Where the hell did the graphics and animation for MGS4 go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how it looked at TGS:

untitled86se.jpg

untitled17eb.jpg

untitled70lu.jpg

untitled109yx.jpg

Kidding right? I think its been pretty well established at this point that many of those "OMGZ" trailers were all CGI.

Kidding right? I think its been pretty well established at this point that many of those "OMGZ" trailers were all CGI.

I don't think it was CG, but there are a ton of people who are fooling themselves into not seeing a difference here, huge drop off imo.

I don't think it was CG, but there are a ton of people who are fooling themselves into not seeing a difference here, huge drop off imo.

Whatever it was, it was a false representation of where they are at, and by the looks of it where they are going.

Though I think that's a fault more for the industry than MSG.

Early footage , very early obviously, kojima wasn't even going to show game play footage until E3 next year but that got cancelled .

Sony did not lie!
Sony did not lie!
Sony did not lie!
Sony did not lie!
Sony did not lie!

NOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYY

You were watching all movies in E3 2005....there wasnt even a real PS3 around when those movies were made, not even close, dont be gullible?

It's easy. The first is a pure graphcial showcase and not much more, the second is an actual game that people can control.

Kojima made it pretty clear that graphics aren't really his concern right now, and that many of the textures are just placeholders.

Considering the rate of improvement Motorstorm has endured of late, and where it's at now, I'm not exactly concerned about where MGS4 will end up. They don't come much more talented than Kojima Productions.

Interesting, why'd you make such beauty, then turn around and make crap, its funny.

because kojima promised to show some game play and since E3 got cancelled koji and co decided to show some game play footage at TGS it's simple as that .

because kojima promised to show some game play and since E3 got cancelled koji and co decided to show some game play footage at TGS it's simple as that .

Well if the previous demo was usable in real time then why couldn't they use that with some gameplay mechanics?

Interesting, why'd you make such beauty, then turn around and make crap, its funny.

Well if the game was already completely optimised and polished to perfection then I imagine a lot of people would be wondering why it isn't available already :rolleyes:

Comments like your own are exactly why games like Killzone, Halo 3, GRAW 2 etc use CGI trailers as previews instead of actual work in progress.

The first trailer was more like a real time tech demo showcasing a next gen Snake model.
The TGS trailer is showing a real game more than a year before completion,maybe Kojima shouldn't have showed the game in such an early state (exactly like MS did with Halo3) but MGS team is very talented and next time we'll see the game it will look as good as expected.

Well if the game was already completely optimised and polished to perfection then I imagine a lot of people would be wondering why it isn't available already :rolleyes:

Comments like your own are exactly why games like Killzone, Halo 3, GRAW 2 etc use CGI trailers as previews instead of actual work in progress.

You're completely and utterly missing my point. I had lies, I had false, and I hate the use of CGI trailers and even worse is target renders . Personally I do not like being fed bullshit, and when I find out that's what I was given I get a bit pissed. If you are not to a certain point then please do not use fake representations of your product to try to cover it. Show us what you have up to that point, and if you have nothing then be straight up about it. Obviously there's a very large lack of honesty in the industry, and the consumer does not mind, so that's not going to change in the near future.

I'd be perfectly fine with what they've shown that's real, in fact I'm the type to heavily push on gameplay way past graphics (a quick look at some of my posts will show this). But I will blast something if you show me one thing but bring another.

Well if the previous demo was usable in real time then why couldn't they use that with some gameplay mechanics?

Don't know bugs maybe and which demo ? the one with physics engine implemented or latter pure showcase. The first one sufferd from slowdowns and kojima wasn't to happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back