The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting though, what with cars now allowing to be flipped over, will PD have enough time to work that into GT5?

If it's not there already then I doubt it will be in GT5. And I really hope they leave that aspect to be worked on GT6 and by god release the game already! :!:

If it's not there already then I doubt it will be in GT5. And I really hope they leave that aspect to be worked on GT6 and by god release the game already! :!:

But who knows what's in gt5 now? Last public patch to gt5 prologue happened about year ago.

flipping cars over would be a great addition to gt physics. makes it more real as they can model upward force

It's not for that that I would want it - they already model that. It just makes turns a little more realistic in some cars that get forces that would otherwise cause them to fall over (certain smaller production cars for instance). Their maximum speed in the turn is still limited to a realistic speed now through other means, but it would be a lot cooler to do a nice cup race where cars can topple over, as they intend to do in cup races. ;) I think it's cool that Forza managed to add this (and Shift, apparently too).

And yes, there is of course a good chance that it won't make it into the game. But you never know.

I have a question regarding the use of steering wheels with GT5.

A friend of mine bought me a Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel for my PS3.

The game plays well with Motorstorm, Wipeout HD and GT:HD.

When I tried it with the GT5P demo though the steering wheel didnt work. Does GT5P support only some types of wheels?

I reckon that the Ferrari GT wheel is probably compatible with one of the basic Logitech wheels. Did you try selecting one of the older models, like the GT Force or original Driving Force? It's very rare that a game works with other games but not with GT5 Prologue, I think.

It is strange. In the menu the game recognizes the wheel. When I press buttons and turn the wheel the cursor moves.

In the actual game its as if the wheel is unplugged.

I have tried various settings in the settings menu but nothing seems to work.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the demo only

That's a nice bargain!

In other news, here's a short interview with KY which contains a few interesting details, most interesting of which probably is that they seem to be trying to make it so that from GT PSP and GT5 onwards, you'll be able to keep the cars you've earned and bring them over to the other games. So if you win a car in GT PSP, you can drive that car in GT5. He also confirms that the Nurburgring is in this game, and mentions that they've kept the d-pad controls from way back when GT1 was released throughout the series and since they've been so well tuned over the years he thinks this is probably going to be the preferred control method on the PSP for GT PSP. He also mentions that GT PSP takes a lot of hints from GT5 Prologue in terms of user interface, and that the Ferrari Enzo and a B-Spec (if I remember correctly) version of the GT-R are probably the fastest/hottest cars in the game.

Carrying over cars from one GT game to another is a nice idea, but I doubt it'll happen. They have talked about doing this before on older GT games but it never happened.

They would have put all 800 cars from the PSP GT in every future GT game, plus whatever interesting new cars are released in the meantime. It'll just keep adding up to an incredible numbers of cars, and ever longer development times between games.

Maybe they should be looking for a different way to distribute the game. If they release a smaller game with for example 200 cars and 30 tracks, and add 10 cars and 1 track to that through free DLC every month for the next 3 years. Wouldn't that be the same as releasing a full game with 560 cars and 66 tracks 3 years later? I know I would rather have that instead of waiting years for a proper sequel.

Oh I definitely think that's the way its going to be in the future. But that's maybe also why they're discussing this option again now. It would suck having to buy a car for each version separately. Still, I think they may pull it off for the PSP and GT5 versions, but GT6 I'm not so sure.

It seems like they are looking to go DLC for GT5 already, but with two different options - one in which you pay once and get everything, and one where you pay for different components individually. Will be interesting to see if that's the way it turns out, and what the pricing will be in that case.

PD could always limit the import of cars to the common set found from between the two games user is importing from. After all partial import is better than no import at all. Another solution would be to just to give money back to player based on how much they have achieved in earlier gran turismo games. I would expect import to be somehow related to online profile rather than save game to not allow "cheating".

I am not too bothered if they don't allow cars to be brought over..

Half the fun is starting from scratch!..

I am so hoping they somehow squeeze this out in time for Christmas..!

I am not too bothered if they don't allow cars to be brought over..

Half the fun is starting from scratch!..

I am so hoping they somehow squeeze this out in time for Christmas..!
Agreed.

I allways enjoy GT games the most in the beginning anyway, because then your low on cash and gotta think a little bit about your tuning choices etc. After a while you got so much cash that you dont really care.

At least I have "limited" time to play and I wouldn't want to spend 200hours both to gt5 and psp gran turismo to collect all cars. My motivation is more in the competitive racing and online and not in the car collection...

Few new screens.

- Some screens are real photographs before anyone goes all wonky.

Some nice screenies there..

I actuallty like the idea of guessing the 'real pics', something PD/Sony could 'use' as a good marketing tool..

Mind you, for that particular set it's not too hard to 'spot' the gt5 pics, not sure how many 'racing kerbs' and other such racing periphery you get in London these days, and I doubt PD would have bothered to model some of the more interesting methods of transport!..

Still, any 'news' that may indicate the hype train is gethering momentum for the end of this year is more then welcome!

Some nice screenies there..

I actuallty like the idea of guessing the 'real pics', something PD/Sony could 'use' as a good marketing tool..

Mind you, for that particular set it's not too hard to 'spot' the gt5 pics, not sure how many 'racing kerbs' and other such racing periphery you get in London these days, and I doubt PD would have bothered to model some of the more interesting methods of transport!..

Still, any 'news' that may indicate the hype train is gethering momentum for the end of this year is more then welcome!

I'm gonna win that comp! And yeah, it ain't too hard - weather's worse in the real pics ;) The GT5 ones are actually more pleasing to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back