This has gotta be a joke...

alexsok

Regular
Shacknews reports:
GeorgeB dropped by to let us know that 3D Realms is once again hiring for Duke Nukem Forever. Gamasutra's JobSeeker site notes an opening for an environment artist as well as a programmer while the 3D Realms Get Hired page also mentions the need for another level designer.
The project is ALIVE!!!!! MUHAHA ;)
Anyone believes it will ever come out? Will we live to see it?

George we love ya, but it's time to let it go man.

hahaha thats funny.

It might a a Duke Nukem joke going forever. Its Duke Nukem Forever. Ofcourse it will take forever :LOL:

Any link?

Okay so any guesses how many engines they changed since adapting the Unreal one?
In all sincerity though, I still have that E2001 video (was it that long ago?) and it looks quite alright even for today's standards - I just don't get what's the hold up.

When they say "When it's done", I sure hope then don't mean when the universe does us all in in a big crunch!!! :D

For anyone up to some nostalgia, here are two videos released from E3 98 and E3 01 respectively.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKM2VyTSN04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mte_xBtKZXU&mode=related&search=

I absolutely love the tune, the 1996 old Duke Nukem game (I had my first PC bought back then). Someone please steal the 01 version from their offices!!:)

p.s
I think they should rename the project to Duke Nukem NEVER - at least then I wouldn't be surpised every time they postpone it until the Messiah's billionth coming! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, yeah i'm wondering, in a somewhat abstract nature, if they decided to wait for DX10, consider that TES4 tried to accomplish a lot of DX10 features in DX9 code, and it runs really poorly on most systems (compared to other DX9 titles of similar or higher end gfx (HL2, Doom 3, FEAR, etc)) so maybe they're waiting for DX10? (11? 12? lol)

I personally know someone that moved there to work on it, so yea, it's happening. Doesn't mean I can't make fun of him, though. ;)

This game is soon going to be older than I am... Chrixst it's been a long time!

We can onl yhope and pray it won't be a lame duck when it finally arrives. Fortunately Duke is a relatively simple game concept (hero smartass and misogynist in equal amounts mixed with violence; hard to do wrong with gamers) so it should be a fun romp in the end.

Peace.

What 3drealms should have done, is what everyone else has done. Develop a game, make sure its as best as it can be and release it. Then start working on the next version of it.

By now, we could have had Duke Nukem 07. With over 10 years of experience in developing the Duke franchise and giving us gamers what we want.

But noooo, they stick it up to us and say its still in development.

If it wasnt how great Duke Nukem 3D was, I doubt anyone would have cared about this game.

Duke Nukem > Serious Sam, Gorden Freeman.

Someone just needs to buy 3drealms and then demand that the game gets pushed out by a specific date and then deliver on that. I wish I had the money, cos I would do just that.

Peace. :oops:

This game is soon going to be older than I am... Chrixst it's been a long time!

We can onl yhope and pray it won't be a lame duck when it finally arrives. Fortunately Duke is a relatively simple game concept (hero smartass and misogynist in equal amounts mixed with violence; hard to do wrong with gamers) so it should be a fun romp in the end.

Peace.

yeah, that was the idea behind Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness also

iirc that got less than 5/10 from most review sites

I personally know someone that moved there to work on it, so yea, it's happening. Doesn't mean I can't make fun of him, though. ;)
Get out! Do us all a favor please, have him send some anonymous anecdotes from the front lines....

BTW-Since DNF was announced, I've sired two children. The eldest of which is 9.... :???:

It took Martin Scorsese 30 years to get the film Gangs of New York to the screen.

And it was worth it.

That said, there's no way DNF is hitting a 2026 deadline.

This game is soon going to be older than I am...

You.... don't age?
:D

About the E3 videos,
looking back, I remember them well.. However:

The first video screams 'tech demo' to me.. where the second actually screams 'cool game' :)
Some of the things that happen in the second video still haven't really been done yet.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that the game may well be good :cool: In a retro kinda way :p

Back