Votes: 68 77.3%
  • ps3

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • other

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
for me it would be 360

Wii version is a joke to me

and ps3 version runs even shittier then 360 version.

My first thought was "I need to ban Mendel for making me watch Wii footage from a game like CoD3. The rotten bastige."

Then I calmed down a bit. :smile:

No, really, it seems to me that if you're a Wii person that's not the kind of game you bought your
Wii to play. Or alternately, if you're the kind of person who loves a CoD3 you won't be buying a Wii in the first place (or you'll buy an XB or PS to compliment your Wii).

There seems to be at least one person who thinks the fresh control scheme in wii version would be enough to offset the difference in graphics...or something like that.

In any case, results so far doesn't bode too well for ported Wii games.

There seems to be at least one person who thinks the fresh control scheme in wii version would be enough to offset the difference in graphics...or something like that.

The key point is "ported".

I'll wait for MP3 to know if FPS can work on Wii

And I swear it wasn't me!
The Wii has very good fps controls, they may even be the best you can get, but they just won't be needed in Cod 3. The game is designed to be well playable and balanced on a pad with two analog sticks and some buttons.
Mendel said:
Give it a while to cook. This is a sample of a)early adopters and b)Beyond3D. So far the Wii has little audience in the way of "temperate gamers", if you have one I'd bet you're either pretty hardcore or casual. If you fire up the spectrometer there'll be two nearly pure blobs on the scale with lots of space in between.

It should all get a little more normal in the coming year.

wazoo,
Don't worry. Fps controls absolutely do work. Try (rent?) Red Steel to see.

I voted "other" meaning, "Don't buy it". If you haven't played a COD game yet, pick up COD2 for the Xbox 360--that is a well made game. COD3, at least for the 360, looks pretty but has terrible pacing and terrible dialog and was a severe disappointment.

I voted "other" meaning, "Don't buy it". If you haven't played a COD game yet, pick up COD2 for the Xbox 360--that is a well made game. COD3, at least for the 360, looks pretty but has terrible pacing and terrible dialog and was a severe disappointment.

Meh, I played through COD 2 already on the pc. Seeing as there doesn't seem to be pc version of CoD3 though, I'll have to get it for one of these consoles. I just want to throw my brains away and have a blast again in WW2 environment. No puzzles please (Zelda will suffice for that) just a veritable nazi shooting range.

I've really liked CoD series so far and I think I know what I will be getting, I'm not expecting anything new or even any surprises. If it's just "cod 2 expansion pack" with new maps and decent multiplayer, I certainly won't be disappointed. Which brings to my mind... is there any online multiplayer in the Wii version? This could certainly nail it for me :)

reading up the gamespot review, it would seem that Wii version hasn't even got splitscreen multiplayer, much less online play.

The 8-10 hour single player campaign certainly isn't enough to justify 60-70 euro purchase. 360 having a 24 player online play over variety of modes... I think I'm going shopping for it asap.

But by all means, keep the votes coming. It'll still be interesting to see how it turns out.

I think Geo already said it as well as anybody could.

I'm actually shocked that you would even need to ask the question.

I don't have either system, but I knew what the answer was.

For you to have both systems, have to take an internet poll and have to mull over all of the rather obvious advantages and disadvantages to each version, surprises the hell out of me.

All of the reasons you gave for deciding on the 360 version are the same reasons I would have given you to buy that version, but I don't even have either system! I'd be giving you all that "advice" based strictly on internet reviews and what I know about each system.

The fact that you actually had to stop and think and weigh all the good and the bad on each system, really speaks wonders for the Wii, IMO.

Because there wouldn't even be the slightest doubt in my mind. That means the Wii must be a tremendously fun console, so much fun that those of us who haven't played it, can't even begin to comprehend its value and factor it into an intelligent discussion.

I can't imagine that the Wii would be so much fun that it could possibly counter all the reasons why you finally decided to get the 360 version. But it was close for you. It was an internal debate that you wanted some internet opinions on. Wow. Those Wii controllers must be really amazing.

IMO, any game that is available on the more powerful systems gets bought for them. Wii cross-ports aren't worth my money. Especially when they apparently get turned into little castrato versions. I'm not feeding those publishers.

After playing through COD2 in all difficulties (on the 360) last year, I'm kinda hesitant in jumping into any COD game for now. The novelty of the Wii control might get me to try COD3, but only if there is nothing else to play.

I can't imagine that the Wii would be so much fun that it could possibly counter all the reasons why you finally decided to get the 360 version. But it was close for you. It was an internal debate that you wanted some internet opinions on. Wow. Those Wii controllers must be really amazing.

Yes. I've had my share of pretty graphics so it was more the gameplay values that troubled me. Also have played quite a few fps games so naturally a completely new control scheme is intriquing. But I'll take multiplayer experience over new controls any day. I'll probably be playing the multiplayer part way more than the single player campaign, as it's been a while since I had a good WW2 multiplayer game (rtcw)

All that said, I'll still consider giving the Wii version a rent. But now, finally... to play the game -> :)

Well... Ok, you seem like an intelligent enough gent.... Are the Wii controllers unique and different, or are they better?

You made a comment essentially saying that FPS are boring and generic and having to learn a new controller scheme makes the games different and therefore better.

But is that all that it is? Is it just that you had to 'rrelearn' the controls in order to play? OR are the new controls better than the old?

I guess the question is better or different?

And if its just different.... doesn't that lend itself to open up totally different debate about difficulty levels and whatnot?

The 360 version. You just cant beat the graphics, and the 60FPS. The AI in the Wii version seems a bit off too.

The game is really smooth, I had almost no problems with framerate (it drops occasionally, but it's nothing concerning).

I can honestly see no difference between the xbox and PS3 versions, if online is important i would say buy the ps3 version, otherwise the xbox360 version indedd if you already have one xbox.

I played also the wii version. looks like cod1 for pc at low resolution. .. if you think controlling with the wii stick is important enough be my guest for the wii version

Back