Looking for a wireless PS2 pad with small receiver and batteries

cafevincent

Newcomer
I'm looking for a quality controller for PS2 that is wireless, has a small receiver (no larger than a memory card sticking out) and works on (rechargable) batteries. What product should I be looking for?

I'm looking for a quality controller for PS2 that is wireless, has a small receiver (no larger than a memory card sticking out) and works on (rechargable) batteries. What product should I be looking for?

The Logitech "official" wireless controller.

I agree with ban25. It is the best wireless controller for the ps2. I have tried other brands and have been disaapoineted. The receiver is quite small and bateries last forever. I wouldn't bother with rechargable, eventhough you can use them.

I wouldn't bother with rechargable, eventhough you can use them.
i just want to point out that it takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 50x the energy to manufacture a single use alkaline battery than that battery can produce. single use batteries are generaly wastefull and should be avoided whenever possible.

and i'll add another vote to the logitech PS2 controller

see colon said:
single use batteries are generaly wastefull and should be avoided whenever possible.

I do avoid them. all my 360 controllers run on [font=&quot]rechargeable and I just bought a charging station for my friend so he wouldn't have to buy batteries. It just that in a logitech controller a set of batteries seems to last forever.
[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the official Logitech Wireless PS2 controller as well + rechargeable batteries.

I don't think it should go without saying just how INSANE the battery life is on this Logitech controller. It easily can go 4-5x as long as other wireless controllers as it has all sorts of really, really clever technology to reduce data send/receive as well as preserve battery life.

The receiver is about the size of a memory card (albeit a little fatter) and has a green light for data. The green light is nifty for snooping how they preserve battery life as it uses a cool "delta" data send/receive vs. direct data.

The Logitech is your best bet. If you disable vibration, batteries will last for ~250 hours or so.

However, know that the d-pad is a bit oversensitive at first (but as time goes on, you break it in and it works as good as any other d-pad). On top of this, the pressure sensitivity for circle/x/square/triangle is not as good as the Dual Shock 2. Play a game like Metal Gear Solid 3 and you'll instantly see what I'm talking about. It's harder to keep your gun drawn and you just start firing, even if you didn't intend to.

That said, it's still the best wireless controller for the PS2.

Back