New ATI Developer Tools

There is one NVIDIA person here too. Perhaps more but not so open about it (nothing too wrong about that in most instances).. this is what makes B3D so great.
And geo look, I didn't use any expletive(s) :p

Finally a shader disassembler for ATI cards.
I think we're the first ISV to make a disassembler publically available. To my knowledge our competitors don't offer disassembly, just performance estimates.

Just hope it is possible to run the Shader Analyzer in command-line mode to automate the process just as nvshaderperf.
Yes, it has a command-line mode. It can dump stats on a particular shader to the console or a text file, or you can dump stats for a group of shaders to a .csv file using wildcards to search for shader files.

GP.

Well, XGi sorta kinda had a shader disassembler...it could tell you what could be coissued:))

Anyway, great stuff, keep up the good work:D

ATI_Compress for 64-bit?

Hello, I have a question specifically for GP.

I have a 32 bit windows app that uses the ATI_Compress library. I am porting it to 64-bit and was wondering when 64-bit versions of the libraries will be released?

I tried sending a message to gputools.support@amd.com but never heard back.

I have a 32 bit windows app that uses the ATI_Compress library. I am porting it to 64-bit and was wondering when 64-bit versions of the libraries will be released?

ATI's, now AMD's support is next to nonexistent. I'm sorry if it hurts any ATI/AMD chap here, but it is true. That is one thing they really need to work on, communication!

Hi Pontius,
Apologies, it looks like the gputools.support@amd.com address isn't working. There are still some grommets in the integration of our email systems since the AMD merger.

If you email me at the old tools address devtools@ati.com I can fill you in on the 64-bit build of ATI_Compress.

GP.

Back