PS3, Wii, X360 real life sizes

Tap In

Legend
console_1.jpg

more pics here

Does the Wii have a power adapter? Perhaps because of the colour and styling of the PS3, but even when the X360's power adapter is not taken into account as is the case here, the PS3 doesn't look that much bigger at all.

Considering the PS3 has the PSU inside the box, that's not all that bad! :smile:

Do you rest your consoles PSU on top of the console? I hope not, but the way some of you all talk it sure sounds like you do. "What about the PSU!?!" What about it? You stick it behind the TV or entertainment center and never look at it again. Factoring it into the units size is rather silly if you ask me, the unit size comes into play in style and placement in your entertainment center.

Anyway, from a style ranking I believe its: Wii>>>>>> Xbox 360 or PS3. To me the PS3 has a slightly interesting look and the Xbox 360 has odd curves. The Wii is just cute, small, and reminds me in a way of a NES (dont know why though).

Does the Wii have a power adapter? Perhaps because of the colour and styling of the PS3, but even when the X360's power adapter is not taken into account as is the case here, the PS3 doesn't look that much bigger at all.
they unwrapped one on the 1up show and it was the same size as the gamecube one.

Do you rest your consoles PSU on top of the console? I hope not, but the way some of you all talk it sure sounds like you do. "What about the PSU!?!" What about it? You stick it behind the TV or entertainment center and never look at it again. Factoring it into the units size is rather silly if you ask me, the unit size comes into play in style and placement in your entertainment center.

Some people see things from other perspectives. Try asking someone about it.

The Wii is just cute, small, and reminds me in a way of a NES (dont know why though).
Because of the hinged door on the front? Picture it upside down, and if it were just a little wider you'd be tempted to cram a Kid Icarus cartdrige in there.

I would like to see a sound comparison between launch day 360's and new ones.

I decided to take advantage of my extended warranty and replace my working launch day 360 with a new one (based on a friend telling me they were much more quiet), and the new one is nearly silent. I plugged it in and turned it on before I had changed my TV and stereo over the the 360, and I stopped and expected to see red lights because I didn't hear a sound. Running a DVD it is barely above a whisper, and even during gaming it's a fraction of the volume of my previous 360. Barely noticable.

I would like to see a sound comparison between launch day 360's and new ones.

I decided to take advantage of my extended warranty and replace my working launch day 360 with a new one (based on a friend telling me they were much more quiet), and the new one is nearly silent. I plugged it in and turned it on before I had changed my TV and stereo over the the 360, and I stopped and expected to see red lights because I didn't hear a sound. Running a DVD it is barely above a whisper, and even during gaming it's a fraction of the volume of my previous 360. Barely noticable.

Getting off topic, but if you could, please try out Oblivion and report back. I would love a quieter 360, particularly during load heavy games like Oblivion. Since one of my cats decided they liked my 360 standing on its top (ie the hard drive) instead of upright on a table, I could stand to get a new one.

Getting off topic, but if you could, please try out Oblivion and report back. I would love a quieter 360, particularly during load heavy games like Oblivion. Since one of my cats decided they liked my 360 standing on its top (ie the hard drive) instead of upright on a table, I could stand to get a new one.

MUCH improved over my launch day system. This thing runs really quiet. About 1/4th the volume or less of my launch day system.

It also reads the disks faster. Both games and DVD's take about half the time from the time the tray shuts to the time where the game/movie starts to play.

I was kind of concerned about doing the swap when my other system seemed to work fine. But am I glad I took a chance and did it.

If you seriously are concerned about the size of any of the games consoles (except the original xbox of course ;) ) then you need a reality check.
They're all small, smaller than about equal in size to any other AV gear in your livingroom.
It's not like you ahve to build an extension to your room to give home to your new console, or rearrange your furniture to make it fit.
They're not portable gear, size is of little importance.
The looks however are more important. I personally could blend the Wii and PS3 in my livingroom quite well, the xbox less so, because of the white colour would stand out too much and it looks too much distinctively a disc based player, whereas the PS3 could be mistaken for... well, something else.

I dont like the Wii that much. They tries to imitate the ipod look but the ipod is looking alot more clean. The wii has those ugly buttons that stick out and the weird sloping part.

Though I will buy a Wii at launch, still 3 weeks to go....

There's little to hate or like about the looks of Wii.
At least without the stand.
The stand is to Wii as inhale is to xbox360.

not to bash nintendo's console. i'm sure they will bring out very great games, but it just looks like an ordinary PC dvd drive with some buttons on it.. couldnt they just flush it up a bit? or would that cut to much in their profit :devilish: ?

not to bash nintendo's console. i'm sure they will bring out very great games, but it just looks like an ordinary PC dvd drive with some buttons on it.. couldnt they just flush it up a bit? or would that cut to much in their profit :devilish: ?

Exactly! The absurd part is how many people claim it's brilliant looking! I feel like telling those people, so you must think your square PC DVD burner is sexy as hell, too, then.

It's not terrible or anything, but it's a box. Nothing more nothing less.
________
SexyVenera cam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back