PS3 Launch Title Revision, per PS3Land

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
After all the delays, cancelations and speculation, we have the final list of games that will be available to you on launch day, November 17th, in North America!

Launch Titles:
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
- Call of Duty 3
- NHL 2k7
- Genji 2: Days of the Blade
- Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
- Madden NFL 2007
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- NBA '07
- NBA 2k7
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Ridge Racer 7
- Tony Hawk’s Project 8

Other titles available by the end of the year:
- Need for Speed: Carbon: November 20
- Fight Night Round 3: December 12
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas: December 19
- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II: December
- Full Auto 2: Battlelines: December
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Holiday 2006

The big one pushed back in my eyes is Rainbow Six: Vegas. I assumed it'd be a launch title since it's coming out on the 360 today? I thought one of the NBA games was cancelled?

I expect Madden and Resistance to lead software sales in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like Europe will have a very nice launch line up. :cool:

I'm also surprised that some of the titles pushed to "later this year" are basically 360 remakes. Surprising as I would think they would be ready by now.

Wow that is a really bad lineup, only 4 games are not already available on the 360. What is Sony going to do to justify the extra cost?

The big one pushed back in my eyes is Rainbow Six: Vegas. I assumed it'd be a launch title since it's coming out on the 360 today?

I seem to remember the developer having some troubles getting the PS3 version up to the same standards as the 360 version. Something to do with the memory IIRC.

Well, look at all the silly RR6 vs RR7 threads on here and elsewhere.

You can bet that it doesn't do anybody (but MS) any good to release games on the PS3 that don't look as close to the 360 version as possible.

If there's quality issues, or frame rate issues, the last thing that anybody wants is to release a game a year later on the PS3 that doesn't look or play as well as it does on the 360.

Which means now all those ports have a direct comparison, whereas when they were released for the 360, they didn't meet the same level of criticism because there wasn't anything to compare them to!

So I'm not really suprised in all the delays.

Wow that is a really bad lineup, only 4 games are not already available on the 360. What is Sony going to do to justify the extra cost?

Multimedia features? I think there's quite a bit of stuff you can do with your PS3. Maybe its not enough to justify the price in some eyes but in some, it definately is. Give it time, its not like the PS3 line up is horrible down the road, quite the opposite.

Multimedia features? I think there's quite a bit of stuff you can do with your PS3. Maybe its not enough to justify the price in some eyes but in some, it definately is. Give it time, its not like the PS3 line up is horrible down the road, quite the opposite.

Like what multimedia features?

Xbox 360 supports HD DVD with add-on, streams video from WMP 11 PC, has marketplace for TV episodes and movies. And of course plays regular CDs and DVDs. What else there is to have besides these?

Xbox 360 supports HD DVD with add-on, streams video from WMP 11 PC, has marketplace for TV episodes and movies. And of course plays regular CDs and DVDs. What else there is to have besides these?
Awesome--we can turn this thread not only into a 360/PS3 comparison thread, but also a pricing thread!

Or not. I vote for not.

Look it up if you don't know yet, I ain't going down this road especially now that people in this thread have suggested otherwise. I may add though that you saying Xbox 360 supports HD DVD with add-on isn't very good argument when it brings the price in the level of PS3 and the question was, what is Sony doing to justify the price. ;)

Well, launch lineups often consist of many ports and even ports of "old gen" games.
The PS3 is in a bit different position to xbox360 as it is the second "next gen" console to launch, so it's pretty expected there'd be quite a few next gen games on the list that have already been released on another console or are being simultaneously released.
That's just easier for the devs and publishers.
The xb360 did have it's share of ports and simultaneous release titles with PC and even old gen consoles too, though if I recall it did have some more "unique" launch titles than the PS3 seems to be having.
It's just the "launch window" anyway, comparing whether it's 4 or 5 or 6 is rather pointless, but I'm sure it'd make a nice number for PR, just like "tie in ratio" ;)

How many games are you going to buy at launch anyway? 2, 3 maybe?
I don't think there yet has been a console launch where I'd felt there'd not been a game or two to keep me happy enough through the first month or two, after which there will be more great games to choose.
Some launches are a bit better, some a bit worse, but I don't thing there has ever been a bad launch where there just hadn't been a game or two to pick up and really enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back