Gamers nearly reach to 100,000 gamerpoints

What do you get for gamerpoints again and can you give me some idea of how much 100k of them are worth? :???:
You get bragging rights but it's more about doing specific acheivements for replay value, this is pretty much impossibly high. I think the average person has like 5,000 or less gamerpoints.

You get bragging rights but it's more about doing specific acheivements for replay value, this is pretty much impossibly high. I think the average person has like 5,000 or less gamerpoints.

Well considering my 1900 puts me in the top 1/3 of a million (according to that site anyway), I'd say the average is somewhat lower than 5000 :yes:
Unless it doesn't account for everyone on the service... Which thinking about it, it probably doesn't.... :p

[edit]
Yes it only has 750k in the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well considering my 1900 puts me in the top 1/3 of a million (according to that site anyway), I'd say the average is somewhat lower than 5000 :yes:
Unless it doesn't account for everyone on the service... Which thinking about it, it probably doesn't.... :p
[edit]
Yes it only has 750k in the list.
Well look at how many games the people on the top played...

You get bragging rights but it's more about doing specific acheivements for replay value, this is pretty much impossibly high.
Doing specific achievements for replay value? You mean that's how you earn points or that is something that you unlock by earning points?

Sounds like the console version of the epenis to me.

Doing specific achievements for replay value? You mean that's how you earn points or that is something that you unlock by earning points?

The games have achievements and once you have accomplished it, it unlocks. Every retail game has 1000 achievement points, and you get them by doing different things e.g. finishing all the chapters, finding all the hidden goodies, killing 10 people in a row in multiplayer without dying etc.
It's a cool system and it's easier to grow than your real penis.

There is a difference between Achievements and Gamerscore. While they are related, they are different things.

Achievements add replay value for a lot of people who don't care about Gamerscore at all. Achievements are an added reward. You get a little something extra for completing a level or game objective, and people like getting that little reward, even if it isn't actually worth anything. Think of it as a little trophy like you get for winning a sporting event.

Gamerscore is a bit different. Most people really don't care about the gamerscore, but there is a percentage of the population that is highly competative, and will compete with each other for the highest gamerscore. MS loves these people since it requires you to spend money to compete.

Gamerscore is a bit different. Most people really don't care about the gamerscore, but there is a percentage of the population that is highly competative, and will compete with each other for the highest gamerscore. MS loves these people since it requires you to spend money to compete.

How so? I don't have a X360 so I'd like a bit of clarification on that last point. What exactly do they have to pay for to compete? And what are the possible rewards? Thanks.

How so? I don't have a X360 so I'd like a bit of clarification on that last point. What exactly do they have to pay for to compete? And what are the possible rewards? Thanks.

The way you earn Gamerscore points is by earning Achievements in games. Games are limited to 1,000 points, and Arcade Games are limited to 200 points.

So, to increase your gamerscore to high levels, you not only have to play games, often multiple times, but you also have to play a lot of games, which means you either buy or rent a lot of games.

There was a recent article about the high attach rate of games on the 360 (5.2 per system sold). I would be willing to bet the reason behind the high attach rate is largely due to the introduction of the Gamerscore system. A lot of people will play games they never would have touched before just to increase their gamerscore.

I'm really not sure how well this will work for you, but try clicking here. That should take you to my Gamercard. You can see my total Gamerscore, and from there you can go to see the games that I've played, how many points I've earned, and go into each game and see exactly what Achievements I've unlocked and how many points they were worth. Every 360 owner has one, and everyone who has their 360 online has it constantly updated.

Each game has it's own set of accomplishments native to that game. However each accomplishment has a Global value. The sum of these global values is your Gamers Ranking.

It's a fun tool but as always some people take it too seriously.

Yeah well, if you get a 360. It'll change the way you play games, in a very organic way. Till then it'll sound like so much background noise.

There is an actual IGN PS3 editor who stated that he wont buy multi-platform games on PS3 because, all else equal, they dont have achievement points.

They're controversial too, because people noticed they tend to change the very way you play games. And a lot of people dont like that, and will therefore rebel against playing games for points (okay, maybe it's just a few whiners on GAF). I've thought about it myself. You will play games a different way, or go back to games you wouldn't have gone back too, just for the points. I've done it. I had to get to level 30 on Galaga to get those 30 achievement points. Otherwise, I would not have gone back to the game.

I'm still torn on the points myself, but all in all I think they're a good idea now. More or less, they give you another reason to play games.

I dont like the way some games hand them out though. I like the way COD3 does it, 80 points for completing the game (along with 20 per level) that mean just completing the game on default difficulty will get you 180 points. Too many games get cute with the points. Too me, a good 400-500 points should be awarded for completing the game on default. Many games give you a pittance for completing them, and most points are doled out for tricks or hard difficulty levels. I dont like that.

Gamespot wrote an actual guide, you can rent a handful of mostly early 360 sports games that were careless with their points, and cheese/exploit your way to 6,000+ points in a few hours. I've considered doing this many times, but so far have decided I want my gamerscore to remain "pure".
________
GLASS PIPE

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamerpoints themself are fairly useless, and indeed is pretty much a epenis thing. Achievements themselves are pretty good though (as long as they're designed well), it'll make you do things you wouldn't usually do (playng different, completing on harder difficulties etc) and once you do it feels like you're being given something and indeed achieved something in the game.

Wow, that's a lot of points! I think it's a great added fun to have gamer scores. My current gamer score is 0. :oops:

Back