GTR 2 on X360 [30 march 2007]

I wouldn't waste my money on the Xbox360 junk they call racing wheel. You can get way better one most likely at the same price from logitech.

Can you elaborate please? Because all reviews i have read, and my personal experience with it have been great.

I wouldn't waste my money on the Xbox360 junk they call racing wheel. You can get way better one most likely at the same price from logitech.

1. Logitech does NOT have a Force Feedback wheel for the Xbox 360. So no, you cannot get one at this time.

2. Based on the reviews, the wheel is not junk.

TeamXbox Review -- Overall: 9.4

With features like first-party quality, wireless connectivity, and true force feedback, the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel is tough to beat, with a catch. The catch is that any wheel peripheral without adjustable settings (a la Fanatec Speedster) is only as good as the software being used with it. PGR 3 is quite impressive when powered up, but unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel for wireless functionality and you might as well play it with a controller. Strangely, the opposite holds true for Need for Speed Carbon.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed for Forza 2, as this seems to be the main application for which the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel was designed. I’m also curious what Codemasters will bring to market, and what Bizarre has up their sleeves. But as it stands, I consider the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel like an undervalued stock with the chance to blossom if the conditions are right. Investing in the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel now can’t hurt.

Gamespot Review

The price tag may place this wheel atop a platform reserved for only the most dedicated racing enthusiasts, but it surely won't leave anyone disappointed. The only thing that it lacks in comparison to some of the very best racing wheels on the market is the full (realistic) 900° rotation, but unless you're parallel parking your F50 GT, you'll never miss it. Once you get used to the wheel and get your cars under control, you'll rarely find the need to use even the full 270° rotation of this wheel - even during drifting.

In summary - a solid wheel and a must-own accessory for racers. PGR is given new life with force feedback and the added control - even the most untamable cars (Pagani Zonda F and the F50 GT) are controllable and even more fun than before. The true beauty of the wheel may not be shown until Forza 2 is released, being that it was designed and tested based on the physics of the franchise, but it is certainly worth every penny to those interested in a deep, realistic racing experience.

IGN Review -- 9.0

Still, this sturdy, smartly designed wireless wheel is worth the relatively high price tag. It is shipping within the first year of the system, which means it will eventually support all sorts of upcoming racing games -- and that means the investment will pay off mightily down the road. If you're serious about racing, this is your wheel.

Gizmodo Review

Long story short, this is the best thing to happen to Xbox 360 racing games. Ever. If you're a racing fan—or just want to become a racing fan—get this controller. Seriously.

Xbox Canadian Live Review

So is the wheel worth the money? I would say right now if you can't stop thinking about it go out and get it. Playing through PGR3 should be an entirely new experience plus you will be ready once the 800 pound gorilla aka Forza 2 hits shelves next year.

Ciao gamer review

Overall this is a good unit. It comes with a copy of PGR3 along with the drivers to update your 360 to be able to use this wheel. It is appropriately priced and I personally feel good value for money as this unit does not need to be attached to the 360 as it is wireless.
It does have a slight "cheap" look to it due to the use of white plastic but atleast it means it fully matches up with the 360 itself.
The most important thing is it has excellent response in gameplay which is what you want the wheel for.

MS MVP (Gerlach) Review

The overall reviews are good, with a lot of "must have for racing fans" comments. Not a single review says it is junk.

Sankari, where are you getting your information?

Note that the above reviews are factoring in a number of negatives, like:

- Only 270 degree turning of the wheel; simularly priced wheels have 900 degree
- No shifter
- Only wireless mode (for those worried about latency; not to be confused by battery powered-rumble/plugged in-Force Feedback)
- Wheel is slightly small
- No customization software... yet. Currently software setup is game dependant.
- Expensive at $150; should have included a game voucher as most race fans have PGR3

Even with these negatives and other nitpicks they all conclude this is a great perephrial and worth the price for racing fans.

Anyhow, with GTR2 coming this means MS has Forza Motorsport 2, PGR3, PGR4, and Test Drive Unlimited currently exclusive as well as games like Ridge Racer, Burnout, Need for Speed, and a host of 3rd party titles.

It seems to me, especially with the broad spectrum of titles (uber sims, sims, arcade-sims, arcade racers, action racers, etc) as well as early force feedback support, that the 360 is making a serious bid for the hearts of racing fans. I am sure a lot of racing fans are counting their pennies and dimes going, "GT, F1, Motorstorm... PGR, Forza, GTR... nooooo!"

Anyhow, with GTR2 coming this means MS has Forza Motorsport 2, PGR3, PGR4, and Test Drive Unlimited currently exclusive as well as games like Ridge Racer, Burnout, Need for Speed, and a host of 3rd party titles.

Yeah add SEGA RALLY REVO and a couple other rally games into the mix and it looks like a good and varied racing lineup.

Can you elaborate please? Because all reviews i have read, and my personal experience with it have been great.

Yeah add me to the list as well. The wheel is great, and I love how it has placed PGR3 back in my game time lime light. The force feed back allows for great control, and a much better feel of the car and road.

