The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
auw0nk.jpg

i wish she could be one of the driver in the game.

@Arwin:

I want to be clear on terms here because of words like "powerslide" I personally attach no meaning to the word powerslide so I have to get on the same page.

What I call "drifting" is simply driving tires on the backside of their grip threshold. It's not kung fu. It basic driving skill.

If I'm getting you correctly, you (and others) percieve "a drift" as a dicreet move or technique. If done for it's own sake, you can look at "a drift" as it's own event.

Where I'm coming from is that drift is a region of performance that is always there, whether you are making team runs at D1 or briskly driving home from the grocery store, not even breaking traction.

In a Miata in any GT game I would produce your classic rear wheel drift in a number of ways. And it would be pretty much the same in each game, because it really comes down to tire vertical vs lateral load. And of course, all sim racers deal with that first.

Just do a Wiki on drifting ... My definition is that the front wheels have grip, and the rear wheels do not, the back of the car leans out, but the forward motion of the rear wheels still contribute to keeping the car in the turn (as happens a lot in rally even with all four wheels).

Anyway, did anyone notice some pretty big differences for this game when running 1080i vs 720p? I recently put my PS3 on 1080i (most of the time 720p looks a bit better, but differences are subtle and sometimes just in color banding, partly because the tv upscales to 768p anyway), and I noticed some obvious differences in terms of the blur-effects running much better, better framerates here and there, and so on. Game seems to be more optimised for 1080p than 720p at the moment - maybe I should check on my LCD (which accepts a 1080p signal)

It would make sense

1080p is 1280*1080 2xMSAA
720p is 1280*720 4xMSAA

Seems that 1080p would have a bit less memory used in the framebuffer?

Sweet! Also nice to see the 2005 winner already in the game, I saw some great screenshots of that one out there (better than in this article, better angle), though I can't remember where it was.

They've been doing this for a while now ... I think this was the third time? Or was it fourth already? Two of them were old Buicks I think.

Talk about nitpicking with a microscope. Its not impossible to find small edges in models even if they are high polygon.

Talk about nitpicking with a microscope. Its not impossible to find small edges in models even if they are high polygon.

No microscope needed, my eyes looked on it right away since it stood out like a sore thumb! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back