The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question for those who remember the GT5P demo in the japanese PSN store.

Can anyone tell me if there were very noticeable improvements between the Prologue Demo and the final Prologue game?

I tried the demo today and it kind of looked "outdated" compared to how I remembered it back then and I dont have the complete game. Its been a long time sine I played it somewhere so I cant really tell.

This has let me to wonder how good will GT5 look

Can anyone tell me if there were very noticeable improvements between the Prologue Demo and the final Prologue game?

it wasnt much of a difference, at least nothing that sticks out in my mind at the moment, although others may have a different experience

If you are asking difference between GTHD & GT5P...then there were a lot of diff.

I am talking about the GT5P demo vs GT5P full title.

The aliasing, shadows, jaggied layer of light around the cars during replays, too black and not so smooth shadows in car etc....

The Suzuka circuit in the demo doesnt look all that great

You may be able to find the answer from gtplanet or the official PS blog. I remember they have quite a few entries on GT:p updates.

I remember the shadows are indeed jaggy.

I am talking about the GT5P demo vs GT5P full title.

The aliasing, shadows, jaggied layer of light around the cars during replays, too black and not so smooth shadows in car etc....

The Suzuka circuit in the demo doesnt look all that great

I don't know if the track looks much better now (I actually doubt it), but there are definitely differences between the Prologue demo and Prologue itself in most of the areas you mention. But I haven't played the demo in ages. Also, GT5 Prologue itself got two updates (spec II and spec III), which may have had some improvements as well. For a complete overview of all the changes from demo to spec III, if such a thing even exists, you're probably better off on gaf on gtplanet.

Hi,

This may be old news, but I just got back from TGS, and I noticed on the GT5 page of the Playstation catalog there is the following statement.

Japanese: 収録車種中で150台以上が用意されるプレミアムカーでは、車がレース中に受けるダメージの表現も実現。

My English Translation: Included in the car roster are over 150 Premium Cars, which realistically portray damage received while racing.

Again, my apologies if old,
Oninotusme

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt it recently revealed that all 950 cars would have damage? If thats the case then that could mean that while all the cars have normal scripted damage the 150 could have a superior damage system.

Wasnt it recently revealed that all 950 cars would have damage? If thats the case then that could mean that while all the cars have normal scripted damage the 150 could have a superior damage system.

This doesn't have any relationship with damage being scripted or not, but licencing.

They probably have 150 NASCAR\WRC cars in game, which are allowed to get damaged quite severly, while normal cars are restricted by manufacturer rules, and some (ferrari, mercedes etc) are really anal about what they allow.

For example, damage to the coupe (where the driver is sitting) is not allowed.

I am actually fine with heavy damage on premium cars & lesser damage on others.

What I am disappointed to know is that GT5 wont be having Night races or any Weather effects...if they didnt wanted to do this then why did they started to talk about it :|

Terrible news

I am actually fine with heavy damage on premium cars & lesser damage on others.

What I am disappointed to know is that GT5 wont be having Night races or any Weather effects...if they didnt wanted to do this then why did they started to talk about it :|

How will they have Le Mans 24hours? This is very sad news my friend. I hope this will change in the release or DLC.

Where's the article ? Would like to read more about it.

It's probably the same issue Kojima faced. Kazunori may have a vision of where he wanted to go, then technical and project issues stepped in. The weight of 800-1000 cars is not light.

Where's the article ? Would like to read more about it.

It's probably the same issue Kojima faced. Kazunori may have a vision of where he wanted to go, then technical and project issues stepped in. The weight of 800-1000 cars is not light.

I dont see how amount of cars has remotely anything to do with technical issues of implementing day-night cycles or weather.

If anything the 1000 cars has one impact, and that is rising the art budget.

Aside from the cost of modeling these 1000cars, (and thus less money to do other stuff) the two are not connected at all.

I wont be surprised if PD did some Voodoo magic & Ray Tracing shit in their Photo mode.
But anyways if those are the kind of visuals we should expect to see in next gen racers...then I cant wait to see this gen get over :D

I dont see how amount of cars has remotely anything to do with technical issues of implementing day-night cycles or weather.

If anything the 1000 cars has one impact, and that is rising the art budget.

Aside from the cost of modeling these 1000cars, (and thus less money to do other stuff) the two are not connected at all.

Ostepop, I am never a visual-only person. I also don't play GT a whole lot.

I am assuming that Polyphony does more than just graphics for these 800-1000 cars. Do they all drive the same ? Each and everyone of them ? If there are incremental technical work for each (family of) car, the workload may overflow and push other features back.

Secondly, I saw some random posts commenting that PD may bake some visual elements into the car assets. If this is true, would it be affected by day-light cycle for example.

So far of what I have seen for TGS I am very excited but Mcalren is also going to have their new supercar so may be that won't be in GT5 as yet :(

Really happy to see Merc SLS AMG car though, can't wait ... march 2010 is earliest hope they can get everything right. This game look really impressive 950+ photo-realistic cars with cockpit views ... great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back