Need your opinion

Wii - also not Region free is a huge let down. But then it's cheap and small enough to own 2. Though I wonder what will happen if you have 2 Wii's and 2 sensor bars in very close proximity.

It's been reported that you can run import GCN games with Freeloader on the Wii. So it's sort of region free :LOL:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=11973

Then again some people reported that it caused some malfunctions, so take with a bucket of salt and don't blame me if your Wii blows up.

On a side note, does anyone know why the hell I can't edit my posts?

That's a very difficult question.It all comes down to personal preference.If you like MGS(although this just might come out on the 360 also),VF,Gran tourismo,Final fantasy,Tekken,DMC,R&C and are interested in the new franchises by Sony(like motorstorm,white knights,resistance,new naughty dog game e.t.c) then go for a ps3.

On the other hand you have Halo,Ninja Gaiden(i believe that NG2 has a chnce of being xbox360 exclusive),PGr,Forza,Splinter Cell,Banjo,Fable,DOA e.t.c plus a lot of new I.Ps(lost planet,dead rising,bioshock,alan wake,GoW,Lost Odyssey,Blue dragon,Trusty Bell e.t.c).Less huge proven franchises,more new ones.

Games like resident evil and GTA being "true" multiplatform this time also play a role in favour of xbox360.If you own a gaming PC that also plays a role in favour of Sony.High definition movies out of the box or a chance to upgrade whenever you feel like it??

There's a lot to consider if you only want to own one console.

As long as there is PC gaming there isn´t a real Monopoly on games, and the god honest truth is that Microsoft is gonna win in the end thanks to a bigger pool of money. Without Microsoft we would have Nintendo and Sony batteling. Now we have Microsoft powered by Office sales and a monopoly on operating systems slowly bleeding Sony to death.

How is fighting the console war backed by Office sales worse than fighting it backed by handhelds or by TV sets?

How is fighting the console war backed by Office sales worse than fighting it backed by handhelds or by TV sets?

I don´t think you can compare the power of monopoly (checked the Vista pricings?) with handhelds and tv sets.

I don´t think you can compare the power of monopoly (checked the Vista pricings?) with handhelds and tv sets.

Yeah, check the Bravia pricing vs. equivalent Samsungs, for example, then check Vista vs. every-fscking-year-an-upgrade Mac OS X pricing. And speaking of monopolies, have you heard of a certain Happy Meal-like machine with 4 MB of RAM, a wristwatch CPU and a half, and two lousy screens, which retails for $129?

certain Happy Meal-like machine with 4 MB of RAM, a wristwatch CPU and a half, and two lousy screens, which retails for $129?

149EURO > 185us$ actually in europe :)

I don't get this general consensus that "consoles are expensive". Consoles are cheap for what they offer. For people that take their gaming serious, and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum that are in that boat should realise how much they spend on updating their PCs just to be able to play the latest games at a decent resolution and framerate.

The most expensive console (PS3) is still cheap, most US gamers wouldn't realise this but just about everywhere else in the world bar Japan, have been paying around the same price each console launch, particularly here in Australia where PS1 was released here for $1000AUD, and now the PS3 Premium model launches here in March for the same price 12-13 years later.

So if you love games and gaming in general and you can afford it, there's no substitute. Buy all 3 of the latest consoles. Any way you look at it however, any of the new consoles are guarenteed to have good games, it really just depends on your preference for games.

So if Final Fantasies and the majority of RPGs, Tekkens, Virtua Fighters, GTs and Metal Gears etc are your cup of Tea, get the PS3. If Halos, Project Gothams, Gears of War etc are your deal, grab an Xbox360. If Zeldas, Marios and Metroids and a funky new remote etc. are more your style, then grab a Wii. It's as simple as that.

Easy!

1) Get all of them on credit.
2) Abandon gaming altogether and have a FABULOUS holiday somewhere exotic with lots of sun, fun, and hot babes/guys (according to preference!).
3) Wait till prices drop.

I surely know what *I* would go for.

Easy!

2) Abandon gaming altogether and have a FABULOUS holiday somewhere exotic with lots of sun, fun, and hot babes/guys (according to preference!).

The Ibiza season is over isn´t it, Radio One is home, Pete Tong is doing Essential mix from dark places in the UK and the Bikinis/shorts are hidden away.

I´m excited about the PS3 because of the Blu-Ray, yeah i know i suck for wanting to own a HiDef player, just a little worried about the Region Locking. So while i waited on the PS2 for the price to drop and "the game" to show up, i actually may get the PS3 at launch this time, at only 900$ ! :(

Why would you suck just because you want to own an HD player?
You will suck if you buy the console ONLY for as an HD player. But I m sure you ll go for the games as well. Which takes all the "suckiness" away.
Easy!

1) Get all of them on credit.
3) Wait till prices drop.

I know I know....you d go for the babes :D .....or not? :LOL:

Why would you suck just because you want to own an HD player?
You will suck if you buy the console ONLY for as an HD player. But I m sure you ll go for the games as well. Which takes all the "suckiness" away.

Please boys, can we keep the sucking to a minimum on these forums??! It's getting a bit moist around here.

Comming from the PC side as a gamer, for me the xbox was the clear choice when I went over to the consoles and now that the new gen has started with all the actors launching their systems, so far I would go for the 360. However, for me, FF and MGS and so on, don't really mean anything so I don't really have an "attachment" to them. If those are the kind of games or actually should say if those are the specific game you look for I guess there is not much more you can do than get a PS3, however, I would definitely wait until they get here, and you might even get a price drop in the mean time. That is the reason that I am waiting for the 360, a price drop and that more of the games that I am looking for are ready, like Mass Effect, Bioshock and Alan Wake...

Can you really wait until fall07?

Yea that was my thought that I would wait until mid 2007 ish to see which was doing "better" at that time and get that consloe. However now that I have had a 360 since late spring 2006 I realize I did not follow my plan well. And I am so glad I did not as I missed out on a lot of HQ gaming if I had waited.

Back