The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reflections arent correct + have the sampling issues u see from cubemaps eg if the reflections above were raytraced u wouldnt have the staircase effect from sampling geometry

dont get me wrong the above images are amazing

but IMO the GT image looks better than the real ray tracing one that you've posted because the GT one has the right amount of reflections that make it look realistic while the one that you posted have too much reflections on the car that it makes it look unrealistic. So the key here is getting the right balance and PD has nailed that to perfection.

but IMO the GT image looks better than the real ray tracing one that you've posted because the GT one has the right amount of reflections that make it look realistic while the one that you posted have too much reflections on the car that it makes it look unrealistic. So the key here is getting the right balance and PD has nailed that to perfection.
true the raytraced one looks way to clean/perfect, but im 99.99% sure why u think that GT looks better is due to

the GT stuff was created with a combo engine + a lot of artist input/texturing/modelling + with a great lightmodel

the RT one is just the guys who made the raytracer plonking a car (which they didnt make) amongst a few buildings (which they also didnt make) with a simplistic lighting model (ie the whole thing is just a proof of concept), now if u took the amount of effort spent on the assest's GT + used the same lightmodel but used the RT rendering version im sure yould change your opinion

In-car HD video!
If the opponents are computer controlled, it seems the A.I. is upped a notch compared to earlier games:)

http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=70&pos=3

Ah man, it just looks awesome!

Couple of notes:

- guy is driving automatic transmission, and consequently the game doesn't show the shifting animation. nice detail. :)
- the in car view doesn't yet have the bobbing and weaving of the drivers head (i.e. camera) in-car, as I think PGR3 did have (which looked great). Obviously though, there are going to be car and track combinations which barely have this, but it'd be a nice detail to have some of it.
- no dust lit up by sun effect that PGR3 had yet either. Don't think these things will make it into Prologue though, if they make it in GT5 at all
- in car shadow is still very rough, and the rearview mirrors don't work yet for cars (but we knew that)

All in all though, this is absolutely fantastic (for a GT fanboy like me) and I can't wait to get the game in my hands ... I mean, on my harddrive! and get some online multiplayer action. :cool:

The exterior shots (both vids & stills) must all be doing post-processing as they look significantly "cleaner" than the in-car shots of actual gameplay. That being said, even the in-car shots look amazing. I just hope they can squeeze in some AA and perhaps get some more varied scenery in there to liven things up a bit. I know the cars are the main attraction, but pretty scenery couldn't hurt either...

Someone else please confirm they read Prolouge will include damage effects in the first paragraph, my eyes might be playing tricks on me :LOL:

Also, looks like aftermarket mods are going to make a visual difference which as cool as.

spoilers were OK in GT4, but bonnets etc.etc seem to be in the offing this time round.

Hopefully fully racing modifications make a glorious come back.

Someone else please confirm they read Prolouge will include damage effects in the first paragraph, my eyes might be playing tricks on me :LOL:

Also, looks like aftermarket mods are going to make a visual difference which as cool as.

spoilers were OK in GT4, but bonnets etc.etc seem to be in the offing this time round.

Hopefully fully racing modifications make a glorious come back.

In video the intervew he says damage won't be in Prologue on release. But they might add it later with a patch among other stuff.

"Gran Turismo Prologue to Feature Car Damage, Improved AI, Better Physics". That is what I wanted to hear. 16 cars, along with online play, and they are addressing all the significant issues GT4 avoided.

In PD we trust.

http://www.jeuxfrance.org/PlayStation_3/Gran_Turismo_5_Prologue_2.flv

In the 32 min GT presentation, they say that GT 5:p will not have damage, tuning and weather condition. They will try to add this feature via update of GT 5:p and it will be in GT 5.

But GT 5:p will have better AI. The best demonstration is on the video with Kazunori who drives well on Suzuka and the car of opponent AI looks very difficult to pass, particulary the skyline.:devilish:

They just said that they had to improve the AI because it has to deal with 16 cars now. ;)

Honestly though I haven't seen really that many improvements yet, but we'll see - it's hard to tell in a race with that many different kinds of cars. In the meantime, he says that if your bandwidth and latency is sufficient, you can do 16 player online, which is absolutely fantastic (and makes the whole AI thing a moot point for me).

He confirms what I have said about GT:HD already, that the grip is one of the examples that show the differences in physics model, partly a result because they've completely rewritten it. They had a D1 driver test the physics and were happy to see that his movements on the wheel were an exact match to his movements in the real car. Also important to note is that they'll have two modes: standard and professional, to cater for a differentiating crowd (i.e. those who wrote to PD saying that GT4 was too hard for them, and those who wrote that GT4 wasn't hardcore enough, that they wanted more 'real' driving). That's great news also. :)

180 days per car confirmed (=180xGT2), and so a few less cars for GT5 confirmed also.

And yes, damage is coming later, but it was interesting to hear that they have modelled the cars completely modular, so that they can also (later) implement working with different bodyparts and such. I presume this will also help with car-damage type stuff. But we'll see.

The weather indicator on the mypage is confirmed to definitely not be about the racing, as it's just saying what the weather is like in your part of the world (the location you set in your profile). You can also put stuff in your profile such as your favorite car brand, color and so on. Also, they aim to eventually have seamless integration with Home, but they're clearly not certain yet if (as in seamless), how and when they'll get it done. In the meantime, in online matches there will be a penalty system involving time penalties and speed limiters.

Apparently also this is going to be a BluRay disc release in Japan and Europe this year, but a US release isn't yet confirmed (compare this with GT4 Prologue's release). If you live in the US and want this, you should make some noise.

And no driving tests in Prologue confirmed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back