where does one go to "get tested"

Yar

My wife got the pill there as well in the past it was definitely a good deal.

Edit:
SAge take advantage of your education while you are there as well. It doesn't take much more effort to get excellent grades then mediocre grades usually. Anyway good luck

Of course I'm taking advantage of my education. Greeks tend to do better than non-greek students. And, I'm in the #1 fraternity (nationally).

If your looking for suggestions Nesh has piles (er of them :D)

ROFLCOPTER!
.......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.
(shamelessly stolen)

If you've no insurance be sure to go anonymous. If you're positive without insurance it's a "pre-existing" condition and you'll never get coverage.

Sage 000: The man with the purple car

Sage said:
where does one go to "get tested"
You can "get tested" alright by a random hoe in some dirty back alley of your city, it will cost you around 20 bucks.

I expect you to be nerd and virgin positive, though. Sorry.

By the way, Sage lives! He lives! ...Well, he doesn't seem to live so much according to him:
"Not that I'm too concerned about anything, I just really feel that it's something that should be done in case I might be presented with an opportunity to be with someone."

Of course I have health insurance.

Still you should go anonymous

If you have a more than 60 day break in coverage you are in the same boat. And that is quite likely at some point in your life. It is one of the groovy things.

Usually good insurance will still cover preexisting conditions, but often you have to wait like 6months or something.

You guys pay in the US to "get tested"?! Wow... The land of the free!

Here you get 15-min HIV test (meaning you get the result in 15 minutes, not a very depressing week like in some places) and ALL other STD tests, from Hep A to C and all other infections, absolutely for free. As it should be really...

If you're a student, most colleges here will test you for free, or for only a few bucks. They also usually give out free condoms.

I expect you to be nerd and virgin positive, though. Sorry.

By the way, Sage lives! He lives! ...Well, he doesn't seem to live so much according to him:
"Not that I'm too concerned about anything, I just really feel that it's something that should be done in case I might be presented with an opportunity to be with someone."

Nerd and virgin positive? lol.

Actually... I do have my reasons for wanting to get tested... I have had unprotected sex with several people, all of them people that I really shouldn't have. So, now that I'm possibly getting involved with someone that I really really care about, I want to make sure that I'm clean.

Actually... I do have my reasons for wanting to get tested... I have had unprotected sex with several people, all of them people that I really shouldn't have. So, now that I'm possibly getting involved with someone that I really really care about, I want to make sure that I'm clean.
Good move and good thought, I commend you on it. :)

Nerd and virgin positive? lol.

Always remember that if you do get infected with HIV, there is a 3 month incubation period where the test might not pick it up. 6 months is the maximum, most times it's much less. They tend to say it's 3 months.

So if you had unprotected sex less than 3 months ago, and your test comes up negative, it doesn't mean you're actually negative. You probably are, but it's not 100% sure.

You should always leave 3 months between the time you think you might have been infected and the test, just to be 100% sure.

And i think you will want to be 100% sure if you care about this new person. At least don't have unprotected sex for at least 3 months (or 3 months after the last one), get tested again, and then go from there.

Lots of people get and pass on HIV because their test comes up negative, just because they are in their 3 months where the test doesn't pick it up.

And i won't get into the discussion where i tell you you're a very, very irresponsible man, by having had sex with what you say are "several people", without even knowing your HIV status, or your HepC status, or all other diseases you could have at the moment... Sure it takes two, and the people you had sex with should have known better, but you should be responsible enough to know that when you don't know what your status is, you just do not have unprotected sex, not only to protect yourself, but to protect others. For all you know, you could have become infected the first time you had unprotected sex, and passed it on to all other people you had unprotected sex with. Think about it next time. "Not knowing" doesn't make you negative.
The world has enough HIV as it is, i'm amazed that in 2006 there are still people like you who "take risks" but really, take risks with their and other people's lives, just for an hour or so of fun.
An orgasm is not worth your or other people's lives.

OK i did get into that discussion a little bit, but hey, someone's got to do it.

Shut your hole, L-B. Let's not talk of all of the people YOUVE had sex with. You do know that condoms are only partially effective? Yeah, I've only had sex with six people. As for my reasons for having unprotected sex with some of those- I had deeply-seated psychological issues regarding sex that prevented me from being able to even purchase condoms (couldn't handle that the person selling them to me might know that I wanted to have sex). But, I knew that was a problem and I fucking worked through it so that I WOULD be able to act responsibly and get tested + buy condoms. Furthermore, I actually didn't wantto have unprotected sex with the last girl I was dating but she basically guilt-tripped me into it.

And, yes, I know about the 3/6 month thing. It's been about 4.

Shut your hole, L-B. Let's not talk of all of the people YOUVE had sex with.
First of all, i was never rude to you, so i don't know why you should tell me to "shut my hole". I made my points, and i'm sorry to say that my points are more than valid, whatever your "problems" are.
Besides, what do the people I'VE had sex with have to do with this? I don't have unprotected sex with people, unless i'm in a serious relationship and only after both have been tested.

You do know that condoms are only partially effective?
Uhm... They are certainly a lot more effective than not using them at all.
Yeah, I've only had sex with six people.

Yes, and for all you know, one could have had HIV, one could have had Hep-C, one could have had Syphilis and so on and so forth.

As for my reasons for having unprotected sex with some of those- I had deeply-seated psychological issues regarding sex that prevented me from being able to even purchase condoms (couldn't handle that the person selling them to me might know that I wanted to have sex). But, I knew that was a problem and I fucking worked through it so that I WOULD be able to act responsibly and get tested + buy condoms. Furthermore, I actually didn't wantto have unprotected sex with the last girl I was dating but she basically guilt-tripped me into it.

Is that going to be an excuse if, hopefully not, all the people got infected with one or more viri which, at the end of the day, can kill you and them.

And, yes, I know about the 3/6 month thing. It's been about 4.
Good.

If i somehow offended you in any way (not sure why), then sorry. But my points were more than absolutely valid. The fact that you "had issues" which explain why you had unprotected sex, doesn't change the fact that you have put yourself and those other people at very high risk.

Now, ladies. . . we were having a perfectly enjoyable thread about Sage and STDs. It even included the opportunity to get the occassional bash at the American health system in, thus providing a little something for everyone. Let's not make it ugly!

Well, someone had to say something about the whole thing and play the part of the one who tells him to be careful cause we live in a bad bad world, and i was as pleasant about it as i could be. If he took it the wrong way, then maybe he'll be more careful in the future and i accomplished my mission.

Isn't this one of the eternal questions right up there with the immovable object and the irresistable force? "In an internet flamewar, who wins --the drama queen or the martyr?" :LOL:

Back