The LAST R600 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=748386&starttime=0&endtime=0
rv630yk3.png

Looks off to me.

These aro SOOOOO not true, it hurts. The guy is just someone with lots of imagination, but lacking knowledge.

He says "I can't post the 3DMark screens since everyone will think it's fake anyway". Duh, really? :LOL:

My tip is, it's just a half-way educated teen trying to be kewl.

These aro SOOOOO not true, it hurts. The guy is just someone with lots of imagination, but lacking knowledge.

He says "I can't post the 3DMark screens since everyone will think it's fake anyway". Duh, really? :LOL:

My tip is, it's just a half-way educated teen trying to be kewl.

Jetzt sind wir schon zwei in Stuttgart die das Selbe denken :D

200-230$ 128bit mainstream card with 65nm gpu, 121/128watt TDP sounds horrible, i still can't belive its true, when true than something bad happend in the GPU design, or in TSMC 65nm process.
Only ddr2 version coming in may? thats will be not enough for compete. :rolleyes:
Where did you pull the $200-230 bit from?

That kid on hardwareluxx just overclocked it to 1.4ghz. :D
Unbelievable what some people do just to get a little attention.

Even funnier that the mods there let him post his crap.

That kid on hardwareluxx just overclocked it to 1.4ghz. :D
Unbelievable what some people do just to get a little attention.

Even funnier that the mods there let him post his crap.

It's that kind of uncalled for skepticism here that is preventing me from sharing the results from R750 OCed to 8.7GHz I have sitting right besides me. Your loss B3DF, your loss.

Before new generation mainstream cards after launch started in 200$ price range, i not see the reason why this can't happen now too
My guess after launch 200$ rv630xt gddr4 256mb, 230$ rv630xt gddr4 512mb.
Guesses are just that, guesses.

Considering they are launching after 86xx series and also that nothing points RV630 to be a mainstream monster, do you think they will be able to price at that level?

Last time X1600 beat 7600 to the market and ATI was able to get away with that horrid pricing initially. Once the 7600 hit the market, there were price cuts on the X1600.

Considering they are launching after 86xx series and also that nothing points RV630 to be a mainstream monster, do you think they will be able to price at that level?

Last time X1600 beat 7600 to the market and ATI was able to get away with that horrid pricing initially. Once the 7600 hit the market, there were price cuts on the X1600.

They arrived first, but Nvidia got the performance crown with the clever 6800GS move until the 7600 GT hit.
RV560 (X1650 XT), the true competitor for the 7600 GT, arrived awfully late to market (7600 GT -> March; X1650 XT -> November), at which point the G73 cards could be had for a much lower price.

Let us hope history doesn't repeat itself this time.

They arrived first, but Nvidia got the performance crown with the clever 6800GS move until the 7600 GT hit.
RV560 (X1650 XT), the true competitor for the 7600 GT, arrived awfully late to market (7600 GT -> March; X1650 XT -> November), at which point the G73 cards could be had for a much lower price.

Let us hope history doesn't repeat itself this time.
Even without the 6800GS, the X1600 wasnt spectacular by any means as the previous gen mainstream; 6600GT beat it in some benches. :???: But yes, I think there were two price cuts; one at the 6800GS launch and another before 7600GT.

Just goes to show that IHVs cannot price it a X level just because they want to. It has to have either (significant) feature or performance parity over the competition.

Not too much rumor about the rv630, i not say its a mainstream monster or not, maybe the 86xx series not so good than most of the users except after 6600/7600 series.
X1650xt-x1950pro very good price/performance mainstream-mainstream/performance cards, the only problem was with this gpu's, coming very late.
If AMD can release the rv610/630 in time, and when the performance and the yield on 65nm good, than AMD has the price advantage, and can start the price war.
Time will tell, i hope they learn something about the x1600 series fiasco.

I'm beginning to think we need midrange G8x and RV6xx threads.

DailyTech seems to think nothing significant from Nvidia until at least April: http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+will+not+be+present+at+CeBIT/article6200.htm

Why show your hand when the competition still can't ? ;)

In a way, it makes sense.
CeBit is mostly a consumer electronics event, so any significant PC launch would be somewhat "lost" in the background noise.

Computex Taiwan looks to be much more interesting now (for both AMD and Nvidia).

That's why I find the last few pages of arguments totally ridiculous.

One thing is clear: whatever the reason, AMD/ATI screwed up big time marketing-wise (that's what we can see and measure without any guessing involved). No speculation can sincerely suggest that there really is hope for coming out of there overnight through some miracle. It'll rather be a long, thorny way.

If they come up with a slightly better set of products, there won't be that much interest generated by the wow-factor and nV can still lower the prices anytime - slim chances for ATI.

If they come up with a much better product but with a respectably higher price point, nV can fight them on prices first, then soon follow up with either a souped-up G80 or even the successor - slim chances for ATI.

Hi-perf notebook market is also slipping away towards nV AFAICR?

A better question is: what new/better stuff must R600 do to make it interesting at launch day in the first place?

It'll be interesting to look back and see who mucked-up worst: AMD for the R600 lateness (even if it turns out that R600 is the only R6xx GPU that's technically "late") versus NVidia for the Vista horror story that's still driving people away...

Jawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back