Sigh. Why does the US government make unforturnate choices?

In a way it is definitely true that the Palestinians are "filling their children with hate", but... well, I don't really have much to add. I agree; this could be a problem. We'll see, I guess.

First of all I think that no matter whom is chosen for this position the Arab and Muslim leaders will wirte them off asaccomplices of a foreign assault.

Second since some of you seemed disappointed with the selection perhaps you have some one else in mind. Who?

pascal said:
Silent_One said:
Second since some of you seemed disappointed with the selection perhaps you have some one else in mind. Who?
You :LOL:
Sorry Silent_One, I was joking. Just find interresting that someone with some potential bias can rule an arab country.

Please Killer this is not funny.

horvendile said:
In a way it is definitely true that the Palestinians are "filling their children with hate", but... well, I don't really have much to add. I agree; this could be a problem. We'll see, I guess.

I don't think that's a fair statement to make horvendile; 'the palestinians are "filling their children with hate".' The reason I say that is because both sides are to blame for the problems.

Israelies and Palestinians. Israel has a right to defend their territory. However, you have to look at the conditions under which the Israeli army places the majority of the Palestinian populace. For them to get to the point where they feel their only recourse (and this ranges from mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, et al. not just fanatical jihadists.. and that's where it differs from al-qaeda terrorism imo) for themselves and the future of their families is to blow themselves up is pretty bad.

Well damn. Maybe we should look at the reason for that level of desperation. So as I said, I think both sides are to blame. The Israelies aren't helping themselves by inflicting the current conditions upon the Palestinians. And the Palestinians aren't helping themselves in the world community by blowing themselves up.

No matter how bad things were for blacks in this country, indians under british colonial rule, black south africans under apartheid, etc, you never saw suicide bombers as the *rule* of law, rather than the exception. It was always peaceful resistance, even in the face of overwhelming odds. That is what moves the world. Not suicide bombing.

Now, to stay on topic, I think that it was yet another poor choice in a long history of poor choices, by the current administration.

*Not* because the person or persons are not qualified, but because of the potential conflict of interests. They could have probably done better. Considering how bad things are in the middle east, even someone who is merely *perceived* as being a "Zionist" heading Iraq's reconstruction is a disaster waiting to happen.

pascal-

LOL :LOL:

Seriously though, don't you think whom ever is appointed will be dismissed? I mean I think thats a forgone conclusion. Many Arab and Muslim leaders will reject the message of reform by dwelling on the sins of the American messenger, the Infidels, the Imperialists.

Now I don't have anyone in mind for that position so I ask in all seriousness...WHO?

Silent_One said:
Many Arab and Muslim leaders will reject the message of reform by dwelling on the sins of the American messenger, the Infidels, the Imperialists.
This is the point. Put yourself in the Arabs position: "hey this guy 10 years of experience in Israel???"

About who? First find a good headhunter, this is not my job. :LOL:

Please Killer this is not funny.

*cough* Addressing wrong person *cough*

:LOL:

If I want to make a joke about something I will. I just want to let you in on a little secret... I try not to offend.

This is the point. Put yourself in the Arabs position: "hey this guy 10 years of experience in Israel???"

Where dose it say 10 years? I see it says 10 days-
"A distinguished general spends 31 years of his life in the military and because he spent 10 days of his life in Israel, they question his ability to serve the president in Iraq," JINSA spokesman Jim Colbert said Tuesday

Problem is there are no known good choices... At least not yet. Saddam was not only Stalin he was also Marshal Tito and was basically the only one keeping that country united. Once the US leaves the country will split like Yugo did... Now where the should the new borders be hmm...

Back