Perhaps I went a bit overboard with my statement, not just a bit either. Lets take out the 'junk' out of it and the rest of the things about logitech. I apologize.

Now if this wheel had a stick for changing gears (Not that it has anything wrong by having the paddles in the steering wheel) but I'd rather have the stick.

And as to why I wouldn't waste my money on this steering wheel or any steering wheel is because I don't see any car game that is worth the racing wheels. Sega rally is still the ultimate king of racing games to me! :LOL: (arcade)

Perhaps I went a bit overboard with my statement, not just a bit either. Lets take out the 'junk' out of it and the rest of the things about logitech. I apologize.

Now if this wheel had a stick for changing gears (Not that it has anything wrong by having the paddles in the steering wheel) but I'd rather have the stick.

And as to why I wouldn't waste my money on this steering wheel or any steering wheel is because I don't see any car game that is worth the racing wheels. Sega rally is still the ultimate king of racing games to me! :LOL: (arcade)

well, I am not into butterfly collection as a hobby, so I find all this equipment that people use to collect, embalm, store and display butterflies a complete waste of money.
should I go on the butterfly collector forum and open a thread about it?

wheel is good. I dont know if its perfect (nothing is) but its good enough.
especially with PGR3 is a joy to play on. a test drive unlimited force feedback patch is all thats missing in my opinion.

well, I am not into butterfly collection as a hobby, so I find all this equipment that people use to collect, embalm, store and display butterflies a complete waste of money.
should I go on the butterfly collector forum and open a thread about it?

wheel is good. I dont know if its perfect (nothing is) but its good enough.
especially with PGR3 is a joy to play on. a test drive unlimited force feedback patch is all thats missing in my opinion.

Your point is valid, however I did not open a thread because I felt the wheel was not good.

Its not "perhaps you went overboard", you went over board. Far overboard.

Just because the wheel uses F1 gearing, (which btw, 99% of all real sportscars have theese days), and doesnt have a stick, doesnt make it junk.

Your point is valid, however I did not open a thread because I felt the wheel was not good.

But you did come in here and feel the need to tell the world that the MS racing wheel is junk.

Im not a fan of the Halo series, in fact, i think the Halo franchise is the most overrated games ever made. However, i do not call it junk in front of people. Because, the game obviously works, and has something alot of people love, its not my kind of game, but just because my opinion of it is bad, calling it junk would be out of line.

Its not "perhaps you went overboard", you went over board. Far overboard.

Just because the wheel uses F1 gearing, (which btw, 99% of all real sportscars have theese days), and doesnt have a stick, doesnt make it junk.

But you did come in here and feel the need to tell the world that the MS racing wheel is junk.

Im not a fan of the Halo series, in fact, i think the Halo franchise is the most overrated games ever made. However, i do not call it junk in front of people. Because, the game obviously works, and has something alot of people love, its not my kind of game, but just because my opinion of it is bad, calling it junk would be out of line.

Why don't you read my post again that you quoted. It looks to me like I already apologized for being way out of line. I said I went overboard and not just a bit either.

Its interesting how this is supposed to be a forum where we share opinions. Lots of people judge before they have even tried the product, what makes MS wheel so special that you can't judge it before trying it? It doesn't offer what I look in a racing wheel so if I feel that its not good, I will tell me view about it. I'll be careful with my wording from now on so people won't cry themselves to sleep over it.

Now why don't we stop this and keep on topic. This is offtopic as it is.

...the wheel uses F1 gearing, (which btw, 99% of all real sportscars have theese days)...

If by "F1 Gearing", you mean sequential gearbox with electro-hydraulic clutch, then only a paltry number of sportscars -real or otherwise- have it these days.

Off the top of my head, I'd say the first car it was available on was the debut year 360 Modena. And it was called the "F1" transmission. Even in the case of just that car, I think the split was closer to 50% than 99%.

Later Audi introduced DSG and it is being used all thru the V-A Group. And BMW started using electro-hydraulic clutches when they completly lost the plot some 3 years ago.

If by "F1 Gearing" you just mean flappy paddles or push buttons, then you can certainly get those on closer to your 99% figure of production cars but -ironically enough- seldom on a "real sports car".

I don't really know about the MR2. I'd guess it would have flappy paddle autobox much like a Dodge Stratus or an Accord would. There's a possibility that Toyota had a real smg..... I'd go look it up, but I'm on the PS3 browser right now and it's a gawdawful nightmare. It's horseshit.

EDIT: @ Capeta#39 - That's a trip! I'm going to look that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some Ferrari on tv yesterday, I think it was 757 or matbe 575 or something like that and it had an F1 like transmission in addition to automat, he could switch between them... the guy commented on it and said he didnt like it :cry:

so, is it GTR or GTR2 thats coming to XB360??? the marketplace video only says "GTR"

read the thread

your question was answered 2 days ago here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1Fanb0y1sm
is it gtr or gtr2 thats coming to XB360??? i thought marketplace just says "GTR" ???

from the source:
Quote:
This port of GTR 2 from PC will allow us to race with the cars of the
seasons 2004 and 2005 and
GTR 360 is the port of GTR 2 from pc

Back