NVIDIA: Beyond G80...

Fudo's predictions (atleast he's being more honest :LOL: ) for 2007

Nvidia plans G84 and G86 for just after CeBIT time, in Q2 2006. Nvidia will once again be the first with DirectX 10 hardware for mainstream and entry level with ATI to follow in about a quarter's time. We cannot predict the winner yet.
Safe or obvious predictions. :unsure:

Actually, when I read that I wondered if G84 and G86 have slipped a touch. After CeBit now. Unless they are convinced that R600 is launching at CeBit and don't care to try to compete for reviewer and enthusiast attention with midrange parts against a high-end new gen offering.

I... let's see where the thread goes from here. :D

You earned a medal for saving this thread, we owe you our sincerest gratitude, our saviour... :LOL:

Those points we chewed, digested and recycled about 732 times in 253 threads already, y'know. But welcome, however.

uhm.. g80 with 512bit mc and gddr4 at cebit, g81 at/after computex?

btw, I saw 84 and 86 in the m$ logo program as new entries

Guys,

I'm looking to buy a laptop before too long (maybe in a couple of months)

Anybody got any idea what the story is with a mobile version of the G80?

I'm getting it for work, but I'd be buggered if I'm holding my own personal laptop, on my own personal time, stuck in Kazakhstan and NOT playing high rez HL2/Q4... or even crysis when it's out...

I would expect no M version of the current G80. M versions will be of the newer chips. Most likely the 6/5 cluster verion in 80nm.

Well, the X2100(M71-M) is allready on sale in indonesia and I haven't seen anything of a mobile G8X yet, so the Laptop graphics aren't hurt yet. the only thing that hurt ati in the laptop market is the enthusiast approach of MXM.
The x2300 is a x1450 and seeing the part number for the x2300 (M64-s versus M64-p) I can't image that the 2300 will support SM4, the X2100 looks like it does. So I don't think ATi actually lost the race for space in the slots of the notebook manufacturers this time.

edit: actually the X2300 is allready listed in the linux release notes:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.32.5.html

Asus A65R specs http://www.bhinneka.com/ASPX/pro_display_detail.aspx?i=SKU00706928&mb=0

Very good chance nV's entire line up of g8x is coming sooner then we think ;)

3-4 months.

I don't think there is anymore 90 nm g8x either, they will all be .80 nm.

Last edited by a moderator:
3-4 months.

that would put it a healthy 1.5 year after the geforce 73 and 76 which is sane.
But then, who needs a low-power DX10 setup? surely not to play games since the requirements are simply too steep seen the demanding outlook of FS-X, Crysis etc. and there's currently nothing requiring dx10 which can be powered by a notebook chip.

well should have said sooner then I think, I was expecting only the mid range, but low end seems to be there too.

Well I think it will be more of a response to AMD/ATi, to get the intial sales and OEM contracts.

Well I didn't think it would be based off the same chip as ther desktop, I just have no idea if it will be G81, G80M G69dudes or whatever ;)

It's not just the low power DX10 aspect though, it's the playing in 1920x1200 (native screen rez) with AA and not dropping frames...

Back