The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then when the rest of the game came out they got other things . Btw don't use photo realstic cars when they are clearly not because it will under mind the first game to actually reach that level.

While the cars may not be photorealistic, its certainly the most photorealistic game i have ever seen, except for maybe crysis at times

Game related question here for those that have completed the events.

In the Class B races, there is a 1 lap overtake challenge on the High Speed Ring which must be done with the Integra. I have not been able to place first.

What I do is hit the straight stretch, pass one or two cars, head into the oval, then overtake the first few cars on the outside, while heading down the straight stretch to the next corner. I take the corner from the outside, and use the cobblestone to decelerate so that I can still maintain a speed above 95 m/ph. As I come to the suspended bridge and past the first speed marker, I am usually 4.5 seconds behind first place and in either seventh or 8th position. By the time I get under the underpass and out from beneath it, I am maybe 5th or 6th place.

I can overtake the vehicles in 4th, third, and even second place, but I cannot place first.
I am using a Dualshock controller, with Automatic transmission, is it possible to get first place without a steering wheel??!!!
Or hell, even without using Manual Transmission?!!

those kind of events are all about drafting/slipstreaming the other cars. i just kept going until i beat it, but there are methods that others have found helpful (starting at a certain time etc.).

In the Class B races, there is a 1 lap overtake challenge on the High Speed Ring which must be done with the Integra. I have not been able to place first.

What I do is hit the straight stretch, pass one or two cars, head into the oval, then overtake the first few cars on the outside, while heading down the straight stretch to the next corner. I take the corner from the outside, and use the cobblestone to decelerate so that I can still maintain a speed above 95 m/ph. As I come to the suspended bridge and past the first speed marker, I am usually 4.5 seconds behind first place and in either seventh or 8th position. By the time I get under the underpass and out from beneath it, I am maybe 5th or 6th place.

I can overtake the vehicles in 4th, third, and even second place, but I cannot place first.
I am using a Dualshock controller, with Automatic transmission, is it possible to get first place without a steering wheel??!!!

On those missions you need be a tad lucky with car positionioning and drafting. If cars line up well, you can draft all your way to gold, if not, no chance of getting gold. Doesn't matter if you use a dualshock controller, or automatic, can still easily be done, just need to be lucky with car positions.

Easy, cheat.

Do not slow down for any corners until you are over the bridge. If you stick close to the right hand edge on the left handers you should make it round each corner without losing too much speed.

It took me like 10 tries to get 1st. You just have to draft behind the cars the whole way keeping the car floored or off the accelerator (when the driving line is telling you to slow down). Overtake the cars fast when you get close behind them then position yourself behind the next car no matter how far away it is. the drafting isnt very accurate in that a car can be 10 length's ahead of you and you can still draft it. the drafting helps your acceleration a ton & it's the only way i've found to beat it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/30/a-grand-update-for-gran-turismo-5-prologue/

Major enhancement is GT TV. Hopefully they continue to evolve the model until it pays off.
Other gameplay goodies are:

fixes in penalty judgments, improved physics during collisions between cars during online races, more tire choices for Time Trial, etc.

EDIT: May be they should have RSS for PS3 just like PSP. It's useful to push subscribed content down, or to alert people of new content.

EDIT 2: Official release notes from PD: http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d2359.html

A free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed beginning in the afternoon of Friday, August 1st.

The main contents of this update are as follows:

Improvement in Download Speed
- Improvements in download speeds for online updates and content

Gran Turismo TV
- Start of PPV (Pay Per View) service
- It is now possible to fast forward, rewind, or move between chapters when viewing video content.
- It is possible now to have up to 8 simultaneous background downloads running at the same time.
- Individual downloads can now be paused or resumed.

Distribution of Expansion Data
- Instant distribution feature of My Page backgrounds added

Race
- Improvements in penalty judgments
- Improved physics during collisions between cars in Online races.

Time Trial
- The tire selection in Arcade time trials changed from “S2” fixed, to “N1-S2”

Ranking
- It is now possible to display top lap times in all courses in a list.
- Improvements in the user interface

Common Vehicle Physics
- Improved controllability when using S1-S3, and R1-R3 tires.
- Changed calculation rules for performance points.

Option
- Added [Standard Definition (SD) Display Size] in [Display Settings]
- Moved the [Temperature] unit setting from [Network] to [Units]
- Added Expansion Data settings and Advanced Download Option settings in [Network]

Sound
- 6 BGM tracks added

Online race network specifications changed
- Added port 5658 to the ports used in Online races.
* Refer to the following when trouble occurs or when necessary.
 List of port numbers
 Port forwarding setting procedures

Other
- Players matched in Online races now added to the [Friends] → [Players Met] menu within Playstation 3.
- The time and score from replays of time trials, drift trials, and distributed demo replays are now displayed after their replay. For distributed demo’s, the Online ID is also displayed here.
- Manual updated

Important Note:
- Please make sure to read the contents of the “Please read before the Update” news entry before proceeding with the update.

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

And just in case you missed it from Patsu's link to PlayStation.Blog.

For the first two weeks only, we are providing all pay-per-view content for at a discounted price of $.99! It’s a good way to get a taste Gran Turismo TV. The HD content we shoot for our exclusive stuff looks pretty amazing. Following the initial two-week period, content will start at $1.99. So start downloading away!

So update tomorrow and start downloading...

I see a lot of my friendslist back on this game today. I've just started the update, will let you know if there's trouble.

EDIT: no, smooth sailing. Also got a new location right away, with some new light and smoke effects (nothing really special).

Last edited by a moderator:
My updating isn't going so well... but I read from gtplanet that sounds have been greatly improved and now the turbos sound real. Can't wait to try and hear the real thing. Nothing like letting some pressure out of over blow valves.

I've read the threads at GTP, though no one seems to have impressions on the supercharged cars ingame.

Help anyone? :cry:

Could you be more specific? the cars sound mildly better and tires have been tweaked so that they have more grip. That's based on 3 cars I tried. Also the sound of engines is more irregular, metallic even. It's better definately now.

More specifically on the SC pulley(the one that makes a high pitched noise during acceleration)

I am having a hard time hearing it when driving the SL55 AMG, and I've never had a Ford GT so I dont know if its more audible in that vehicle.

More specifically on the SC pulley(the one that makes a high pitched noise during acceleration)

I am having a hard time hearing it when driving the SL55 AMG, and I've never had a Ford GT so I dont know if its more audible in that vehicle.

Il test a few supercharged cars in the game and give you my thoughts later.

Had a supercharged merc until recently myself, gotta love the noice on some of these engines. Mine sounded like a WW2 fighter.

I liked how 599 ferrari sounded after patch... very similar as earlier but those metallic irregular tones on lower rpm's.... very cool

Movies are purchased for 14 days only. So its more like a rental. There is a digital progress indicator in the top right corner in your garage(?).

I am curious on their quality... but download isn´t blazing fast.. :)

Thats because the required firmware update that includes some sort of P2P protocol is not out yet.

It's all in the GT5P news if you read it.

Thats because the required firmware update that includes some sort of P2P protocol is not out yet.

It's all in the GT5P news if you read it.

Well that doesn´t change the fact that it was slow, i could read the news over and over again and it wouldn´t make it faster :)

Personally i have nothing against Blizzard and now GT5 relying on others to provide a service. But i think they should be able to do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back