The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if you will be able to play with people on other continents.

PAL versions should be using what 720p and 1080p/i but at lower refresh rates?

Can those games be sync'd up with NTSC versions?

PAL HD can run at 60 hz. No reason not to. 50 hz is supported in the HD spec for TV broadcasts but the EU HD standards aren't capped to that.

Looks like there is an update for EU GT5P - downloading now but it's failed a couple of times, probably wont get it before I head to work.

Interesting transcript of chat with the makers of gran turismo. Touches issues like saving progress from gt5p to the final game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is an update for EU GT5P - downloading now but it's failed a couple of times, probably wont get it before I head to work.

i think its the US GT5 spec. Japan got an EU spec update when GT5P launched in EU, and i t hink GT5P launches today in the states.

Shame i dont have an internet connection at home right now.

Interesting transcript of chat with the makes or gran turismo. Touches issues like saving progress from gt5p to the final game.

Some cool stuff in that chat:

J-Rad14: What big things did you guys do to take advantage of the PlayStation3's Cell Processor?
skebe: For example, a headlight on a car uses up all the polygons we used for an entire car for our PS2 games... and we even added 10 extra cars on the racetrack!

There's an update for GT5 Prologue out today, to bring the other regions up to speed with the U.S. release, probably. Full list of changes (including some in-car view fixes and the F1 now gets a working LCD on its wheel) here:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2985985&postcount=5

No friends list yet though - just some additional info on your opponents for now (like flag to see where they are from etc.), some bugfixes and some performance points balancing.

nws12082405990674859.jpg

Looks impressively realistic

Is the Tuned Elise not as good as it was before the update?

I was unable to complete the last race (S10) with it today. If it is less superior I think it is a welcome change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to download GT5P today, but I am reaching my limits of internal storage. So I was going to wait some. Instead, check my mailbox and Best Buy sent me a $50 gift card for purchasing the 360 HD-DVD player 12 months ago yesterday.

So the failure of HD-DVD helped lead to me getting GT5P today on disc! Nice!

One quick question, can you make circuit on HUD non static? I want it displayed in a way that rotates because I hate it being static, and I do really need them so I can drive better.

One quick question, can you make circuit on HUD non static? I want it displayed in a way that rotates because I hate it being static, and I do really need them so I can drive better.

I'm quite sure that there isn't a way and to drive better you should really try to learn all the corners insted.

I was going to download GT5P today, but I am reaching my limits of internal storage. So I was going to wait some. Instead, check my mailbox and Best Buy sent me a $50 gift card for purchasing the 360 HD-DVD player 12 months ago yesterday.

So the failure of HD-DVD helped lead to me getting GT5P today on disc! Nice!
Bastard! I need one of those cards! Although i think I bought my HD-DVD player longer then 12 months ago. Did you have to fill out anything of maybe show a receipt?

Edit: I just got GT5P today & had a hell of a time trying to update it this morning. In fact by the time it finally updated (5 tries & some router changes) it was time to go to work. I really doubt the issue was my router as its not had an issue with the PS3 before, but its updated now & I still haven't got a chance to play it.

I'm quite sure that there isn't a way and to drive better you should really try to learn all the corners insted.

I can for circuits like Suzuka or Fuji, but remembering all Nürburgring corners would be a disaster!

Never mind, I will simply leave them and instead will give it a go instead. But I need a PS3 first. :devilish:

Bastard! I need one of those cards! Although i think I bought my HD-DVD player longer then 12 months ago. Did you have to fill out anything of maybe show a receipt?

Edit: I just got GT5P today & had a hell of a time trying to update it this morning. In fact by the time it finally updated (5 tries & some router changes) it was time to go to work. I really doubt the issue was my router as its not had an issue with the PS3 before, but its updated now & I still haven't got a chance to play it.

I make all purchases via best buy making sure they scan my Reward Zone card. I got an email on 3/24 stating that 'Our records show you purchased an HD-DVD player...'

I purchased it in 01/07. The email said they would ship me a gift card by 5/1. They didn't say the denomination. It arrived yesterday and was $50. I did absolutely nothing to procure said card. Nice gesture, and it got me GT5P and the Muse CD/DVD.

Back on topic, I opted to go ahead and get the BR version, as I had the free money. I still would of picked it up anyhow, that way when I need to delete the game data, I won't have to re-download it again when I want to re-install.

Back on topic, I opted to go ahead and get the BR version, as I had the free money. I still would of picked it up anyhow, that way when I need to delete the game data, I won't have to re-download it again when I want to re-install.

I am curious, does anyone know the difference in loading time if you compare the BR vs the HD/Downloadable version?

As a sidenote to the "download again". I recently purchased a 250GB sata disk and installed it on the PS3. The backup procedure to an external USB drive went absolutely flawless, when i installed the HD i had a PS3 with default settings etc. I restored the backup and everything was back to normal including the games i have purchased.

I am curious, does anyone know the difference in loading time if you compare the BR vs the HD/Downloadable version?

As a sidenote to the "download again". I recently purchased a 250GB sata disk and installed it on the PS3. The backup procedure to an external USB drive went absolutely flawless, when i installed the HD i had a PS3 with default settings etc. I restored the backup and everything was back to normal including the games i have purchased.
Out of curiosity is that a 7200 rpm drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back