What do you think about Love?

Love has an awful lot of forms, but all of them are a form of bonding. There is no such thing as instant love since they all take time to develop. Here are some of the different forms:

• The love of mates (not the UK term 'Mates', but the pairing of people with their significant 'other').
  • The parental love for your child.
  • The platonic love for a really close friend (those sometimes come with "benefits" under certain conditions).
  • The love for a creature (pet) that depends on you.
Love is a double edged razor. On one side it is something that can be very fulfilling and joyous. On the other side it is something that can cause a lot of emotional anxiety and stress. When you love, your are no longer in your little personal bubble. You are emotionally bonded to one or more others that takes a higher priority in your life than yourself.

So yes, I am all for the whole package of love - both the good and bad parts of it. I really need someone/thing to care about beyond myself.

(married 37 years this year)

I've only fallen in love once and that woman happened to be a carbon copy of me.
She left for her country (France) last year.....it hurts so bad !! :(

Sounds hot. So you had a lesbian incestuous love story with your french twin sister. I´d fap to that.

Lol...I meant to say that she shared my views, interests and hobbies.
She's one of the absolute best person I know and my life has been influenced a lot by her.

Move to France dipshit! :p

Seriously!

Edit even living in France is worth it for the one you love. I'd do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could, I'm still in university and from the looks of it I'll still be in one for the next couple of years cause I plan on further studies after my graduation. If only the French higher education wasn't so full of shit (Grandes écoles are too hard to get into and other universities are not worth bothering at all !). Also finding work in France for a foreigner is hard as it is.

I know most of you would say I'm far too young to obsess over one girl but this one was different.

Grand ecoles "just" require a decent GPA. Additionally if you apply for Study programmes that are in English, the number of applicants are drastically reduced!

If you love her: GO FOR IT!!!

Hmm you've been banned but if you're still reading this - make it happen! If she's that special, it's worth it.

Grand ecoles "just" require a decent GPA. Additionally if you apply for Study programmes that are in English, the number of applicants are drastically reduced!

If you love her: GO FOR IT!!!

Grandes Écoles have highly selective entrance exams, they don't care much about your current grades. At least that's how it works for French students. It might be slightly different for people coming from other countries, but I doubt it.

I got banned for posting about GT6 on a Forza 5 thread, which given the times was seen as trolling (under the temporary rules which I never went through).

Anyways,as far as I know I'll have to appear for a test as well for Post Graduate entrance. I'd love to go there and live. However, she isn't a Parisian, she is from Toulouse ie. south of France.

Guys, may I ask you for your opinions and advices?

What do you think about conditional friendship? For example- when a person is nice to you only under given circumstances and if you do something just a little bit not as expected, and the other side gets rude and starts to hurt to the extent of humiliation...

And afterwards this same side pushes the same friendship as it were really important.

Does this person really deserve to be a real friend or this attitude shows that people can be very tricky in showing that they like us but... actually, they don't to 100%...

What do you think about conditional friendship? For example- when a person is nice to you only under given circumstances and if you do something just a little bit not as expected, and the other side gets rude and starts to hurt to the extent of humiliation...

And afterwards this same side pushes the same friendship as it were really important.

Does this person really deserve to be a real friend or this attitude shows that people can be very tricky in showing that they like us but... actually, they don't to 100%...

Imo, it depends on how you feel with it, i.e. how problematic the behavior is at the end of the day. No one is perfect...all have habits, which one may not 100% like...a friend of mine is quite a cheap ass, which can get on my nerves...but in the grander scheme of things...I don't care...so the friendship can and has reached a steady status.

But if it is problematic to you, and your post at least shows that it is working in you...it is not possible to reach a status quo, as it will always be unsymmetric to you. There are two thimgs I would do: real friends care about you, so they also care about talking through difficulties. I.e. talk with friend. If he shows no interest. It is no friend...you find better ones...you deserve better ones! If there is interest from friend...there is still work needed to figure out how to possibly reach a positive steady status for your friendship...after all, friendship is a positiv thing, and should be a positiv thing.

Imo, it depends on how you feel with it, i.e. how problematic the behavior is at the end of the day. No one is perfect...all have habits, which one may not 100% like...a friend of mine is quite a cheap ass, which can get on my nerves...but in the grander scheme of things...I don't care...so the friendship can and has reached a steady status.

But if it is problematic to you, and your post at least shows that it is working in you...it is not possible to reach a status quo, as it will always be unsymmetric to you. There are two thimgs I would do: real friends care about you, so they also care about talking through difficulties. I.e. talk with friend. If he shows no interest. It is no friend...you find better ones...you deserve better ones! If there is interest from friend...there is still work needed to figure out how to possibly reach a positive steady status for your friendship...after all, friendship is a positiv thing, and should be a positiv thing.

Thanks for you post

Well, I am very sorry about it, most probably I have no fault in it but no matter how strongly I want to be positive, I just do not feel comfortable next to this person.
You know- when once someone humiliated you and they treat you as you were from the same gender despite being from the opposite... I think not many people will have a strong mentality to withstand...
It is like a negative friendship...

Here you can find a pretty good article:

Unconditional Friendship is Hard to Find

Sounds like your friend is a dick.

Sounds like your friend is a dick.

No, man, I would not call her in this way.

She is actually a beautiful person, even beyond beautiful, and perhaps that's the reason why I care so much. The thing is that this friendship will always stay with assymetry. She can't give me what I can, or what I would need...

Anyway, I like the way she wanted to keep it alive- in a so cute way, obviously she cares...

But why she can be rude- have no idea...

Back