Gundam Musou for PS3 Announced

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/news/gundammusou.html

"Gundam Musou" is a Gundam game for PS3 developed by Koei and licensed/published by Bandai Namco. Apparently it's "Gundam meets Musou (Dynasty Warriors series)". The genre is Tactical Action. The release is in 2007. They say the most refreshing Gundam game ever, perhaps contrasting it to the criticized Gundam Crossfire.

I give up on Gundam...why are they making another? I think Koei and Bandai/Namco should just sell the Gundam License to "From Software". That way we'll finally have a satisfying, if not adrenalin-rushing Gundam game.

I I think Koei and Bandai/Namco should just sell the Gundam License to "From Software". That way we'll finally have a satisfying, if not adrenalin-rushing Gundam game.
Then we will just get another Armored Core under the Gundam packaging ;) I would rather see ZOE team a take a shot at Gundam.

Gundam and Dynasty Warriors? ACK. Two of the most stale franchises in games unite to spawn... do I dare speculate?

This game doesnt deserve a thread. Its the only series that lives on despite the crap that we get from it

Their quite a creative bunch, but I'd say they lean more to the "epic" if not action-adventure genre...I don't think we'll have as much as effect if we let them handle mechs and such...:oops:

I think they will revolutionalize the Gundam world. In its original form, Gundam is a deep, compelling and heavily conflicted world.

Yeah I always wonderd why there arnt any good gundam games because the series itself have more than enough to offer to build a good game around it.

Probably Japanese gamers will buy anything related to Gundam, and secondly due to low sales in EU and US I assume Bandai doesnt want to put the effort to make it a better game

Yes your probably right. But I assume bandai knows very well what kind of quality games they release. So if you know you release a piece of shit because you know japanese costumers will by it anyway than why complain us/eu sales suck? is it so strange that people dont want to spend money on a crap game? Those dbz fighting games sell well here because they are pretty good games. Though there probably arnt as many gundam as dbz fans over here in sure a good gundam game will also sell well in the west.

Yes your probably right. But I assume bandai knows very well what kind of quality games they release. So if you know you release a piece of shit because you know japanese costumers will by it anyway than why complain us/eu sales suck? is it so strange that people dont want to spend money on a crap game? Those dbz fighting games sell well here because they are pretty good games. Though there probably arnt as many gundam as dbz fans over here in sure a good gundam game will also sell well in the west.

Perhaps they arent sure wether even as a good game will appeal in territories outside US and EU. DBZ for example is popular in EU and US. Gandam isnt as popular(As a cartoon series I mean). But then again who knows

Probably Japanese gamers will buy anything related to Gundam, and secondly due to low sales in EU and US I assume Bandai doesnt want to put the effort to make it a better game
Dynasty Warriors games sell more than any Gundam game in Japan and outside Japan, this could result in a good/fun game but tons of things can go wrong.

Back