sessions alive. :D

My heart weeps on a sight of an Explorer guitar with a tremolo installed. :cry:

:)wink:)

That being said, I'll probably grab a copy. Being an avid music enthusiast I never really tried any rhythm games until DS's Elite Beat Agents, and wow : the most fun you can have with your pants on. Watched some kids play Guitar Hero in the store yesterday, but as I sold my PS2 away a while back (silly me) haven't had the possibility the play it until March (?) when X360 version is released.

I finally picked up the original guitar hero recently, and I was stunned how much fun it was. I play guitar and I have to say it feels a lot like playing despite very different mechanics.

Very awesome game gave gh2 to a friends kids for xmas. We had a blast playing it all night long. When the kids went to bed me and thier dad started to drink and play. After about 8 beers I was not able to get past the songs on easy lol. I will definately pick this up when it comes out. I know most hate micro transactions but I welcome them here. Get a few new songs during the year before the next version comes out. I hope they have a pack with all the songs from GH 1 as a transaction I want to rock it out to irom man damn it. I never got into these types of games before but this one rocks. I never liked ddr ect but GH is the bomb.

The guitar is not wireless. The Red Octane wireless PS2 controller is out already, but I still don't think they have the fricker-frackery worked out with Microsoft to get the wireless Xbox one out yet.

You know, I thought similarly. Until I got my fingers on Frets on Fire. I played it for two hours straight and afterwards I was like...'Oh my god! Not in my wildest dreams I would have imagined that being so much fun!'.
And that was only a freeware pc clone.

I finally picked up the original guitar hero recently, and I was stunned how much fun it was. I play guitar and I have to say it feels a lot like playing despite very different mechanics.

I had a go at it a few times in a shop this week, and I must say I do enjoy it (coming from the same background of already playing guitar). It does seem limited still in terms of dificulty though, but I haven't had such a detalied look at the stats yet - does it measure how well you've timed your hits like, say, DDR? (which I like a lot) If nobody here knows, I'll look at this myself more closely (or google on some bemani sites. ;) )

It also seems that the original GH probably has a nicer tracklist. I think I'll try to get the original first also. Maybe if there's a nice offer somewhere - I've already been spending too much money lately. ;)

The guitar is not wireless. The Red Octane wireless PS2 controller is out already, but I still don't think they have the fricker-frackery worked out with Microsoft to get the wireless Xbox one out yet.

Damn... That would be so sweet...

But how come 1up reported that the guitar was wireless? (Sorry, no link, but i'm sure i read it from there)

But how come 1up reported that the guitar was wireless? (Sorry, no link, but i'm sure i read it from there)
I don't remember them doing so. The last news I saw from them about "wirelessness" was only confirming the PS2 wireless controller and assuming the 360 one would come.

To my knowledge, what's holding it back on the 360 side has nothing to do with interest or technology, but how Microsoft licenses its' tech for peripherals.

I don't remember them doing so. The last news I saw from them about "wirelessness" was only confirming the PS2 wireless controller and assuming the 360 one would come.

To my knowledge, what's holding it back on the 360 side has nothing to do with interest or technology, but how Microsoft licenses its' tech for peripherals.

Ow, my mistake then... i just googled it (god save google :p) and i totally misinterpreted the news. (i actually stop reading at the first paragraph and didn't saw the second one where they say its from Ps2)...

I was aware of the issue with 3rd party wireless devices on 360, but i thought that Red Octane could have made a deal with Ms...

I don't really see what the holdup is, either. There's no reason any considerations should be put in the way of quality specialty controllers/peripherals like this. 3rd parties trying to make cheap-ass $20 wireless controllers? Mebbe. Red Octane's wireless guitar? (The PS2 version of which kicks royal butt.) Nar.

pics at the link as well

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12533/Guitar-Hero-II-RedOctane-to-Announce-Xbox-360-Specifics/
Tomorrow, RedOctane will be making a formal announcement to offer up some key details about the forthcoming Xbox 360 release of Guitar Hero II. Among them is the confirmation of a March 2007 ship date.

The press release will indicate “over 70 finger-melting tracks,â€￾ though a person close to the company told TeamXbox that the game will include 74 on-disc songs—the 64 tunes that made up the PlayStation 2 Guitar Hero II song list, as well as 10 more that are exclusive to the Xbox 360 game. RedOctane’s announcement is expected to reveal five of them (and the artists that made them famous):
  • Billion Dollar Babies (Alice Cooper)
  • Dead! (My Chemical Romance)
  • Hush (Deep Purple)
  • Life Wasted (Pearl Jam)
  • Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo (Rick Derringer)
TeamXbox was also told that three of the remaining five exclusives are Possum Kingdom (Toadies), Salvation (Rancid) and The Trooper (Iron Maiden), all of which will be part of the main gameplay. The remaining two are currently unannounced, though they will only be unlockable through gameplay. Additionally, Dead! and Possum Kingdom will be “master tracks,â€￾ meaning that they’ll be the respective bands’ original recordings, rather than the studio remakes that make up the rest of the tunes in the game.

Back