Warning!! Evga Warranty!!!

XMAN26

Banned
If you have bought a card between Nov 1 and Nov 7 and have not registered it yet, you are screwed and will only get a Limited 1 yr warranty. If you bought your card on or after Nov 8th, get to registering that damn thing today if you want your Lifetime warranty.

Links provided below:

http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/

"All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive full lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty"

That is the first bullet point of the warranty info

http://www.nvnews.net/

So? What's the big deal, you have to register the product within thirty days to get the lifetime warranty? That's not so uncommon, why do you have a problem with it?

Warranty

So? What's the big deal, you have to register the product within thirty days to get the lifetime warranty? That's not so uncommon, why do you have a problem with it?

I don't, I was mearly posting it as some people will by a brand of cards based on warranty, quality and past history. They, EVGA, just changed they registration period to 30 days to get the Lifetime Warranty. I'm simply trying to let people know who bought one(EVGA branded card) since Nov 1 what the deal is. If they dont bother with it, thats on them, but given the fact this little tidpit wasn't annouced or anything might make some peopel unhappy if say 14 months from now there 8800GTX died and they assumed they had a Lifetime warranty and were never aware of the change. I dont own one so I could care less.

Most people who spend that much on their video card tend to read the info included with said card, else they deserve what they don't get. :)

RTFM4life

Precisely. In other forums people were complaining and swearing to move to XFX because of this.

And what of those people who dont register right away? Or, here is a crazy one, what if the warranty sheet that came with there card doesn't state what thier website does, then what? I'm sure someone has bought an EVGA card these last 2 months that may have sitting on the shelf since Oct. I'm sure those wont have the current warranty policy change included in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what of those people who dont register right away? Or, here is a crazy one, what if the warranty sheet that came with there card doesn't state what thier website does, then what? I'm sure someone has bought an EVGA card these last 2 months that may have sitting on the shelf since Oct. I'm sure those wont have the current warranty policy change included in them.
If the card in their box said differently they'd be able to demand that EVGA honor the warranty based on that. :rolleyes:

Are you just looking for trouble where there isn't any? It sure seems like it....

fairly certain somewhere in the literature it tells the customer to check their website for the latest warranty terms and conditions and to register the card

Trouble?

If the card in their box said differently they'd be able to demand that EVGA honor the warranty based on that. :rolleyes:

Are you just looking for trouble where there isn't any? It sure seems like it....

No, I am mearly trying to bring to light a warranty policy change for those who may not have read or bothered to as of yet register thier card. It seems to me you are trying to start something where there is nothing to start.

Its a bit cheap if you ask me. I've had no other video card warranty require such action. BFG honors the warranty no questions asked from my experience, and same with XFX since they moved to their double lifetime warranty.

Not a big deal, but it rubs me the wrong way.

Its a bit cheap if you ask me. I've had no other video card warranty require such action. BFG honors the warranty no questions asked from my experience, and same with XFX since they moved to their double lifetime warranty.

it helps EVGA determine the install base for EVGA cards, if they didnt do this, cards could be shipped from warehouse to retailer and then sit on a retailer shelf for any period of time, but this ensures that for the vast majority of users, once they are purchased they are registered

also helps them determine how quick they are getting out there

it's really not a big deal TBH, just like any other consumer product, you have to register to get the warranty

BFG and XFX also have a clause in their warranties that states that your warranty is void the instant you overclock your card or remove the stock cooling apparatus.....EVGA basically encourages you to change out cooling and overclock until you let the proverbial smoke out, you can quite literally call up EVGA and say look, i put H2O cooling to my card and overclocked it to kingdom come and it stopped working, and as long as you return it to them in stock condition (no physical damage), they will send you a free replacement

neither BFG nor XFX are that brave

I give brownie points to EVGA for that, but the idea of registering the product still doesn't sit well with me, I haven't done that in ages, and I've never had to do so for a warranty on computer hardware, which is about the only purchases I make where I've had to send a non-functioning item to the OEM instead or return to the place of purchase.

I thought part of this might stem from eVGA and their Step-Up program. One thing people would do is hold off on registering their card until the next big thing was around the corner so they would be within their trade window. But reading through what's up there now, you need to provide proof of purchase/invoice and register too.

Back