Forum now supports PS Network ID and Wii Friends Code to go with XB Gamertags

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Due to the magic fingers of Ratchet, y'all should find that your User CP "Edit Profile" options now include buy-ins and entry boxes for both PS3 Network IDs and Wii Friends Codes. This works the same as the previously enabled Xbox gamercards. Click "Enable" to be able to see anyone's Network ID/Friends Code/Gamercard in their postbit if they've entered one. Fill in your own info in the box provided if you have one. Filling them in will show a link in your postbit (that area to the left side of every post where userid, location, etc go) to anyone who has enabled viewing them in their control panel. Clicking on that link will then display the Network ID/Friends Code/Gamercard as the case may be.

These links will only appear in the postbit of posts made in the Console Forum and subforums.

Addendum:

Ratchet definitely deserves some praise for giving everyone this somewhat late Beyond3d christmas gift. He really implemented everything in a jiffy. So if you want to write a love pm, just spam him :p...

Anyway, have fun...

Whoa, wait a minute...

At first, Ratchet didn't want to do it, he said that since the PSN and Wii network had no gamercard system, it thus was impossible to implement. I'm the one who insulted Ratchet and told him how to implement that (Note that the insults were not necessary, but I like to vociferate for nothing, so I did). He just did the grunt work, really.
Do not show any respect to him, he doesn't deserve it. Not to mention that if you did, he might sell your respect at a pawn shop and buy some booze with the money... Well, thinking about it, knowing him, he might pass on the drinks and try to complete his collection of Mario Lemieux memorabilia. He still have to get his hands on the 1995 limited edition of Mario Lemieux' teethbreaker waffles.

:p

Now, and slightly more seriously, you might thank him for the Nintendo (Well, in fact Wii) post icon he added. I would thank him too -if I was known for being grateful- if he also added a Sega post icon.

I predict a future for you in some Finance department somewhere, Vy, insulting IT for insisting on requirements gathering before programming. :LOL:

oops, never mind. it doesn't appear in the sig section, but under the user name.

thanks for making this happen guys. :)

Thanks, thats cool. I just have to .. get some code now.. I have no clue how to do that on my Wii.... :D
Enter the "message board" (the envelope icon at the bottom right of the main menu), then hit the second icon on the left ("create message"), then enter the address book (right-most of three choices). If you flip back to the "cover" page, you'll see your own Wii's number.

The address book is also where you can add our codes.

Nice to have the info available. Too bad it's not even close to the Xbox Live Gamercard format ;) (though that's not Ratchet's fault)

Back