Conker: Live & Reloaded Review

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Gamespot Review

The stand-out star of the Conker package is its graphics. Hands-down, this is one of the best-looking Xbox games ever made. This is most true in the single-player game, but the multiplayer looks phenomenal too. Take one up-close look at Conker's character model, either in-game or during a cutscene, and the level of detail on everything is just phenomenal. His fur looks touchable and smooth, he animates without a hint of jerkiness or unnatural movement, and everything surrounding him looks nearly as good. The environments are beautifully crafted, and the various enemies and side characters are almost always extremely detailed themselves. And even with all this detail, the frame rate is pretty much a constant, and it's only slightly choppy in the most intense areas. In the multiplayer modes, the level of detail isn't quite as high, but it still looks wonderful. Even with all the explosions and what not going off all over the place, it still runs smoothly and only rarely gets choppy. This game is simply a pleasure to look at in every single way, and it easily takes the title of the best-looking platformer around.

So anyone played it? Just wondering how good does it look. I am a bit surprised by the delay, they should have released it 1-2 years ago, now with all next gen hoopla it will not register even a blimp on gamers' radar.

Conker was released a year and a half ago, it did just get put on the backwards compatibility list though.

I've played it, it's basically the same game that was on the N64 with a graphics update. It does look great, the fur and some of the other shader effects look really advanced for the xbox. If you haven't played it for the N64 or just want to play through it again I would recommend it but I didn't like the multi-player much

I do think you are about a year and a half late, the game was released in the summer of 2005 :D

Oops, I was browsing Gamespot's XBox section and I saw this review..didn't realise it was an old review....:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Let's post some game impressions in this year old news thread

It's a cool game that gets way too much undeserved hate from gamers.

It might not be the greatest platformer of all time, but it's a nice adventure, with amusing situations, albeit you have not to be allergic to low brow UK jokes, and great graphics.

Anyway, I understand that it might be a love it or hate it type of game, but the game might go for real cheap there days, so you can't go wrong by giving the game a try.

I have it, I got stuck in the WWII scenario with all the tanks. :p Love the game and the humour though. Very bright and colourful and the depth of field makes the game look... good? lol If it were turned off, it would look plain. Really good use of special effects (like the rain or blood sticking to the screen like it were a camera).

The N64 version is one of my favs of all time, especially MP. If the Xbox version is even just a port with great graphics grab the game. Fun times will follow!

The most impressive "effect" actually is the use of PRT for the lighting of the main characters, that coupled with a well implemented bloom lighting effect, gives the whole game a really great look.
The poor man's first look into next-gen games, if you will.

The game looked great on Xbox, could very well compete with Xbox 360 games. Honestly, I hope Wii can achieve the same level of graphics someday. (early photos had about that level I believe)

However, it was a shame that the multiplayer mode was worse than the n64 version, and that the game, including audio quality, was virtually unchanged from its n64 rendition. It felt a bit dated playing it a few years after it's original release, even though conker was amazing for its time, games caught up in quality.

when running BC on the 360, does it render at 480p still, or higher? :)
Like every X360 BC games it should render in 480p + 4XAA and then scale it to whatever your ouput resolution is.

Back