Virtua Fighter 5 Interview - Possibly Headed To 360? *Confirmed!

Yeah, but third party exclusive is important too IMO.

This once again proved that the word "exclusive" doesn't mean anything anymore:rolleyes:

Oh I know. Just telling you what Sony is more than likely doing. Pumping millions into 3rd party games isn't in Sony's eye sight right now.

Why isn't the announcement in Japanese? That's usually how we hear about these things. Seems odd too me although unsurprising if true.

SEGA ANNOUNCES VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FOR XBOX 360

Premiere Fighting Game Franchise Makes First Appearance on Microsoft’s Next Generation Videogame Console

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (December 21, 2006) – SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced that the highly anticipated arcade fighting game, Virtua Fighter™ 5, will make its way onto the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system. Virtua Fighter™ 5 is scheduled for release on Xbox 360™ in North America and in Europe during late summer 2007. The game will also be available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system on February 20th, 2007 in North America and will be available in Europe simultaneously with the system’s launch in March 2007.

“Those people lucky enough to have already played Virtua Fighter™ 5 will know that it’s laid the foundations to become the clear benchmark for fighting games on all next generation consoles”, said Matt Woodley, Creative Director, SEGA Publishing Europe Ltd. “Bringing Virtua Fighter™ 5 to the Xbox 360™ offers us a platform with power to handle the astonishing visuals, the complex and varied fighting styles of all the customisable characters and will undoubtedly put Virtua Fighter™ 5 into the hands of a gaming audience craving for a highly polished and credible fighting game.”

Virtua Fighter™ 5 features beautifully detailed stages from around the world where players face off in fast-moving martial arts battles against one of 17 characters. Two lively new characters join the elite group of fighters, adding two new unique fighting styles for players to try and master. With more skill and strategy than ever before, players are also given the opportunity to learn and employ the new “Offensive Move” technique to take down their opponents from different angles, adding a new dimension to the game and something for both new and old fans to master. Virtua Fighter™ 5 also includes the ability to customise characters by selecting from four base costumes and a wide range of unlockable accessories and earnable items. As players win more tournaments they will not only earn costumes and accessories, but also prizes and in-game money that will allow them to buy items from the in-game shop.

“The Virtua Fighter™ series from SEGA has one of the most prestigious histories in video games,” said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “It’s a franchise that has grown an army of loyal fans both in arcades and on consoles worldwide, and is consistently rated extremely high by the media. Fighting game fans have been hungry for Virtua Fighter™ 5 and we can now proudly deliver this game with SEGA to Xbox 360 gamers around the world.”

Developed by the highly renowned Tokyo based development team, AM R&D Development No.2, Virtua Fighter™ 5 for the Xbox 360™ will be available across Europe and North America during late summer 2007.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=152824?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

I believe this news 100%. BUT it is weird that the first announcement wasn't in the native langauge of the devs. No Japanese announcement is just weird.

the announcement is in english and spanish, the bigger lanuages in the world
it make sense for me.

Virtua Fighter 5 bitch slaps 360 in the chops!
Thursday 21-Dec-2006 1:37 PM Sega confirms the latest version of its VF series will now launch on Xbox 360, as well as PS3

6 Comments
Tecmo's Dead or Alive series is about to get some serious competition for the king of fighters' throne on Xbox 360 in the form of Virtua Fighter 5, previously a PS3 only title.

Hopefully, the fact that VF is spreading out on multiple platforms will give the DOA series a much needed kick up the arse. But Sega's legendary beat 'em up franchise has taken a few knocks of its own over the last few years. Maybe it's just that the genre as a whole has gone as far as it can?

From what Sega is saying, the 360 version will be pretty much the same as the PS3 version. A release date has been penned in for summer '07 on both PS3 and 360

Advertisement:
"The Virtua Fighter series from Sega has one of the most prestigious histories in video games," said Jeff Bell, corporate VP of marketing for Microsoft. "It's a franchise that has grown an army of loyal fans both in arcades and on consoles worldwide, and is consistently rated extremely high by the media. Fighting game fans have been hungry for Virtua Fighter 5 and we can now proudly deliver this game with Sega to Xbox 360 gamers around the world."

I'm with mckmas8808, I have no doubt that VF5 will come to the 360 sometime in the future. But this is pretty odd:???:

Just realized there is no online. No buy for me :cry: . I don't care what they're reason is they should still implement it.

From what Sega is saying, the 360 version will be pretty much the same as the PS3 version. A release date has been penned in for summer '07 on both PS3 and 360.

I don't think that's right (as it's just from the article writer and not PR). The PR announcement only says the 360 version is summer '07 and confirms a date for the PS3 version (feb 20th/march).

It seems it's still exclusive to PS3 in JP (which isn't necessarily surprising). Definitely didn't expect this, but not completely surprising, I suppose. Just seems like even confirmed "exclusive" games for 3rd parties are turning out to be multiplatform -- wouldn't completely surprise me at this point (although disappoint me, as exclusives always push the system harder -- in VF5s case, it isn't a big deal, as both systems should be capable of perfect ports) almost all the announced third party exclusives were all multiplatform (with, at best, different release dates). Seems first/second party and Sony/MS published titles are about the only actual exclusives at this point (with few exceptions).

I don't think that's right (as it's just from the article writer and not PR). The PR announcement only says the 360 version is summer '07 and confirms a date for the PS3 version (feb 20th/march).

at this point I hope that SEGA will uses the few available months to include a Live support in the 360 version and a cleaner graphic
it' very simple for a developer to do this (online live developing), a VF game on live can be awesomly fun
let's hope, go SEGA, go.

at this point I hope that SEGA will uses the few available months to include a Live support in the 360 version and a cleaner graphic
it' very simple for a developer to do this (online live developing), a VF game on live can be awesomly fun
let's hope, go SEGA, go.

So far Sega has said it's not going to be online for either console.

Back