The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a mixture of them wanting to be crazy accurate like always thus wanting to wreck cars and not having the resources and time to crash that many cars or rare ones and also licensing issues with manufactures that don't want you to show that their car performs worse in an impact then a competitors.

Nascar?... what the hell. I wasnt even that big a fan of the Rally physics in GT4 let alone bringing in nascar. Why cant they just concentrate on circuit racing and do an awesome damage model.

This talk/excuse of racing car damage only is absolutely lame. Forza has be doing street car damage since 1 and now that Forza 3 is getting around 400 cars, the "too much cars to damage/too many manufactures to give consent" excuse is wearing thin. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know less than 1% of people will agree with me, I just needed a place to vent after watching the E3 trailer. :p

btw, yes we know Forza damage model is nothing compared to games like GTR2 but at least its better than GT series and forces careful racing like real-life and no cheapshots.

Nascar?... what the hell. I wasnt even that big a fan of the Rally physics in GT4 let alone bringing in nascar. Why cant they just concentrate on circuit racing and do an awesome damage model.

This talk/excuse of racing car damage only is absolutely lame. Forza has be doing street car damage since 1 and now that Forza 3 is getting around 400 cars, the "too much cars to damage/too many manufactures to give consent" excuse is wearing thin. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know less than 1% of people will agree with me, I just needed a place to vent after watching the E3 trailer. :p

btw, yes we know Forza damage model is nothing compared to games like GTR2 but at least its better than GT series and forces careful racing like real-life and no cheapshots.
Gran Turismo is an iconic game and is recognized as such by the car industry. Forza etc are small fry in terms of sales compared to Gran Turismo. If you think the industry would let GT smash up production cars in a realistic manner then you're very naive. And i'd be very surprised if PD were interested in cosmetic damage such as bumpers falling off.

Gran Turismo is an iconic game and is recognized as such by the car industry. Forza etc are small fry in terms of sales compared to Gran Turismo. If you think the industry would let GT smash up production cars in a realistic manner then you're very naive. And i'd be very surprised if PD were interested in cosmetic damage such as bumpers falling off.

Damnit, forgot about that whole industry recognition angel. You win.

So its a victim of its own success. (for us damage/sim junkies anyways)

Footage is from replay mode. I'm not sure what, if any, CG there is.
The lighting and modelling look comparable to what you get with GT5P's replay mode.
They seemed to have fixed the bug where the AA and HDR caused jaggies, it's a lot more clean looking now. Also, was there any motion blur in GT5P? I just noticed DOF, but the motion blur in the new GT5 video looks very good to me.

Only in replay.

But on second thought, the motion blur in this latest GT vid looks suspicious.
I'm aware the trailer uses lots of in-game assets (cars, character modelling), but the motion blur looks too good to be realtime. Same with the shadow resolution.

I'm quite fond to say that I recognised the city shown in the trailer to be indeed Bern in Switzerland.

2448818712_91f2f239fb.jpg

(not a screenshot of the game)

I have no idea why they would model it into the game, but the level of accuracy is very impressive.

In my opinion, including Nascar was a bad idea. Just guessing based on the people I know who like GT (personally don't know any Nascar fans), I don't think it was a smart investment. People who like the style of GT driving don't seem to me like they will be fans of constantly turning left.

Now WRC on the other hand, I appreciate. :)

The oval course in GT Prolouge has been quite popular online..

..Perhaps becouse you could run an Elise at full throttle through the corners or that you could successfully wallride your Fort GT Concept on the beginner difficulty. ;)

In my opinion, including Nascar was a bad idea. Just guessing based on the people I know who like GT (personally don't know any Nascar fans), I don't think it was a smart investment. People who like the style of GT driving don't seem to me like they will be fans of constantly turning left.

Why? It doesnt take anything from the original experience. It only adds something extra

I'm going to say as an attempt to expand the frachise to more people. Nascar has a rather LARGE and VERY fanatical following. I think only F1 surpasses Nascar in how many people are viewing it. And F1 has a worldwide audience while Nascar is mostly limited to the US.

Personally I'm not fond of Nascar either, but the audience for it is absolutely huge.

Regards,
SB

Are they still making it? I know it used to generally be a best seller with multiple sequels. Racing games in general on the PC have somewhat gone down in popularity however.

Regards,
SB

Not anymore apparently.

Doubt they would want to go up against GT with their very shoddy Nascar game. Makes more sense to drop the franchise than get absolutely slaughtered in any comparison.

Why? It doesnt take anything from the original experience. It only adds something extra

I don't believe anything comes 'for free'. Resources are always limited so whoever's working on the Nascar implementation isn't working on 'core' GT material.

They obviously had to spend some money to get the nascar licence. Money spend on nascar licence is money they could have invested in other features of the game. Nothing is free.

Personally, i dont get people who like NASCAR,oval courses are terribly boring imo, but i reckon this is because 99% of all people who buy GT\Forza type games dont have a clue about how to drive, and the oval ring is the only track where they have a chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back