The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
more eyecandy of the GTbyCitroen Concept:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/2008/top-2008-Citroen-GTbyCitroen-Concept.htm

2008-Citroen-GTbyCitroen-Concept-Front-Angle-Graphic-1920x1440.jpg

I bought a G25 steering wheel and I was wondering for anyone who knows:

How do I get the clutch to work for GT5?

I don't own the G25 (settled for the DFGT) but I think you have to the press triangle button before/during a race to activate the clutch.

Does GT perhaps differenciate which cars effectively have a clutch and which don't? Wouldn't make be that realistic driving a car with sequential gearbox with the clutch of the G25 :)

From GTP forums:
you have to press the TRIANGLE button at the START or DURING each race to activate the clutch (you only have to press the button ONCE). Some of the cars are born with F1 gear so they only have auto clutch.

I love his games, but I think this hero worship he gets is way over the top.

At least he's not a knob with it like Itakagi though.

Anyway, I digress, only thing I need to know from him is "When" and at a push if there will be some link between PSP GT and PS3 GT. If there is I might have to get me a PSP too.

Gran Turismo 5: Searching for Clues
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1002423p1.html

Is it Real?
Upon first glance the trailer might almost look too good to be real. I met with Kazunori Yamauchi at E3 to play the PSP version of Gran Turismo and the first thing that I asked him was if the GT5 trailer was real or not. He looked a little confused by the question and basically responded with, "of course it's real".

The one part of that article that made me cringe was the Drag Racing segment. "These cars appear to be on an airport runway... what could it BEEE?!?!?", the author apparently missing the part about how the Top Gear test track is in the game (which is, amazingly, a runway), and that the screenshot in question has already been independently confirmed as being it. What's the point in writing a fancy article if you don't do any actual research?

Is the rest of the article accurate ? I'm not a race fan, can't decide whether it's a good article or not.

It's not bad. I don't agree with everything, but most points are valid. Actually I could probably build cases for a bunch of their arguments a lot better than they do.

@Jedi: yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back