360 gaining momentum in japan?

Mmm... Gotta start from somewhere i guess!! Shame (for them) that PS3 is launching this week there, so any kind of momentum will be lost for a while, till the PS3 launch craze settles.

Well it looks as though not all momentum was lost:

Nov 6 - 12
Xbox360 3,864

Nov 13 - 19
Xbox360 4,050
http://www.m-create.com/jpn/s_ranking.html

I wonder how the Blue Dragon release will affect things, I think it recently moved up to #2 on Famitsu's most wanted. (I know that list is largely meaningless, but no 360 games has ever got close to the #2 spot)

Has GOW been launched in Japan?

It's region free and you can buy it in Japan. But there is no Japanese language version.

I doubt it would sell well even if it was localized. I also don't expect Lost Planet to sell well in Japan. "Macho" doesn't count for "Cool" here.

What Japanese holiday would that be? You know christians are something less than 2% of the population there?

The meaning and celebration of Christmas is pretty much religion agnostic nowadays. I know plenty of non-Christians who celebrate that stupid thing called Xmas.

Having said that, I have no idea what they do in Japan! :p

Pretty much everyone celebrates christmas in Japan. Decorations go up. Kids get presents. It's not considered a religious holiday. And it's not even an official national holiday. It's just an excuse for an anual thematic shopping spree.

Well I'm christian but I don't really think christmas as a religious holiday. I think of it as fattening as hell holiday.

I believe that the strongest weeks in Japan,when it comes to buying things,are the first weeks of each year not the last weeks of December.

Anyway why are you talking about Christmas,the last few weeks that the 360 has seen an increase are still along way from Christmas.

The increase is due to the release of the ,cheaper,core pack that suits the Japanese(who don't care much about online gaming) just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmph, as the first two days of PS3 sales already topthe total xbox360 sales of this year in Japan, I think the xb360 would have to gain a lot of momentum, lots and lots and LOTS of momentum before we can say xbox360 has gained a foothold in Japan territory.

Hmph, as the first two days of PS3 sales already topthe total xbox360 sales of this year in Japan, I think the xb360 would have to gain a lot of momentum, lots and lots and LOTS of momentum before we can say xbox360 has gained a foothold in Japan territory.
No ,the xbox360 will be more succesfull than the ps3 in Japan!!!!

Whatever,thanks for the contribution in this thread captain obvious...

I believe that the strongest weeks in Japan,when it comes to buying things,are the first weeks of each year not the last weeks of December.

Anyway why are you talking about Christmas,the last few weeks that the 360 has seen an increase are still along way from Christmas.

The increase is due to the release of the ,cheaper,core pack that suits the Japanese(who don't care much about online gaming) just fine.

Well there was never a christmass season after the 360 launched before (if we exclude the launch period)/So there are still some chances it may have increased sales during then. Besides the Japanese may not be christians but they have holidays during winter dont they? Or am I wrong?
Someone can clarify this because I am not sure.

Thanks for your contribution too, fulzicombie.
But can we really call these small increases in sales nimbers "gaining a momentum" especially compared what else is going on there? That was my contribution.

As if christmas has anything to do with god/jezus/christians these days its all about making major bucks at christmas. Its all about buying expansive gifts. I doubt alot of people even remember actually what christmas is about.

As if christmas has anything to do with god/jezus/christians these days its all about making major bucks at christmas. Its all about buying expansive gifts. I doubt alot of people even remember actually what christmas is about.

I don't. Do you? Do you seriously think christmas as religious holiday? I for sure as hell don't. I think of it as a day when I can give and get gifts. Get together with my family, get wasted and then forget it all the next day. And get back to gaming. ;)

Thanks for your contribution too, fulzicombie.
But can we really call these small increases in sales nimbers "gaining a momentum" especially compared what else is going on there? That was my contribution.

When sales triple? That's not momentum? A year after launch?

Obviously it is a gain in momentum, albeit a small one.

Back