The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see DOF noise/error at the edges of the car in the replay mode, other than that it looks fairly good.

In the very first debut of a playable GTHD demo at the TGS last year a car was detached from the background, but now the lighting is very natural and consistent. Is it due to a kind of approximation of global illumination / indirect lighting?

We've still yet to see several cars at once though.

You really think that they're not developing for multiple cars? Every screenshot someone comments on this as if Polyphony have completely negated to include it in their engine calculations/budgeting.

We've still yet to see several cars at once though.

True, but whereas you could doubt whether the Eiger track would be one they develop for rally style racing with never more than 2 cars on the track (which is what they did with some georgeous looking tracks on GT4, like the Citta d'Aria track), Le Mans is without a doubt intended for multiple cars. So I think the track is going to end up looking like this (or better).

The real question is how many cars will we get? I'm hoping at least 12, but with many of the competing games only doing 8 max, they could afford to match that number instead.

I'm still hoping for at least 12 though, and more on some other tracks.

You really think that they're not developing for multiple cars? Every screenshot someone comments on this as if Polyphony have completely negated to include it in their engine calculations/budgeting.

I have no doubt they intend on having multiple cars per track, but until we see the corresponding content, I'd say it's a legitimate concern--Not whether or not Polyphony has taken it into account, but to what extent and how they will handle it.

for all you know they could have several different car models of each car, to use depending on how many cars in total there is on a track. Im not saying this is the case, im just trying to point out that the conserns raised by the single car thing, are absolutely legit conserns

for all you know they could have several different car models of each car, to use depending on how many cars in total there is on a track. Im not saying this is the case, im just trying to point out that the conserns raised by the single car thing, are absolutely legit conserns

Yeah that could happen. I remember Rallisport Challenge 2 for xbox and how effects/draw-dist for objects and lod was decreased when running a race with more than one car.

Nice graphics, display setup and so on. The overpowered brakes are there, as usual in this game. He goes from 100 mph to almost 0 in no time. Blah, the same crap again.

It's a good game, with decent physics if you play within the limits, but this game is a BIG joke as a sim.

I expect some serious improvements in GT5 because I love sim racers and this game is not.

Sorry for the ranting but it seems to me that folks are flailing around without take some criticism on the mediocre characteristics this game features (and overpromises with its motto).

exaggerate much? i saw no such drop in speed that quickly and nothing that looked unusual. and playing the entire GT series, i can't say i agree that the series is known for this.

Nice graphics, display setup and so on. The overpowered brakes are there, as usual in this game. He goes from 100 mph to almost 0 in no time. Blah, the same crap again.

It's a good game, with decent physics if you play within the limits, but this game is a BIG joke as a sim.

I expect some serious improvements in GT5 because I love sim racers and this game is not.

Sorry for the ranting but it seems to me that folks are flailing around without take some criticism on the mediocre characteristics this game features (and overpromises with its motto).

But has anybody claimed this game to be a true sim, otherwise the gameplay looks non sim in some aspect (or should I say many aspects).

Is it about GT4 or GTHD? If it's about GT4 it's borderline offtopic I'd say. Please clarify it next time.

But has anybody claimed this game to be a true sim, otherwise the gameplay looks non sim in some aspect (or should I say many aspects).

Oh yeah, there are plenty of people in these very forums who claim that GT is far more realistic than certain other simulators.

Ahh, there it was but didn't it say the same on GT1 cover to?

Neverthless it should be interesting how GT5 stacks up against FZ2 both in simulation and graphics. :smile:
I don't want to name FM2 nor any other quality (console or PC) sim. Btw, comparisons are forbidden here.

Brakes are too good in GT4, there's nothing new about this "feature" of the game.

Come on, that Audi R8 does brake like an Audi R8 Infineon LMP1 would do.

I hope they fix this in GT5.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JN0wMiAT4gQ

one, it's obvious I saw that Audi R8's video. Polyphony has the skill to create great games but, from the time being, not even average simulators.

I don't want to name FM2 nor any other quality (console or PC) sim. Btw, comparisons are forbidden here.

Brakes are too good in GT4, there's nothing new about this "feature" of the game.

Come on, that Audi R8 does brake like an Audi R8 Infineon LMP1 would do.

I hope they fix this in GT5.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JN0wMiAT4gQ

one, it's obvious I saw that Audi R8's video. Polyphony has the skill to create great games but, from the time being, not even average simulators.

Not only brakes are wrong.

Cars also have way to much grip. ^^
By the braking do you mean the crash against the wall around 4:10? I have no idea how different Audi R8 and Audi R8 Infineon LMP1 are in the brakes or grip, is there any place I can look at to see the real stats for these cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the braking do you mean the crash against the wall around 4:10? I have no idea how different Audi R8 and Audi R8 Infineon LMP1 are in the brakes or grip, is there any place I can look at to see the real stats for these cars?

I didn't specifically refer to the R8 in the video, i was speaking generally.

Generally, GT games offer to much grip, even with the worst tires, the handling characteristics are often singificantly better than in real life. Anything above the "stock" tires in GT4 results in beyond supercar handling.

But since you two are talking about the video, i just downloaded it and took a look. Firstly, im just gonna say that unless you didn't know the R8 infeneon LMP1 is the Le Mans prototype race car.

At 2:11 in the video, the game clock is at 1:27:6XX, hes going 135mph, braking at 70ish percent, reduces him to 71mph after 2.4 seconds. 64mph down, not even fully braking!!

At 3:23 in the video, game clock is at 2:39:06X, hes going at 155mph, he starts braking fully, 2:41:2XX a mere 2 seconds later, hes going 82mph, he reduced his speed with 73mph in 2 seconds!!!!

73mph deacceleration in 2 seconds will rip some internal organ out of you ;)

This is a car with normal brake calipers, not the ceramic brakes used in supercars and racecars.

In comparison, Autobild did 0-60-0 tests a year or so ago. These tests included all kinds of cars. Here was the fastest braking cars in 60-0:

911 Turbo (ceramic brakes) 2,46
Carrera GT(ceramic brakes): 2,58
Gallardo (ceramic brakes) 2,39
SLR McLAren (ceramic brakes) 2,52
F430 F1 (ceramic brakes) 2,48
Merc CLK DTM AMG (ceramic brakes) 2,40

As far as the R8 Race car goes, it should brake faster than any of the cars mentioned above, as its lighter, has more grip and more downforce and same quality brakes

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back