Looking forward to the games of 2007

10 million units out there?! Isn't it somewhere around 5-7 million at the moment?

Please not again.

On topic:

RE5
Halo 3
Too Human
Lost Planet
Heavenly Sword
Lair
MGS4
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy

And new 'arcade' games on all platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you get with being the most mature new console on the market.
It's first year, 2006, wasn't that hot a year for xbox360. Rarely has there been a wealth of top titles for a new console in it's first year.

I dunno... I was really satisfied this year. Between the launch titles I liked (PGR3, Kameo, Condemned, and COD2) to early year releases (GRAW and Oblivion) to latter year (NBA 2k7, Gears) plus live arcade... thats eight very good to great games in a single year, that still look and play beyond last gen and in manys cases, outclass next gen available on other consoles... it was a very good year really and 07 looks awesome as well.

I think small arms is out tonight. I cannot wait. It looks like a new age take on Gunstar Heroes!

Is it just me or does 360 have an gargantuan wealth of really interesting games for next year?
More so than any other console AFAICT...

Isn't it also lovely how some people are making lists and putting every multiplatform game as ps3,even though the ps3 version of most of these games(like the darkness) will probably be worse than the xbox360 one or released later?

I dunno... I was really satisfied this year. Between the launch titles I liked (PGR3, Kameo, Condemned, and COD2) to early year releases (GRAW and Oblivion) to latter year (NBA 2k7, Gears) plus live arcade... thats eight very good to great games in a single year, that still look and play beyond last gen and in manys cases, outclass next gen available on other consoles... it was a very good year really and 07 looks awesome as well.

I think small arms is out tonight. I cannot wait. It looks like a new age take on Gunstar Heroes!
Yep the 360 had a great first year,esp. when taking into account about a TRUE first year UNLIKE the ps2 situation which had launched in MARCH 2000 not Octoberer 2000 as some people like to think.On the xbox360 we are SPECIFICALLY talking about the first 12 months of the console's existance.

I mean 2 out of 3 GOTY candidates are on the 360 right now(Oblivion and GoW).

Isn't it also lovely how some people are making lists and putting every multiplatform game as ps3,even though the ps3 version of most of these games(like the darkness) will probably be worse than the xbox360 one or released later?

Dude you were doing so well...:rolleyes:

Well I wont have a PS3 until 2008 I think, so I'll survive only with my PS2 till then. GoW2...what else is coming out for PS2 next year?

I forgot Crackdown, looks like the first open ended game where the ctual gameplay itself may be enjoyable, alot of potential there, and the co-op sounds like it will be a blast.

Well I wont have a PS3 until 2008 I think, so I'll survive only with my PS2 till then. GoW2...what else is coming out for PS2 next year?

Rogue Galaxy (which I forgot in my list). FFXII and Okami as well, depending on where you are.

Not really sure what else... probably some multiplatform junk too.

If by "some people" you mean the one and only post in this thread so far that's eligible for your allegation, you didn't notice there was a "if kb and mouse are supported" comment attached, did you?

I, personally, listed game sthat will also be available on xbox 360 under PS3 list just because I won't likely be owning an xbox 360, thus the PS3 version is my choise regardless if it's the better or worse version.
Besides, it's very biased assuming all the multiplatform games will be better on xbox 360.

07 is RPG heaven:

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Too Human

But I also can't wait for Forza, Halo, Spllinter Cell 5, Assassin's Creed, Brothers in Arms HH, GTA4 and RE5.

Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, MGS4 and of course FF13 all have my interest peaked, but unless FF13 comes out next year I doubt I'll have the PS3 to play em on till 2008.

Lost oddesy wont be coming out in 07- maybe in japan but i doubt in Stateside-

Also i thought Ninja Gaiden 2 became ps3 only? - Mass effect looks dope- no ones mentioning Lost Planet....

Im looking forward to alot but right now im stuck on motorstorm- and i dislike racing games

Also i thought Ninja Gaiden 2 became ps3 only? - Mass effect looks dope- no ones mentioning Lost Planet....

You are thinking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which is a remake of Ninja Gaiden 1.
Ninja Gaiden2 is 360 bound...

Games that look interesting (in no particular order of games or platforms):

XB360:
Halo Wars
C&C3
Halo3
Bioshock

Multiplatform:
Assasins Creed
BiA3
RE5
Portal/HL2

PC:
Crysis
UT07
ET:Quake Wars
MediavalII: Total War

Wii:
MP3
MG
Disaster:Day of Crisis
RE:UC
BTWii

Along with a few more I cant remember now.
I hope can try at least a few of them (beside demos).

Games i keep an eye on in 2006.

XBOX360
Lost Planet
Mass Effect
Blue Dragon
Crackdown
Bioshock
Too Human
Stranglehold
Alone in The Dark
Bullet Witch
Vampires Rain
The Darkness
MOH:Airborn
Lost Odyssey
Fable2
Assasins Creed
Wolfenstein
Splinter Cell 5
Ninja Gaiden 2
BiA 3
Army of Two
GTA 4
RE5
Dark Sector
Turok

PC
Crysis

PS3
Motostorm
Heavenly Sword
MGS 4
Warhawk
Lair
killzone
Burnout5
Naughty Dog thing

I stl dont own any of the next gen consoles, but these are the games that i am looking forward to:

In no particular order

360:
Blue Dragon
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Ninja Gaiden 2

PS3:
Heavenly Sword
Motorstorm
Virtua Fighter 5
Lair
flOw
Calling all cars
MGS4
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma
FF13
White knight story
Naughty Dog game
Warhawk
GT whatever
Ratchet and Clank

Multiplatform:
Assassin's Creed
RE5

PS2:
Rogue Galaxy
God of War 2

BTW, something tells me that a next gen socom game could be released on 2007.

Got a 360, PS2 and a PSP. Hoping to pick up a PS3 next year (I'm in Europe).

360:
Bioshock (has this ever been confirmed exclusive or not?)
Mass Effect
Too Human
Gears of... whoops! :)

PS3:
Naughty Dog's game
Motorstorm
Lair
Next Insomniac game (yeah I know, but I'm hoping for R&C in 2007)
HS
Kill... (dare I say it?)

The comment I put next to Bioshock was because I was going to have a Multiplatform section but interestingly none jump out at me except Assassin's Creed, GR:AW 2 and RE.

games that i most look forward to
PS3:
Lair
Heavy rain
the getaway
MGS4
FFXIII
Afrika
FNR3
Motor storm
Killzone2
Heavenly sword
Silent hill 5
resident evil 5
Jeriko

PC: Crysis, Alan wake, World in conflict.

Back