The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go out and say it right now...I find the >1yr old PGR3 on XBOX 360 to be more impressive.
PGR3 has an edge on the background stuff..but the cars in these GTHD images are in my not so humble opinion vastly better (geometry and shading wise) to PGR3 cars ..that still look like plasic models.

PGR3 has an edge on the background stuff..but the cars in these GTHD images are in my not so humble opinion vastly better (geometry and shading wise) to PGR3 cars ..that still look like plasic models.

I guess that would be ok if that was all the game was about. Maybe they should have made a car showroom game....

Imo the cars during replay look very detailed et impressive, but the track and the sounds are terrible, only last gen put in HD.

That is why this is a GT HD demo and not GT5. There are things that Im sure Polyphony will improve upon for their real flagship title. For now its quite a delicious free gift.

I guess that would be ok if that was all the game was about. Maybe they should have made a car showroom game....
What are you complaining about? it's not a full game, it's just a free demo. I guess it's not possible to please everyone.

What are you complaining about? it's not a full game, it's just a free demo. I guess it's not possible to please everyone.

Not really a complaint as much as bringing a bit of reality to a "let's jerk off over Gran Turismo HD concept" thread.

Like I said previously, it is a nice little diversion and time killer to mess around with between other real games. Nothing wrong in that at all... I'm glad they offered it for free, and it is something I will probably even play it some more.

It's those that try to make it into something that it isn't that bothers me.

not getting the same lighting WOW feeling from the 1st in game vid (he shows almost no car view for perspective on shadowing and reflections) yet as compared to the replay pics

now trying the Ferrari one

Of course it's far from the final product, but with one year developpement I would have hoped better than just really good cars with not so good track and sounds, only one car on screen, and no damage.

Of course it's far from the final product, but with one year developpement I would have hoped better than just really good cars with not so good track and sounds, only one car on screen, and no damage.

Oh my God call the fire house. Its a demo for Christmas. kazunori has said he wants to implement damage but its tricky with so many car manufacturers. What 1 year development? This was put together for E3 [yes the track is new but in game graphics have improved since then] and is no way the representation of the final product. The one car among the list is to show the difference in drving on this track as you unlock each car and test them. As you can see from the Evo and Ferrari vids I posted. Its Free for Gods sakes. Why are you having a heart attack over this? Then you try to drag the thread down with your PG nonsense.

I can't even begin to imagine how good GT5 will look. Hell, it is possible that GT5 might looks better than real life!:D

I always loved the mindest that one needs to come into a thread because people are "jerking off" to pictures by praising the said pics :LOL: Amazing. I guess some people feel obligated to bring people down.

IMO even this track puts easily shame any similar track on PGR3. And this is just one track.

927245_20051116_screen027.jpg

Oh my God call the fire house. Its a demo for Christmas. kazunori has said he wants to implement damage but its tricky with so many car manufacturers. What 1 year development? This was put together for E3 [yes the track is new but in game graphics have improved since then] and is no way the representation of the final product. The one car among the list is to show the difference in drving on this track as you unlock each car and test them. As you can see from the Evo and Ferrari vids I posted. Its Free for Gods sakes. Why are you having a heart attack over this? Then you try to drag the thread down with your PG nonsense.

But didn't you just say this earlier:

Your kidding right? I already posted in game driving vid and now another. I dont know what game your comparing this too with your review because this demo so far eats all.

So which one is it going to be? Just a free demo, and because of this..it's ok if it's nothing special....OR...it is the best thing since sliced bread and is better than anything we've seen so far?

Well, which one is it going to be?

I can't even begin to imagine how good GT5 will look. Hell, it is possible that GT5 might looks better than real life!:D

I'm hoping this is sarcasm....

But yes, I am hoping GT5 turns out great too. :smile:

Hey whatever float your boat Clockwork. Im into enjoying my games but 1024x600/30fps compared to 1920x1080/60fps output is quite a cup of tea. Anyway Im done with the back and forth since it will lead to thread derailment. :)

Anyway Im done with the back and forth since it will lead to thread derailment. :)

Yeah, me too. I guess I just tend to have a strong opinion of things and it doesn't always come out the best way.

Sorry about that.

I would like to see some more impressions from people that have actually PLAYED the demo though....

:oops: ;) :cool:

I'm hoping this is sarcasm....

Nope, I'm serious, PD is an EXTREMELLY talented developer. I have no doubt that GT5 will crush every single racers this generation, visually, and technically. Ok, I was joking a little bit when I said that GT5 might looks better than real life. But with the power of the PS3 and the talent of PD, it's possible:D

Hell just look at GT4 (a racer on the WEAKEST console last gen!), GT4 basically blow every single console racers out of the water visually, last gen. Truly show what PD is capable of:cool:

Nope, I'm serious, PD is an EXTREMELLY talented developer. I have no doubt that GT5 will crush every single racers this generation, visually, and technically. Ok, I was joking a little bit when I said that GT5 might looks better than real life. But with the power of the PS3 and the talent of PD, it's possible:D

Hell just look at GT4 (a racer on the WEAKEST console last gen!), GT4 basically blow every single console racers out of the water visually, last gen. Truly show what PD is capable of:cool:

Its funny you said that. Check out these comparisons GTHD/Real Cars

Reactions: one
IMO even this track puts easily shame any similar track on PGR3. And this is just one track.

927245_20051116_screen027.jpg

You have to be saying that on impulse..because I honestly,can't see at all how that looks better than any track/background on PGR. Maybe you haven't been to the locales that PGR eerily reproduces..?

As far as this "not even being true GT5"..it's definitely not in the sense that its not a full game, but make no mistake, that IS the GT5 engine.
The demo is the "GTHD Premium (new engine)" that was to be bundled with the initial GTHD that was canceled (which was literally GT4 for the ps2 in HD).

Not raining on the parade here, I'm excited for Turismo as much as any fan, particularly to see what they do to revamp the series.
I guess people here are really THAT excited by a new replay video..maybe I'm crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back