Exluna

CI

Newcomer
It just suddenly occured to me to visit their site:
http://www.exluna.com/index.html

Any news of what happen to them after their deal with nVidia?

The site seems to be neglected and all development apparently have also stopped. Any idea what could most of the Exluna folks be doing now? Could they be involved in development of Cg or something?
:?:

I'm curious about this too, but I've never seen any news about it. This topic might make a good interview question for Nvidia.

I'd guess there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on right now.
Remember, even ATI got deals with film companies, but they prefer to keep all that confidential. No idea why.

I'd bet though that those ExLuna folks probably worked at least a little on CgFX, and all the related plug-ins. Just a guess, though.

Uttar

DaveBaumann said:
I sent off a few questions asking about it when it was announced. Nothing came back.
Perhaps you should retry. It would be really interesting to have some kind of information!

During the Dusk-till-Dawn developer conference I was talking to one of the NVIDIA employee's and it transpired that she actually came via the Exluna merger (IIRC), certainly she'd worked at Pixar for some time. Anyway, the gist of things were that NVIDIA are not really ready to make many announcments at the moment, so I'm not sure that we'll get anything more right now - she was hinting at some announcements around Siggraph time.

Back