New Crackdown Screens

thanks for sharing guys. :cool:

at this rate, there will be downloadable content just as this game is winding down for me... which will start me all over again... I have not even thought of the Halo beta. :LOL:

In the latest EGM (#214), there is an interview with the producer and lead designer of Crackdown. Some tidbits on the downloadable content were revealed.

EGM: Downloadable content-we know it's coming. Whatcha got?

Phil Wilson: The stuff that people want to know that we're working on and that we can confirm are new vehicles...[and] there's something special about each one. We're doing a lot of new equipment, new gadgets, just toys to play around with in the game world

We're going to [add] a lot more game modes, a lot more things for solo and co-op players, and leaderboards that are attached to those, that make for more reasons to screw around, so you're not so much making your own fun, you're going with the game modes we've created. The stuff we're putting together is just really fun.

Hope this stuff comes soon.

Crackdown Content Could Include Airborne Vehicles

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158245
Speaking to Eurogamer, producer Phil Whilson mused on how they had originally ruled out including airborne vehicles into Crackdown because of the focus on player agility and possible engine limitations. At the end of development, however, they realized the engine could certainly handle allowing players to rule the skies:

"Since nothing's announced for the forthcoming downloadable content I have to be careful what I say about it, but flying vehicles are something that we initially decided to steer well clear of. As it happens that latter concern was irrelevant because, as you can see in the finished game, the existing engine can handle immense draw distances and rapid streaming... so airborne antics is definitely not off the table going forward."

Also arriving in an upcoming content patch are new game modes (including one co-op one that was actually influenced by a YouTube video) and the ability to reset gangs for players who'd rather continue playing with their current character, rather than starting over.

Being able to reset gangs is good news. I've been wanting to play through this again with a friend all leveled up.

Finally beat the game! On the middle difficult, it's still quite hard. The Shai Gen are damn tough. Got 4stars in all but driving. I like jumping and running too much to drive around.

400 out of 500 agility orbs collected :D This game is damn fun and you can waste countless hours just screwing around. Going to the tip of the agency tower was pretty cool as is firing rocktets from up there :D

Yeah I was a bit disappointed to see the rockets have no affect on the cars etc when shot from up there to the other islands.

That was mildly disappointing, but they get points back because the rockets actually explode at any distance.

I think some of the most fun I've had in this game has been by initializing the peace keeper hit squads, and trying to out last the endless squad cars that come after me
. :D

That was mildly disappointing, but they get points back because the rockets actually explode at any distance.

I think some of the most fun I've had in this game has been by initializing the peace keeper hit squads, and trying to out last the endless squad cars that come after me
. :D

I did that after I beat the game. I ran out of ammo before they could kill me and then leaped away to safety. I let a ton of them come and stack up and then gave them a good old cluster nade, which evolved into a nuke thanks to all the cars around :D

They're saying 'this week'. :)

As in today or tommorrow? :oops: Oh man if I didn't have a meeting to host I'd so take today off. And if I didn't have a conference to go to I'd take tommorrow off as well :mad:.

Sooo I think I am gonna friend request a few more ppl that have the game. Who here does? We can do what Nuc said and get the achievement before buying the full pack.

Back